Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The build up to Saturday thread

Basketball Guru
    At one point this year,i was looking forward to going to jazz fest and a playoff game on the same day..I guess my wish will come in the second round....

Now I expect to see Chicago playoff rondo..I expect Clark to ball out....I expect Niko to get his 17+pts.........if the refs give jrue the star calls then dame should have 2 or 3 early fouls from jrue driving on him all game......hill defense will be a big factor......I'm worried about diallo and Miller,,if diallo can shake the nerves off and play his game and Miller 3pt shot come back then as a team we blow them away.....pels 4-2....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    At one point this year,i was looking forward to going to jazz fest and a playoff game on the same day..I guess my wish will come in the second round....

Now I expect to see Chicago playoff rondo..I expect Clark to ball out....I expect Niko to get his 17+pts.........if the refs give jrue the star calls then dame should have 2 or 3 early fouls from jrue driving on him all game......hill defense will be a big factor......I'm worried about diallo and Miller,,if diallo can shake the nerves off and play his game and Miller 3pt shot come back then as a team we blow them away.....pels 4-2....
    I bet CJ covers Jrue and Dante covers Rondo. Just my thinking since like you said Dante would get in foul trouble having to actually play lots of defense and CJ is taller to cover Jrue height. Pels 4-2 would be awesome!

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    I bet CJ covers Jrue and Dante covers Rondo. Just my thinking since like you said Dante would get in foul trouble having to actually play lots of defense and CJ is taller to cover Jrue height. Pels 4-2 would be awesome!
    Yeah I'm forgetting playoff basketball adjustment will be made but if he is guarding jrue , I pray jrue play selfish ball and attack him all game long...I just hope jrue don't get frustrated if he don't get the calls and check out the game....

I mean the crazy thing about jrue is he can back down a lot of people I mean hell he was kind of bullying Draymond into the paint lol honestly hope he gets selfish as ********

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

The Franchise
    I think Jrue get covered by turner. CJ and Lillard cover Moore and rondo or at least that’s how I’d do it if i was Portland.

http://rotoworld.com/articles/nba/79...f-preview?pg=2

I can't believe it. National media says pelicans in 6 for the reasons we do. Says AD is the fantasy MVP. Either way I think we lose games one and five. This has been a special season regardless and I am optimistic next Will be better.

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    I mean the crazy thing about jrue is he can back down a lot of people I mean hell he was kind of bullying Draymond into the paint lol honestly hope he gets selfish as ********

I've noticed Jrue as the offensive and AD as the defensive closers. I love when Jrue is aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    I've noticed Jrue as the offensive and AD as the defensive closers. I love when Jrue is aggressive.
    Especially lately when we get into one of those funks in the third jrue just takes over.

http://rotoworld.com/articles/nba/79...f-preview?pg=2

I can't believe it. National media says pelicans in 6 for the reasons we do. Says AD is the fantasy MVP. Either way I think we lose games one and five. This has been a special season regardless and I am optimistic next Will be better.
    Kiss of death by the national media. I’d rather we stay the underdog.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Kiss of death by the national media. I’d rather we stay the underdog.
    I don't think we are tho. We split the series with them and both won on each other's court. Mirotic then wasn't Mirotic now.

Man im living in Seattle, im gonna try and get down to portland for a game! if i can afford to that is..

I agree with this except Jrue is the defensive closer at game's end too. The dude has probably won as many games for us with his end of game defense as he has taking over offensively in the 4th.

i think me and my girl are gonna try to go to game 3! any one else planning to go to any games?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I agree with this except Jrue is the defensive closer at game's end too. The dude has probably won as many games for us with his end of game defense as he has taking over offensively in the 4th.
    That steal against lou Williams with a few seconds left needing that win just awesome

I think Jrue is an elite defender from the jump.

I think Jrue is an elite defender from the jump.
    I didn't think you thought anything else about him. My point was simply that I don't think I'd call AD the defensive closer in the 4th because Jrue has probably had more big defensive spots throughout the season.

It's more like Jrue just takes over the game entirely in the 4th.

AD did have two amazing rebounds off of Jrue Ft misses at the end of games this year though.

i got my tickets for game 2!

More like PeliCAN and PeliDID!!!!

I'll see myself out.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Basketball Guru
    Jrue , first team all defense and outsiders will put respeck lol on his name starting today.....

Not related at all but I thought this was amusing.

True but who even thinks of that
    Basketball.

I’m getting hyped for this! 3am over here but who cares, right?
    '' We are here!!''

I was tempted to start the game thread already but I felt like opening it up at (as it was then) 11am was a little premature

hahah, I saw that earlier, definitely twilight zoney

I figure if we’re winning... Rondo is gonna have a big game. Just got him at 17/1 £10 for a 15 point 15 assist game... I could be rich by the morning!

Thread Information