Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: N/S NBA Playoffs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    Idk, maybe it's watching George in the playoffs or just on the Thunder, I really don't see how he's that great. Harrison Barnes puts up 18ppg and PG puts up 22ppg. Both are good on defense. Factor in keeping Niko too? I'd pick Barnes.

I'm a big fan of Barnes but I still take George. IMO Barnes is not far behind and would be a great fit as well. Not much separates the 2 as all around basketball players. Landing a pre playoff Jrue would take this team to another level and Barnes is one of those guys that could do it. Middleton is another one of my favorites for the role and player we need. Comparing Barnes and George's careers makes very little sense though..
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 04-24-2018 at 02:04 PM.

Who all's about to watch the game and size up our opponent?

Hope for injuries?

Bad taste? Whatever. The Warriors won championships off of injured better teams and being healthy they're due. Take your altruism elsewhere.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Anybody else here want to see a Pelicans vs Sixers finals? It would be awesome! They could bill it as the return of the big man!

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post

Hope for injuries?

Bad taste? Whatever. The Warriors won championships off of injured better teams and being healthy they're due. Take your altruism elsewhere.
    Guilty as charged, go Spurs! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Anybody else here want to see a Pelicans vs Sixers finals? It would be awesome! They could bill it as the return of the big man!
    If not this year. Soon.

If not this year. Soon.
    The small ball era kind aggravates me, I long for the days of Shaq, Robinson, Ewing, and The Dream.

Hope for injuries?

I thought like this too, then I read posts on a Portland forum calling for Nurkic to foul Jrue so hard that Nurkic gets ejected from the game. Jrue is one of the most likeable players in the entire NBA with an amazing comeback story and fans still were calling for him to be injured so their team could win.

I realized at that point I won't hope for the injury of anyone ever again. We are all just fans of our team wanting them to succeed. Yeah I can't stand Golden State or Houston but that just means the victories will be even sweeter when we beat them. This year, next, whenever.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 04-24-2018 at 10:02 PM.

I would never hope for injuries...what goes around comes around. I'd rather beat my opponent at full strength.

Quote Originally Posted by ehusson80 View Post
    I would never hope for injuries...what goes around comes around. I'd rather beat my opponent at full strength.
    They don't get to play us at full strength

Ots obvious watching these games well have to play the refs and golden state and it's sad as ********

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Is it just me or is Draymond pretty invisible out there these days? He hasn't even kicked anyone in the ghoulies for ages

Edit: bad timing lol
    Last edited by AusPel; 04-24-2018 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I thought like this too, then I read posts on a Portland forum calling for Nurkic to foul Jrue so hard that Nurkic gets ejected from the game. Jrue is one of the most likeable players in the entire NBA with an amazing comeback story and fans still were calling for him to be injured so their team could win.

I realized at that point I won't hope for the injury of anyone ever again. We are all just fans of our team wanting them to succeed. Yeah I can't stand Golden State or Houston but that just means the victories will be even sweeter when we beat them. This year, next, whenever.
    I said altruism elsewhere. Lol. Man. Some of you would get up at the chance to debate anything.

Anyways. Spurs look awesome. Same as the Wolves. Really hard to gauge Houston and GS from these opponents.

Holy Hell!! The Spurs have made a crazy comeback in the 4th!! GS called TO with 9 remaining on the shot clock and 42 seconds left in game.. Score is 93-91 with Spurs down by only 2 with plenty of time!!

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Holy Hell!! The Spurs have made a crazy comeback in the 4th!! GS called TO with 9 remaining on the shot clock and 42 seconds left in game.. Score is 93-91 with Spurs down by only 2 with plenty of time!!
    Dagger.
    Turnover.
    FreeThrows.

Game.

Helluva comeback, tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Durant just drains it after creating his own shot making it a 4 point game 95-91.. Spurs quickly turn it back over and GS ball.. Durant is fouled and makes both FTs with it now a 6 point game 97-91.. Spurs ball with 24 seconds left in game and down 6..

Giddey up

I said altruism elsewhere. Lol. Man. Some of you would get up at the chance to debate anything.

Anyways. Spurs look awesome. Same as the Wolves. Really hard to gauge Houston and GS from these opponents.
    It wasn't a debate. I didn't even say you were wrong or anything. I was just giving my thoughts on the subject since until recently I felt the exact same way as you.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 04-25-2018 at 12:27 AM.

Is anyone else really really fascinated (and inspired) but the fact that Golden State are struggling so much with the Spurs? The same Spurs who we annihilated before the playoffs started? The same Spurs who are probably the least talented team in the entire playoffs?

They dropped a game, and it took a last minute comeback this game, plus a huge 17/19 game from Draymond to save dropping this one.
    Basketball.

It wasn't a debate. I didn't even say you were wrong or anything. I was just giving my thoughts on the subject since until recently I felt the exact same way as you.
    I see what you just did! Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Is anyone else really really fascinated (and inspired) but the fact that Golden State are struggling so much with the Spurs? The same Spurs who we annihilated before the playoffs started? The same Spurs who are probably the least talented team in the entire playoffs?

They dropped a game, and it took a last minute comeback this game, plus a huge 17/19 game from Draymond to save dropping this one.
    They certainly played down to their opponents. Makes me feels good.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 04-25-2018 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

I would be if Curry wasn't coming back. I think they are beatable without him. I'm not saying I think we will, but I think we'd make a series out of it. With him back and healthy I think we're doing good to take a game from them.

Of course if Playoff Jrue is a real thing then who knows. My biggest concern with Golden State is actually dirty play. Draymond and Zaza are some of the dirtiest players in the game and I wouldn't put it past them if they were struggling to try and take a cheap shot on AD or Jrue.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 04-25-2018 at 12:35 AM.

I would be if Curry wasn't coming back. I think they are beatable without him. I'm not saying I think we will, but I think we'd make a series out of it. With him back and healthy I think we're doing good to take a game for two from them.

Of course if Playoff Jrue is a real thing then who knows. My biggest concern with Golden State is actually dirty play. Draymond and Zaza are some of the dirtiest players in the game and I wouldn't put it past them if they were struggling to try and take a cheap shot on AD or Jrue.
    I do agree that things could change dramatically with the Curry situation. I think they're supposed to be re-evaluating him Friday, so with any luck he needs another two weeks off

You definitely have a point about the dirty play. Ever since their ascendancy in 2015, the Warriors have been dirty to the core, and Draymond is just the most frequent offender. As you said, Zaza basically just exists to be dirty on command. And we all know that it takes a miracle for the refs to call it on them.

As long as we make it a series, then I'll be satisfied for this season.

Talent wise, we just don't have enough to match GSW. However, I am sure the series will go past 4 games. They are 8-9 deep. We are like 5-6 deep.

We are still a starting 20ppg SF, backup 1, backup swing 2 OR 3 (maybe), and a backup 4 OR 5 away from a dynasty...Assuming we re-sign Rondo, Boogie, and Clark.

Just need those 3-4 more additions to complete the puzzle.
    Last edited by WhyHornetsWhy; 04-25-2018 at 01:12 AM.

What do you think it would take to get Barnes ? Maybe Hill Ajinca Jackson and a first ? It sounds like a weak offer but i’m not sure about giving up moore or Niko for him.

Maybe sacrificing Diallo.

Quote Originally Posted by French Pelican View Post
    What do you think it would take to get Barnes ? Maybe Hill Ajinca Jackson and a first ? It sounds like a weak offer but i’m not sure about giving up moore or Niko for him.

Maybe sacrificing Diallo.
    Depends if we are committed to luxury tax or not

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Depends if we are committed to luxury tax or not
    I’ve read that if we are a contending team then management would be willing to pay the tax ! And with Rondo-Jrue-Barnes-AD-Boogie plus miller Moore mirotic and maybe Clark & okafor i think we would be !
    Last edited by French Pelican; 04-25-2018 at 05:16 AM.

Thread Information