Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: N/S NBA Playoffs Thread

GS wins from their ability to run,and shoot the 3 ball. We know we can run with or better than them, proved last series we can defend the half court. Victory or defeat will be decided on our ability to limit our turnovers and transition D. If we keep our TO to 10 or less and make sure we are in D quickly, our next stop will be Houston where we prove who the real best team in the west is.

Pacers won by 34 tonight. Jesus. I bet Lebron will play 48 minutes and go for 75 points on Sunday. Lol.
    RIP FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    Pacers won by 34 tonight. Jesus. I bet Lebron will play 48 minutes and go for 75 points on Sunday. Lol.
    Yeah... It's a cliche to say that LeBron has no help, but at the same time, LeBron has no help right now.

Love is playing like garbage, Korver is shooting well but he's 37, can't make his own shot, and can't defend, JR has been the definition of unreliable, Calderon can't really put up numbers, Clarkson has been unreliable as hell.

The only guy who has been looking energetic and active has been Nance, who, reliably, isn't playing much. Because Lue is one of the league's worst coaches.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 04-28-2018 at 02:10 PM.
    Basketball.

I love watching Russ Westbrook look like a lil **********.

Did you see the fan try high fiving him and Russ swatted at him. Have a nice summer chump.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Don Mitchell is the ROY.

Snyder looks like he just got off a bender, and he can't quit rubbing his nose.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post

Did you see the fan try high fiving him and Russ swatted at him. Have a nice summer chump.
    This is why he will never win at the highest level. He doesn't trust his team. Dude had 46 points on 43 shots! This is not a typo, he took 43 shots in one game! Meanwhile PG13 was 2 for 16 in 45 minutes and Mello was 3 for 7. What happened to Paul George in this elimination game or even Mello? I know Mello is a shadow of his former self but 7 shots in the game? I didn't watch but based on these numbers I am assuming Utah let Westbrook do his thing and just shut everyone else down. I expected more from George and Mello though. Maybe they just want out of there and this will make it easy for PG13 to justify his escape to New Orleans! I can dream right?

Russ can average a triple double for the rest of his career and still not get a ring. Can’t stand that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    This is why he will never win at the highest level. He doesn't trust his team. Dude had 46 points on 43 shots! This is not a typo, he took 43 shots in one game! Meanwhile PG13 was 2 for 16 in 45 minutes and Mello was 3 for 7. What happened to Paul George in this elimination game or even Mello? I know Mello is a shadow of his former self but 7 shots in the game? I didn't watch but based on these numbers I am assuming Utah let Westbrook do his thing and just shut everyone else down. I expected more from George and Mello though. Maybe they just want out of there and this will make it easy for PG13 to justify his escape to New Orleans! I can dream right?
    Of active players, Russell Westbrook is the only one to have shot more than 40 FGAs in a single game. And this was his third time doing it. The only other players in NBA history to have had more games with 40+ FGAs are the world's most notorious chucker, Kobe Bryant, who had 9 of them, and Michael Jordan who had 4.

Dear you guys,

Please calm my nerves. Everyone on Twitter is fired up for this game. LOL, just spent half an hour and typed in "pelicans" into the search bar. Seems like everyone is rooting for us and talks about how this series will be crazy.

I am nervous as hell for this series. Please explain to me why I am not as confident going into this game 1 as I was going into game 1 against the Blazers?...Do we realistically have a chance to beat this team in a 7 game series?

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    Dear you guys,

Please calm my nerves. Everyone on Twitter is fired up for this game. LOL, just spent half an hour and typed in "pelicans" into the search bar. Seems like everyone is rooting for us and talks about how this series will be crazy.

I am nervous as hell for this series. Please explain to me why I am not as confident going into this game 1 as I was going into game 1 against the Blazers?...Do we realistically have a chance to beat this team in a 7 game series?
    You're not as confident because Golden State are better than Portland, which makes sense.

But yes, we've got this. I said that it would be Pels in 4 over Portland, and I'm saying it's Pels in 6 over GS. We can do it. We have the best offense in the playoffs and the 6th best defense. Our net rating is second only to Golden State, and the difference between our two ratings is less than one point. We are just as good as they are in every way.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Get on that phone, Cousins. Be there for your friend, PG.

Yeah, Russ should have just walked away. Fans are going to heckle, that’s just life in sports. He should have expected that in a notoriously known hostile environment such as Utah. He didn’t do him or his teammates any favors in these playoffs.
    Last edited by DaFranchise80; 04-28-2018 at 10:19 AM.

Don Mitchell is the ROY.

Snyder looks like he just got off a bender, and he can't quit rubbing his nose.
    There needs to be a co-ROY this year. I like Simmons but you just can’t ignore the contributions of Mitchell.

We will win the series but won't actually advance as the entire Pels roster and staff will be in police custody after what we do to GSW.

It will take them at least 30 years to figure it out.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 04-28-2018 at 12:02 PM.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Of active players, Russell Westbrook is the only one to have shot more than 40 FGAs in a single game. And this was his third time doing it. The only other players in NBA history to have had more games with 40+ FGAs are the world's most notorious chucker, Kobe Bryant, who had 9 of them, and Michael Jordan who had 4.
    That's not surprising. Kobe and MJ tried to do it all until they realized they couldn't do it alone. Will Russ ever figure it out? Looks doubtful because he will likely never have another supporting cast as good as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    There needs to be a co-ROY this year. I like Simmons but you just can’t ignore the contributions of Mitchell.
    I love Simmons but dude isn't a rookie. I think that rule is stupid. He missed his rookie year. Mitchell deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    We will win the series but won't actually advance as the entire Pels roster and staff will be in police custody after what we do to GSW.

It will take them at least 30 years to figure it out.

Lol!

LeBron showing why he's an all-time great again, carrying the sad Cavs roster to the second round of the playoffs. Rox destroying the Jazz atm too. Thought Rox in 6 initially, but could be 5 if this level of play holds up.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    LeBron showing why he's an all-time great again, carrying the sad Cavs roster to the second round of the playoffs. Rox destroying the Jazz atm too. Thought Rox in 6 initially, but could be 5 if this level of play holds up.
    LeBron took more FTs in game 7 Vs the Pacers than the entire Pelicans team got in Game 1 Vs Golden State.

Nice.

That Cavs (NBA) vs Indiana game was pathetic. The NBA sent those refs down there to officiate that game with a mission. It wasn’t said but it was implied. If Lebron were to get bounced in the first round the NBA would have lost millions of dollars as people would have tuned out of the playoffs, and sponsors and stations wouldn’t have seen an ROI on their investment that they expected. That gave was beyond embarrassing. The free throw discrepancy, the foul discrepancy, everything, it all stunk to high heavens.

The Jazz game wasn’t bad, the Jazz were just out matched. I don’t see this series breaking their way, but that Mitchell kid and Gobert, if they could recruit a star there, they would be a top tier team. Those two guys are amazing to watch, but they are no match for Houston. Houston is taking it all this year. Write that down. That team is stacked.

That Cavs (NBA) vs Indiana game was pathetic. The NBA sent those refs down there to officiate that game with a mission. It wasn’t said but it was implied. If Lebron were to get bounced in the first round the NBA would have lost millions of dollars as people would have tuned out of the playoffs, and sponsors and stations wouldn’t have seen an ROI on their investment that they expected. That gave was beyond embarrassing. The free throw discrepancy, the foul discrepancy, everything, it all stunk to high heavens.

The Jazz game wasn’t bad, the Jazz were just out matched. I don’t see this series breaking their way, but that Mitchell kid and Gobert, if they could recruit a star there, they would be a top tier team. Those two guys are amazing to watch, but they are no match for Houston. Houston is taking it all this year. Write that down. That team is stacked.
    That my friend is why I stopped watching the NBA all those years ago. I was sucked in again when we drafted CP and now again with AD.

There is just too much money involved in sport these days to expect fairness.

I don't even care about the Pacers getting rinsed because I hate Lance Stephenson so much, but yeah mostly agreed.

I wish Lance was still here. He was a good guy to have on our team. Like Rondo, Lance can be viewed as a malcontent, but he is worth it when he is playing for your team. They guy is like a Hobbit, he has been there and back again.

Nah man, I feel like Lance is that one guy that kept hanging around your friends that absolutely nobody likes but nobody knew how to tell to go away. The kind of person who, when asked what he's like, can only be described as "a character".

You know, Lebron James is quite good at this whole basketball business. He should do it for a living.

Thread Information