Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: N/S NBA Playoffs Thread

The TNT crew had some good things to say about the Pels!! Glad we are finally getting some respect which we needed to earn and we did just that. Holiday and Mirotic are now known outside of the Pelicans and Bulls fan base. Rondo has helped out his legacy. Fun time to be a Pelicans fan!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    The TNT crew had some good things to say about the Pels!! Glad we are finally getting some respect which we needed to earn and we did just that. Holiday and Mirotic are now known outside of the Pelicans and Bulls fan base. Rondo has helped out his legacy. Fun time to be a Pelicans fan!
    Sir Charles was about to gush on Holiday then Shaq or someone interrupted with Mirotic. I was bummed coz I wanted to hear more Jrue love

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Sir Charles was about to gush on Holiday then Shaq or someone interrupted with Mirotic. I was bummed coz I wanted to hear more Jrue love
    Haha I thought the same thing!! I have been enjoying every bit of Jrue love I can get!! I remember the days when it was just me and you defending Jrue lol!! It finally paid off!!

The reason I hate Harden is similar to others on here, his use of that, stop right past the screen and get fouled shooting a 3 was what started it! HEll even the NBA agrees here, they had to make a rule change because of it. I truly Think he is a very good player and makes some wild shots, but he foul searches, he gets all the calls in the world, and he gets 10+ free throws a game! Give Jrue 10+ free throws a game, or hell even just call it fair for Jrue, and you have a better basketball player than harden! Harden beats Jrue offensively but Jrue is lock down on D and harden sucks ( even though he gets away with all kinds of BS) yeah maybe I’m making band comparisons but I agree WIth some of the others on here that the type of Game harden plays ruins it for me! It’s not even real basketball! A lot of the big name players can do it, but harden does it all the time! He just runs around or right into someone’s or somehow creates contact, even sometimes he gets ghost calls! It slows down the game and makes it not Offense FS Defense, or even team vs team! He makes it him vs the refs, which if he was called fairly then it wouldn’t HEB a problem but we all know he isn’t called fairly!

I HOPE the rockets lose first round, but they won’t. I could See it us vs them conference championship

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    So Harden is just faking out the entire NBA except people who don't like him or his style? That is absolutly not a travel and anybody who has played basketball knows it. In full speed it no doubt looks like a travel but when you follow it closely it's not.
    No because he doesn't travel each time he does that. Sometimes he obeys the rules with his plant foot or the hop with both feet. However, the example in this here thread is a blatant travel. You cannot shuffle your feet 3 times to create space like that.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    No because he doesn't travel each time he does that. Sometimes he obeys the rules with his plant foot or the hop with both feet. However, the example in this here thread is a blatant travel. You cannot shuffle your feet 3 times to create space like that.
    This

I just saw that curry could miss the next round of the playoffs ! It could be huge for us if we can manage to get past Portland.

I’m not saying we would beat GS but it would be a really competitive series

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I just hate Harden's style of basketball. Yes, he is a "great" player but his entire game is built around flops and whatever he can do to skirt around the rules. Yeah, it works because they can't make rule changes fast enough but it's not fun basketball.

No one outside of Rockets fans watch Harden JUMP INTO A DEFENDER while wildly hurling the ball toward the basket and says, "Yeah that's the way the game was meant to be played." No one outside of Rockets fans watches Harden pretend to get hit and crumble to the ground when the defender doesn't touch him and says, "Just how Jordan did it."

If there is any clear indication that the NBA isn't satisfied with how Harden plays just look at the rule change this summer. All last season Harden had a gimmick where he would run around the screen setter and if the defender tried running through the screen Harden would immediately stop on the other side and jump into the defenders outstretched arm. Sometimes pinning it to the screen setter and the defender would get hit with the foul call. 3 free shots. The NBA changed how they called fouls on defenders this summer because Harden was exploiting a rule that the NBA did not intent.

Any team other than Golden State or the Rockets and I don't care who wins. Heck if I had to choose I'd rather Golden State because even if they did make a super team, at least they play basketball.
    I kinda want cp3 to win a ring... but that’s me because he’s my favorite player
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by French Pelican View Post
    I just saw that curry could miss the next round of the playoffs ! It could be huge for us if we can manage to get past Portland.

I’m not saying we would beat GS but it would be a really competitive series
    Oh wow. Didn’t imagine he could be out for so long. Where’d you see that?
    RIP FlyGirl

"Davis is gonna be the best Basketball Player Ever. ......Please quote me." -Silverfoxx

Guess who's winning the most underrated player poll at Real GM?

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/vie...8875#p65338875

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Guess who's winning the most underrated player poll at Real GM?

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/vie...8875#p65338875
    I feel like by extension, once you win most underrated player and everyone starts talking about it, you paradoxically stop being an underrrated player.

Glad to see him finally earn that respect though. Now I can only hope refs get the memo as well so he can stop getting called for phantom fouls just because he has genius levels of route anticipation and on pick and roll defense. Maybe even start getting some FT’s for obvious contact every now and then....But that’s probably asking too much.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I feel like by extension, once you win most underrated player and everyone starts talking about it, you paradoxically stop being an underrrated player.

Glad to see him finally earn that respect though. Now I can only hope refs get the memo as well so he can stop getting called for phantom fouls just because he has genius levels of route anticipation and on pick and roll defense. Maybe even start getting some FT’s for obvious contact every now and then....But that’s probably asking too much.
    Cat's well and truly out of the bag now.

Next stop, actually getting some calls!

Quote Originally Posted by PennStatePelican View Post
    That's huge. I actually fancy our chances against them without Curry.
    Basketball.

Pels getting love on TNT. Chuck digging for gold in his ear. Kazaam reference by Shaq.

Now that's a fun night all-around.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

LeBron is going nuclear in this first quarter on the Pacers. 16 points on 7 of 8, in 6 minutes.

Never really bought into Utah.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Never really bought into Utah.
    I'd still rather deal with OKC at some point. I think we just match up better. Let them eliminate the Jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    I'd still rather deal with OKC at some point. I think we just match up better. Let them eliminate the Jazz.
    I'm in the same boat.

Utah takes game 2. The Paul George dream is alive!

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Utah is legit, the crap thing for OKC is it has to go back to Utah now, and the Vivant arena is one of the toughest places to play in. I think the Jazz take this series.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Utah is legit, the crap thing for OKC is it has to go back to Utah now, and the Vivant arena is one of the toughest places to play in. I think the Jazz take this series.
    Feeling the series will go to 7.

60/40 OKC at the moment.

Russell Westbrook, Paul George and Carmelo Anthony combined to go 0-14 shooting in the fourth quarter. That won't happen often. Steve Adams fouling out played a huge role in Jaz winning and securing the lead.

Plus they had Rubio & Favors go 7-11 on 3s which is something you just tip your cap to
    Last edited by Taker597; 04-18-2018 at 09:56 PM.

I predicted Jazz in 6 before the series started. Gonna stick with it. They are the better team.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Feeling the series will go to 7.

60/40 OKC at the moment.

Russell Westbrook, Paul George and Carmelo Anthony combined to go 0-14 shooting in the fourth quarter. That won't happen often. Steve Adams fouling out played a huge role in Jaz winning and securing the lead.

Plus they had Rubio & Favors go 7-11 on 3s which is something you just tip your cap to
    Dude, are we getting together for a playoff game out here in Houston?

Dude, are we getting together for a playoff game out here in Houston?
    I'm down!. We still got to finish Port and GSW, tho. Got a tough road. Also, Rocket fans are gonna be obnoxious **************s to us 5times out of 10. Hopefully, we find a good crowd to chill with.

Thread Information