Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: N/S NBA Playoffs Thread

I hope people realize during these playoffs that AD is just a better player than Towns. Just look at how bad he is. During his first playoffs AD was averaging 30+pts and 10+reb against GSW.

It pisses me off when i see comments saying KAT is the better player ! Damn if it wasn’t for butler the Wolves would not even be in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by French Pelican View Post
    I hope people realize during these playoffs that AD is just a better player than Towns. Just look at how bad he is. During his first playoffs AD was averaging 30+pts and 10+reb against GSW.

It pisses me off when i see comments saying KAT is the better player ! Damn if it wasn’t for butler the Wolves would not even be in the playoffs.
    Basically.

We lost back then, but it wasn't our fault. AD was going crazy but Jrue barely got 20mpg and was injured, as was Quincy, and we just didn't have our ship in order. Meanwhile, Wolves have a good coach, KAT, Wiggins, Butler, Teague, all healthy more-or-less, and they're eating dirt.
    Basketball.

KAT is the Deep Impact to AD's Armageddon. Foreigner to his Journey. But there are people who just can't go with the obvious better choice. They have to be against the grain. That's why they pick KAT.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    KAT is the Deep Impact to AD's Armageddon. Foreigner to his Journey. But there are people who just can't go with the obvious better choice. They have to be against the grain. That's why they pick KAT.
    I understand the urge to be a contrarian, but at some point you have to just realise that picking someone so evidently worse makes you look actively dumb. If you think KAT is better than AD, you're just dumb. It's not edgy or cool or counterculture, it's just you failing to understand basketball.

People are awful

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I understand the urge to be a contrarian, but at some point you have to just realise that picking someone so evidently worse makes you look actively dumb. If you think KAT is better than AD, you're just dumb. It's not edgy or cool or counterculture, it's just you failing to understand basketball.

People are awful
    Yeah i mean appart maybe the 3pt shot there is almost nothing where KAT is better than AD. He can't lead a team right now when at the same time Davis led us to the playoffs in 2015

Yeah i mean appart maybe the 3pt shot there is almost nothing where KAT is better than AD. He can't lead a team right now when at the same time Davis led us to the playoffs in 2015
    It's baffling. The Wolves have all the talent in the world. In terms of on-paper talent, they're probably the 4th best team in the league. And they suck.

Minnesota has 2 problems. One is named Wiggins and the other is named Coach Thibs.

Wiggins might be the worst player that averages over 35 minutes a game. His efficiency is sub-par and all he knows how to do is score. For his physical gifts, he is really bad at defense and rebounding. Also, he thinks he's a superstar and alpha dog player. He will try to take over games and is very bad at it.

Regarding Thibs: During the regular season, all 5 staters for the T-Wolves were in the top 35 in minutes per game in the NBA. He has kept this coaching philosophy of over-using his starters since his Bulls days.
    In the playoffs, KAT had 9 shots in both games. How do you allow this? Worse, how do you allow DEREK ROSE and JAMAL CRAWFORD to take more shots. In fact, they have attempted more shots than Jimmy Butler, also. I can't help but blame the coach.

People are awful
    It's kind of hilarious that some people still think it's a debate.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

People are awful
    There are a lot of so-called reporters and "experts" out there that feel like they have to have the "hot take" of the day. KAT better than AD is one of these "hot takes". So is "Pelicans should trade AD" or "LeBron will be a (insert team of the week)" or "Russell triple-double average is overrated".

I was listening to a Blazers homer reporter before game 1 of the Pels/Blazers series say that "Playoff Rondo is a myth". NO ITS REAL.

Quote Originally Posted by R Pelly View Post
    There are a lot of so-called reporters and "experts" out there that feel like they have to have the "hot take" of the day. KAT better than AD is one of these "hot takes". So is "Pelicans should trade AD" or "LeBron will be a (insert team of the week)" or "Russell triple-double average is overrated".

I was listening to a Blazers homer reporter before game 1 of the Pels/Blazers series say that "Playoff Rondo is a myth". NO ITS REAL.
    I mean, while I agree with your overall sentiment, Russell Westbrook's triple double average is kinda overrated. He does assist hunt, and he does have team-mates who are very happy to just feed him rebounds. Can't knock the hustle though.

It's baffling. The Wolves have all the talent in the world. In terms of on-paper talent, they're probably the 4th best team in the league. And they suck.
    I know it's kind of a squishy standard, but I really do think having a clear identity as a team helps. The Pels have struggled with this at times. In past years, the team wouldn't consistently feed the ball to Davis failing to either accept or realize that the offense had to flow through him to a large measure. When DeMarcus joined the team I think the roster struggled once more in how it wanted to play around him, often ending up standing around waiting for him to make a decision at the high post.

With DeMarcus injured, perhaps purely out of need, the team has adopted a clear identity--they are going to play fast mainly through Rondo, take the ball into the paint consistently, pass up good shots for better ones and make sure Davis gets his touches. On defense they are going to show aggressively out front with lots of switching and switching back. As others have observed, this looks a lot like the team we thought we'd first get under Gentry--with Davis at the Five, Mirotic playing the Ryan Anderson role at PF and a bunch of guards pushing pace, cutting and sharing the ball and effectively threatening teams from the three point line to create room for Davis to operate. On defense they crowd the guards up top, try to get in the passing lanes and funnel penetration to Davis at the rim.

It's a clear set of objectives suited well to our personnel. As always the "X" factor is whether your're knocking down shots, but all our guards have proven adept at getting to the rim if their perimeter shots aren't falling. Knowing what you want to do and how you want to play is a huge benefit to even the most talented team...

HOUSTON GOING DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    HOUSTON GOING DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not fun. Wanted them to sweep Minnesota.

The way we are playing I really believe we can beat anybody in the playoffs. The 2 teams Rockets/Warriors we will have to beat to advance have a similar strengths as the Blazers. Sure they are better teams but their strength is in their back court. The Pelicans have shown we are a different beast in the playoffs and seem to have a nice recipe for defending the guards. The problem with the Warriors for us imo is Durant but we present some problems for them as well. I promise you Curry on a bum ankle is not excited to play us after watching Lillard getting 48 minutes of hell. If we play offensively and defensively like we did this series!?!? Not a team in the playoffs I'm scared of.

Rockets and Cavs are struggling and the Pelicans are surging. These playoffs have been weird so far, but in a good way.

I just wanna say I love all of you guys. Exciting time to be a Pels fan.

All that we have been through and this franchise is amazing to finally have some good times to live in.

CAW CAW!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Pels will beat GSW BAD. We are going to be their worst nightmare. We will play smarter faster and with more aggression than they have ever seen. When the PELICANS go all out they win. Rondo will have Niko the whole series and GSW will be in shock by how much of a MONSTER the PELICANS have become. We will beat their asses and Rondo is going to expose them and pick them apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we do, brace yourselves for the bandwagoners.

Not that I would be sad. I've been dreaming of more Pelican support for a long time. I haven't bought PelGear in years so I decided to get a new short during a long work break. Hit up two giant sports retail stores and all the stores in the Lake Charles mall and no Pelicans gear. Winning cures all.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Pels will beat GSW BAD. We are going to be their worst nightmare. We will play smarter faster and with more aggression than they have ever seen. When the PELICANS go all out they win. Rondo will have Niko the whole series and GSW will be in shock by how much of a MONSTER the PELICANS have become. We will beat their asses and Rondo is going to expose them and pick them apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    WE are playing out of our skin right now, its really great to see that things are clicking at the right time of the season, however we are talking about the defending champs here with multiple HOF players and coaches on this roster, and they play in the hardest arena to win at.

The Spurs have played incredible in this game. Everytime the Warriors revive themselves the Spurs suck the life out of them with a clutch bucket. This Warriors team even without Curry is going to be very tough. Would be great if the Spurs could steal a couple of games and tire them out a little.

Durant is going to be a problem for us. Going to be interesting to see if we still start Moore or if we decide to go with some more length with Miller/Hill to start the game. I would rather swap Moore and Miller out to start the game. The Warriors lineup backcourt as of now is ridiculously long. Warriors have Iggy 6'6, Klay 6'7, and Durant 6'11.. Pelicans have Rondo 6'1, Jrue 6'4, and Moore 6'4.. we have stuck with the small ball lineup all season so maybe we start the game as we have all season and leave to the rotations for certain matchups or insert some more length in the starting lineup. I'm fine with either.

This was a rehearsal for Messina, that guy is going to be a head coach next year.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    I predicted Jazz in 6 before the series started. Gonna stick with it. They are the better team.
    Jazz looking really good. They win tonight, and it's practically a wrap. Let the Paul George fantasies commence.

If the jazz had beaten Portland in that last game of the regular season we would've faced the jazz instead of the trail blazers. How do yall think we would've fared against them?

Quote Originally Posted by ehusson80 View Post
    If the jazz had beaten Portland in that last game of the regular season we would've faced the jazz instead of the trail blazers. How do yall think we would've fared against them?
    We would’ve still played Portland I believe. I think OKC had to lose for us to play the Jazz. Think it would’ve been a bad matchup for us and definitely not a sweep; but I think we would’ve still pulled it out. Probably in 6 or 7

Thread Information