Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Playoffs Round 2 - New Orleans Pelicans @ Golden State Warriors- Game One

Playoffs Western Playoffs Round 2 - New Orleans Pelicans @ Golden State Warriors- Game One

So here it is! After a long long wait, which has been simultaneously great for rest and preparation but awful for not having Pels games to watch, we are ready to start the second round match-up VS Golden State!

Regardless of what happens, we should be proud of the team, but I can't see this being any thing less than a dogfight. We're playing incredible basketball right now, and regardless of whether or not Curry plays in game one, we need to go out there and make our presence known from the first minute of game one. AD and the guys have been saying all the right things in the days leading up to this, and if they deliver like they did in Round One, this is going to be a lot of fun.

First mission of the series: Steal one in Golden State. The door is wide open, and we have the team that can walk through it. So hyped up! Time for AD to officially knock KD off the spot of the second best player in the league.
    Basketball.

We will do such amazingly bad public things to the warriors that it won't take the GS police 30 years to solve it.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    We will do such amazingly bad public things to the warriors that it won't take the GS police 30 years to solve it.
    I don't know if I should feel bad for laughing at that or not

I hate Draymond so much... JaVale is a close second. Wonder if Oakfor gets some minutes in this matchup...

Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    I hate Draymond so much... JaVale is a close second. Wonder if Oakfor gets some minutes in this matchup...
    I hate Draymond, KD, Curry, Zaza, and Javale. So I'm really, really, hoping we pull through and knock them out.

I doubt Okafor gets minutes though, or at least any more than spot minutes once or twice through the series. Golden State run too much, use too many screens, and switch often. I don't think he really has the speed, or stamina, or perimeter defense to handle much of that.

Geaux Pelicans!!!!

Curry out until game 2

Go steal one peels!

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    Curry out until game 2
    Glad to hear it. Game one- Pels.

We win in 6

They win games 2 and 5

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    We win in 6

They win games 2 and 5
    Curry come back rusty and off is given. We need to get up 2-0.

So excited for this! Everything the team has done says they can compete with GS, but I'm still nervous.

I'll be paying close attention to how the refs call the AD Draymond matchup. They always let him maul Anthony because he's so much smaller, and then they call AD whenever Green flops. Makes me so mad, and I just hope they keep the calls somewhat fair/even. AD is gonna get his either way, but it always seems like they let Green hang on and foul hard in crunch time, without blowing the whistle.

They are such a dirty team. If zaza goes in he is looking to walk under people.

Draymond kicks AD in the balls and I want his head on a platter

They are such a dirty team. If zaza goes in he is looking to walk under people.

Draymond kicks AD in the balls and I want his head on a platter
    If either of them do anything, I want Okafor in just to knock their heads off. Flagrant two.

It's hard to hate klay or Steph but it's easy to hate the rest of them.

It's hard to hate klay or Steph but it's easy to hate the rest of them.
    Klay, I can see. It's incredibly easy to hate Curry though. Arrogant beyond belief, dismissive of everyone else, throwing mouthguards at refs and being a general wart.

Well I'm awake for this one, Curry not playing, must win !

Warriors PG: Andre Iguodala, SG: Klay Thompson, SF: Nick Young, PF: Kevin Durant, C: Draymond Green

Be competitive & lets see if we can steal this one in the 4th quarter.
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Yo, even on the NBA app the Pelicans cast isn't available. No Joel and David for this? Goddamn.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yo, even on the NBA app the Pelicans cast isn't available. No Joel and David for this? Goddamn.
    Nope. They're done for the year. Everything from here on out is national.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Nope. They're done for the year. Everything from here on out is national.
    Hoorah.

Warriors cast is up though, so I guess if I want to hear some people pretending KD is the greatest thing since sliced bread, that's always an option.

A huge stage, even with no Curry this will be tough. The pels have really stood up and taken the challenge in winning away games, lets keep it rolling and steal this one!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Nah the last game vs Portland was their last cast for this season unfortunately

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Crazy thing is, I have zero doubt we can take a sizable lead vs them.

The issue is we never can friggin' hold the lead.

Thread Information