Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The build up to Saturday thread

The build up to Saturday thread

Guys and gals.

Playoffs.

Ah man, it has been forever.

Kind of grinds ma gears that our first home playoff game is only on NBAtv (unless I am mistaken) but whatever. That's what reddit is for.

Anyways. Anybody doing anything special for game one? I can't. Have a kids B-Day party ending right before it.

What are your thoughts on the series?

Let's try to keep the semantic battle to a minimum. We fought to the 6th seed without one of the best big men in basketball. After The Boogie Rupture, we shouldn't be here. Let's come together as Pelicans fans and have a good 48+ hour conversation of camaraderie. Post me finny antiBlazer/ProPel pics.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Not doing anything special, cause the game's on at 3:30am my time. Just staying up for it's a task, but I'll be there. I don't drink much but I'll probably get some spirits out and just ride the wave.

I'm so hype for this it's unbelievable. Following the playoffs without us in it is like watching people on a trampoline. Screw that, you don't wanna be the guy just watching!
    Basketball.

Appreantly people think it's going to be a sweep for the blazers lol we are the Roger dangerfield of the nba no respect I tell ya no respect

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

I'm OK with that. I give the Rockets little respect since every person on that team from coach to player chokes when it matters. Once Boogie went down, we probably look like the same 'ol Pels to most people. Gotta get out there and earn it.

Is this the first NOLA basketball postseason for any posters?

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Appreantly people think it's going to be a sweep for the blazers lol we are the Roger dangerfield of the nba no respect I tell ya no respect

Pels in 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Pels in 5.
    Right? I just don't get it they're acting as if they swept us in the regular season

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Right? I just don't get it they're acting as if they swept us in the regular season

They're arrogant.

I mean, think about it this way; their whole thing is Damian Lillard is underrated. They push that at every opportunity. Everyone mentions it all the time. You'd think at some point, when every single person is talking about how underrated you are cause you're awesome, maybe you're not actually underrated anymore? Yet they keep saying it. Why is that? It's because they have ideas way above their station. Portland fans think Dame is underrated because top 20 player isn't enough; they're convinced he's top 5. They think they're going to sweep us, because they think Dame and CJ are Curry and Klay. It's baffling, but self delusion is a powerful thing.

The pels will definitely steal one in Portland... we are one of the best road teams. You better believe this team isn't happy about the last time we played them. Our guards and Niko are playing MUCH better ball than the last time we played them. I'm thinking Pels in 5, with them closing it out at home. Last time we played them we had no rondo and a cold niko... No worries. We got this.
    Last edited by thisisowen; 04-12-2018 at 01:51 PM.

I really have a good feeling about this series. Playoff Rondo was swarming on defense last night; you know he's gonna bring that kind of effort for the playoffs. With Jrue Holiday balling out per usual, I think it's going to help neutralize the Trailblazers dangerous backcourt. And then from there we have a top 3 player in Anthony Davis and I really can see how we can win this series in 6 or even 5. Didn't even mention Mirotic shooting lights out. We're gonna surprise a lot of people

https://www.blazersedge.com/2018/4/1...alysis-preview

If anyone wants to look at the enemy's perspective of this matchup. Thought it was pretty fair

Quote Originally Posted by thisisowen View Post
    The pels will definitely steal one in Portland... we are one of the best road teams. You better believe this team isn't happy about the last time we played them. Our guards and Niko are playing MUCH better ball than the last time we played them. I'm thinking Pels in 5, with them closing it out at home. Last time we played them we had no rondo and a cold niko... No worries. We got this.
    Can't do it at home in 5. Game 5 is @POR. The format is 2-2-1-1-1, not 2-3-2.

Game 1 Sat. April 14 Pelicans at Blazers, 10:30 (ESPN)
    Game 2 Tue. April 17 Pelicans at Blazers, 10:30 (TNT)
    Game 3 Thu. April 19 Blazers at Pelicans, 9 (NBA TV)
    Game 4 Sat. April 21 Blazers at Pelicans, 5 (TNT)
    Game 5* Tue. April 24 Pelicans at Blazers, TBD
    Game 6* Thu. April 26 Blazers at Pelicans, TBD
    Game 7* Sat. April 28 Pelicans at Blazers, TBD
    * if necessary

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Can't do it at home in 5. Game 5 is @POR. The format is 2-2-1-1-1, not 2-3-2.

Game 1 Sat. April 14 Pelicans at Blazers, 10:30 (ESPN)
    Game 2 Tue. April 17 Pelicans at Blazers, 10:30 (TNT)
    Game 3 Thu. April 19 Blazers at Pelicans, 9 (NBA TV)
    Game 4 Sat. April 21 Blazers at Pelicans, 5 (TNT)
    Game 5* Tue. April 24 Pelicans at Blazers, TBD
    Game 6* Thu. April 26 Blazers at Pelicans, TBD
    Game 7* Sat. April 28 Pelicans at Blazers, TBD
    * if necessary
    you right... we do it at home in 6...

I think y’all are underestimating Portland....I. See this in 7 tbh
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    I think y’all are underestimating Portland....I. See this in 7 tbh
    Portland goes as Lillard goes. Pelicans have shown an ability to win when Davis is off. That's including post Cousins.

After Lillard they've got McCollom and then...Napier?

Just need Holiday, Niko, and Rondo to not disappear.
    Last edited by luckyman; 04-12-2018 at 03:37 PM.

Pels in 6. All games by 5 or less points.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Portland goes as Lillard goes. Pelicans have shown an ability to win when Davis is off. That's including post Cousins.

After Lillard they've got McCollom and then...Napier?

Just need Holiday, Niko, and Rondo to not disappear.
    Exactly. AD has to deal with Nurkic, which is fine because he can do that, but it means it increases the pressure on Dame to individually show up. We all know he's clutch, but the fact is that it's hard to be THAT guy for a best of 7 series: we know that, AD couldn't do it last time he made the playoffs. You need other sources, and Portland just doesn't have them. They don't have a Mirotic. They don't have a Clark, or a Moore, who can just drop 20+ at any moment.

Also, it’s gonna come down to who can dictate the pace in the series. During the pels 4 game losing streak, they didn’t push the pace like we were used to seeing. They flipped the switch and got back to that during the 5 game win streak. Playoff pace is slower but there isn’t really a reason why they can’t still push it. If the pels avg over 110 for the series they win it. Portland’s no slouch. They’ll be close every game; I’m so hyped we actually have a shot this time unlike the last 3 times we’ve made it

Y’all have no idea how bad I wish I could fly to Portland this weekend. It’s my favorite city and I even got married there. Lol. Nothing would be more cool than to see our Pels win in the Moda Center, in person. Guess I’ll have to settle for the home games!
    RIP FlyGirl

I don't predict outcomes, too many variables. Having said that I like our chances. Team is focused, and the Rondo effect has the guys relaxed and confident.

Will be 11:30am my time on Sunday when this tips off, I will have beer and popcorn and my AD jersey on, hopefully my step son wants to watch it with me

The Game Thread Starter j_bones's Avatar
    I checked southwest airlines and from my home base (san diego) to portal it's only a $80 dollar flight x 2 (wife included) I might pull the trigger. I caught the Clippers vs. Pelicans game in person as it was only a 2 hours drive for me. Was able to talk to Joel, snap photos and talk to a number of Pelican players. Thanks to the courtside seats on the visitors bench.

Pels in 6 is my prediction.

So tempted to fly out from Australia to see a game.

We need to stay focus and play good defence. I think it Will go for 6 or even 7 games series. 4-2 or 4-3 for Pels. AD need to take us to next round. For his Legacy, he need to play like MVP. Mirotic will be the X-factor.
    Last edited by Creative; 04-13-2018 at 02:10 AM.

So tempted to drive four hours to bring my five 5 year olds (yeah, I have quintuplets) and one 3 year old to a game.

Kidding. That sounds like a nightmare. Maybe in ten years. We'll watch from home.

I'm feeling a little different from you guys. I feel like either we'll be on and we'll win this easy. Five games. Mostly comfortable ones. Or we come out flat and it's over fast. Feeling optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    Y’all have no idea how bad I wish I could fly to Portland this weekend. It’s my favorite city and I even got married there. Lol. Nothing would be more cool than to see our Pels win in the Moda Center, in person. Guess I’ll have to settle for the home games!
    Shoot, I live just a few hours North up 1-5 and I won't be able to make game 1. It's just bad timing. This was the series I wanted specifically because I'm so close to Portland. It's cool though, Tacoma's got a bunch of great dive bars with big TVs. I told the wife this is playoff basketball, so I'm booked on game nights!

Thread Information