Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: N/S NBA Playoffs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Jazz looking really good. They win tonight, and it's practically a wrap. Let the Paul George fantasies commence.
    There's virtually no way to sign PG outright

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar

N/S NBA Playoffs Thread

Watching OKC play basketball makes me physically angry. I mean I want to throw things. I don’t even like them and it still pisses me off. What an absolute joke of a team. A disgrace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Well if Joe Ingles keeps outplaying him, no one will WANT to sign him outright.

Complete trash.

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    Watching OKC play basketball makes me physically angry. I mean I want to throw things. I don’t even like them and it still pisses me off. What an absolute joke of a team. A disgrace.

hahaha right? so frustrating I find it hard to watch at all

Watching OKC gives me new appreciation for the offense Gentry and Finch have created

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post

Watching Westbrook makes me angry. Watching Carmelo makes me mildly irritated. Watching Steven Adams be reduced to setting screens and box-outs so that the entire team can be complicit in Westbrook's stupid rebound hunting makes me mad.

Put that all together means that regardless of anything else, OKC will be infuriating.
    Basketball.

Watching OKC gives me new appreciation for the offense Gentry and Finch have created

Who said anything about signing him outright?

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Donovan Mitchell is one of my favorite players. This kid is a flat out stud and has a great attitude. He's DWade with a 3 point shot and that's one hell of a combo to have. I'm glad that Hayward left the Jazz cause they would be on another level!! Team has a bright future but will have to find that wingman for Mitchell to ever take the next step and that's gonna be tough to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Watching Westbrook makes me angry. Watching Carmelo makes me mildly irritated. Watching Steven Adams be reduced to setting screens and box-outs so that the entire team can be complicit in Westbrook's stupid rebound hunting makes me mad.

Put that all together means that regardless of anything else, OKC will be infuriating.
    I would love to watch Steven Adams on a competent team that could effectively utilize his talents. Instead he's reduced to catching as many bricks as humanly possible.

Wish the Pelicans would have signed Ingles a couple of years ago. I wanted him so bad and made a few threads about him. I remember watching him single handedly dominate team USA and couldn't understand how he wasn't on an NBA team. Even after that he still had little interest. Man if we had him instead of Hill on that contract!? He would be a perfect fit here at SF. Mario Henzonja is going to be a stud in a year or 2 and bring a similar style of play as Ingles just on another level athletically.

Ingles having some fun with the TNT crew.. now I'm aggravated dealers Dell didn't snag him!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Wish the Pelicans would have signed Ingles a couple of years ago. I wanted him so bad and made a few threads about him. I remember watching him single handedly dominate team USA and couldn't understand how he wasn't on an NBA team. Even after that he still had little interest. Man if we had him instead of Hill on that contract!? He would be a perfect fit here at SF. Mario Henzonja is going to be a stud in a year or 2 and bring a similar style of play as Ingles just on another level athletically.
    I was fully behind it too after the Olympics in 2016 with him being Aussie and all

Clippers let him go as well

Who said anything about signing him outright?
    Exactly. The path to this fantasy would be how CP got to Houston.

1) Paul G would have to choose the Pelicans as the team he wants to join, and inform OKC of this.

2) OKC would have to agree to a sign and trade with Pels. This would one of their few chances to improve the roster since with Melo likely opting in, they would be capped out and not able to sign any major free-agents. Or would they balk at accepting role-players back for a mediocre squad with a high tax bill, and just let George have to sign somewhere else in FA?

3) Paul G would opt-in to his player option ($20-mil, 1 yr.), and OKC would receive back some combination of Mirotic, Moore, Hill with picks, Miller, Diallo and Frank Jack. all being possibilities.

It would be cool, but how weird would it be to go from being a fan of the underdog to a fan of a super-team? Lol. Rondo/Holiday/George/AD/Boogie with capable bench players. Aight

The Rockets scored 50 points in the 3rd quarter!! That is just absolutly insane!! 2nd highest playoff quarter in NBA history behind the 63' Lakers 51 points. When the Rockets are hot they are tough!

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Exactly. The path to this fantasy would be how CP got to Houston.

1) Paul G would have to choose the Pelicans as the team he wants to join, and inform OKC of this.

2) OKC would have to agree to a sign and trade with Pels. This would one of their few chances to improve the roster since with Melo likely opting in, they would be capped out and not able to sign any major free-agents. Or would they balk at accepting role-players back for a mediocre squad with a high tax bill, and just let George have to sign somewhere else in FA?

3) Paul G would opt-in to his player option ($20-mil, 1 yr.), and OKC would receive back some combination of Mirotic, Moore, Hill with picks, Miller, Diallo and Frank Jack. all being possibilities.

It would be cool, but how weird would it be to go from being a fan of the underdog to a fan of a super-team? Lol. Rondo/Holiday/George/AD/Boogie with capable bench players. Aight
    It will hurt so bad to lose niko! Honestly, the only trade I will make involving Niko is for Kawhi or Lebron.

Rondo/Jrue/Kawhi~Lebron/AD/Boogie would give us the best defensive team in the league.

Another scenario is to keep Niko here, and find a deal to get Harrison Barnes...Lmao, I just don't want to lose Mirotic. He's too valuable.
    Rondo/Jrue/Barnes/AD/Boogie...Not as sexy, but it will get the job done in getting a championship (as long as the bench is good too).
    Last edited by WhyHornetsWhy; 04-24-2018 at 01:08 AM.

It was a lot due to the Wolves going ice cold in D, as well. That team is so bipolar. Looked like they just stopped trying.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    It will hurt so bad to lose niko! Honestly, the only trade I will make involving Niko is for Kawhi or Lebron.

Rondo/Jrue/Kawhi~Lebron/AD/Boogie would give us the best defensive team in the league.

Another scenario is to keep Niko here, and find a deal to get Harrison Barnes...Lmao, I just don't want to lose Mirotic. He's too valuable.
    Rondo/Jrue/Barnes/AD/Boogie...Not as sexy, but it will get the job done in getting a championship (as long as the bench is good too).
    Mirotic is one of my favorite players but I trade him 100 out of 100 times for George, Leonard, and quite a few other SFs. I agree he is a very valuable member of this team but he is not untouchable by any means. I see what you mean though. I don't want to lose him either and would like to make an under the radar trade for someone like barnes if possible as well. IMO Barnes is a great fit here and is a similar talent as Holiday at the SF position. He would take this team to the next level and give us so much versatility on the court. I wouldn't mind grabbing Rodney Hood this offseason either. He would be a great 3 and D SF for this team and compliment our players and system. I don't think we need to add another star to win a championship as long as we are healthy. IMO we need to add a solid SF and get rid of Hill. Just 1 more Mirotic caliber player on this team and nobody wants to play us! My offseason steal is Henzonja.. I think our system and fit is the best in the NBA for him. He would be a nice boost to our young talent to develop on the team. I really think Frank Jackson is going to surprise a lot of people and having him turn into a contributor can really help us.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 04-24-2018 at 01:32 AM.

The thing is that the Jazz vs OKC series should be over. In game one the Jazz got hosed by the refs, and the Thunder were given every chance to win, while the Jazz weren’t given any breaks. That game should have gone to the Jazz, but instead the Thunder are about to get got in 5 games.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I would take Mitchell over Kawhi, George, or Ingles. Run a 3 guard set with him, Rondo, and Jrue with AD and Boogie upntop...good night.

OKC is such a bad team. I don’t understand how people can think that a team led by westbrook can go to the WCF especially with Melo on the team.

They need the ball to exist and they just destroy the offensive flow and the passing game. I honestly feel bad for Steven Addams who is used to just setting screens and grab rebounds while he is a great player.

Quote Originally Posted by French Pelican View Post
    OKC is such a bad team. I don’t understand how people can think that a team led by westbrook can go to the WCF especially with Melo on the team.

They need the ball to exist and they just destroy the offensive flow and the passing game. I honestly feel bad for Steven Addams who is used to just setting screens and grab rebounds while he is a great player.
    Haha that's all I can think about as I watch OKC self destruct, is how crappy a situation Adams is locked into. Though I think he's on 100/4 so can't feel overly sorry for him

Stop it. Niko is great. My preference would be to keep him over not keeping him. But if he's the difference between getting PG and not getting him, I'll make that swap every single time.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 04-24-2018 at 10:13 AM.

Stop it. Niko is great. My preference would be to keep him over not keeping him. But if he's the difference between getting PG and not getting him, I'll make that swap every single time.
    Idk, maybe it's watching George in the playoffs or just on the Thunder, I really don't see how he's that great. Harrison Barnes puts up 18ppg and PG puts up 22ppg. Both are good on defense. Factor in keeping Niko too? I'd pick Barnes.

Idk, maybe it's watching George in the playoffs or just on the Thunder, I really don't see how he's that great. Harrison Barnes puts up 18ppg and PG puts up 22ppg. Both are good on defense. Factor in keeping Niko too? I'd pick Barnes.
    Harrison Barnes - Paul George, both compared for their careers
    PPG - Paul George
    APG - Paul George
    RPG - Paul George
    STLS - Paul George
    BLKS - Paul George
    FG% - Barnes
    3P% - Barnes (on less than half the attempts)
    ORTG - Tied at 107
    DRTG - Paul George
    Net RTG - Paul George (Barnes is actually a negative)
    PER - Paul George
    TS% - Paul George
    Win Shares - Paul George
    WS/48 - Paul George
    Box Plus Minus - Paul George
    VORP - Paul George

There is no way that Barnes and PG13 are even in the same stratosphere of player. Paul George is light-years better.

Thread Information