Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Pelicans VS Spurs - Let's Go Into The Postseason with Style

So if Portland win do we play Utah????

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    Wait, we are playing the Blazers regardless...If Jazz loses, they drop down to the 5th seed since OKC won.
    No they have the tie breaker against us.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DacS5d3U8AAaLLs.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	109.1 KB 
ID:	6324

This is the graphic I found on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    No they have the tie breaker against us.
    The commentators literally said that if Jazz loses to Portland, then they drop down to the 5th seed because OKC won.

Look on Twitter. Regardless the outcome of the Blazers/Jazz game, we play the Trailblazers.

ok twolves win finally.

Seeding will change, but the matchups will stay the same.
    Last edited by WhyHornetsWhy; 04-11-2018 at 09:52 PM.

Yeah according to the chart I have, if Utah wins, we are 5th seed, and blazers drop to 4th.
    If the blazers win, they will be 3rd seed, and we will be 6th seed.

Either way, we're playing the Blazers.

Being 5th seed sounds cooler though if you ask me.:P

Lmao, Pelicans in 6.

https://stats.nba.com/playoffpicture/

This is where we are if we're 5th. 6th seed drops us into the Warriors area.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    01:50 NOP 116-94
    [NOP 116-94] Miller Jump Shot: Made (7 PTS)
    1:10Jordan Crawford makes 10-foot jumper

Your post came up after the Crawford make so I assumed you were talking about the most recent mid range jumper shot. MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    1:10Jordan Crawford makes 10-foot jumper

Your post came up after the Crawford make so I assumed you were talking about the most recent mid range jumper shot. MB
    No prob

Even though can't watch Cousins destroy Nurkic again, still love the matchup against Portland.

Every time Pelicanidae starts the game day threads it results in a blowout win.

I was just thinking the last shot by Diallo looked really smoothed and was right below being a 3 pointer on the wing. Would love to see Diallo add that corner 3 to his game which would really help his offensive game along with open up the floor. Of course he needs to get that mid range down first but I think this is the offseason to add the 3 pointer into his workout. Maybe not shoot it at all next year depending on quickly how he develops it. He has a very smooth shot and with him it's all going to come down to his motion being more consistent which will come with time and practice repetitions. Can't imagine a better big man for him to model his game after and even workout with on a daily basis than AD. I remember Ryan Anderson saying how going against AD really helped him improve his offensive game learning how to create his shot and avoid it being blocked. I'm sure Diallo gets that same experience going against what would be the toughest defender in the NBA for him everyday. Along with AD having Cousins, Mirotic, and Okafor as well is a huge asset for Diallo. If I could hand pick 4 current NBA players to learn from and model his game after it would be tough to argue against those 4 guys who all offer something different on and off the court. He's a great 4th big to have and is a valuable trade asset.

When you look at the Blazers/Jazz game that's exactly why I would rather play the Jazz. Our kryptonite is scoring guards and the Blazers have 2 of the best. Either team is going to be tough but Lillard scares me. The Jazz have a better 8 with the Blazers being more top heavy. Won't complain though cause I for sure did not want the Rockets and the Pelicans are in the playoffs!!
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 04-11-2018 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    When you look at the Blazers/Jazz game that's exactly why I would rather play the Jazz. Our kryptonite is scoring guards and the Blazers have 2 of the best. Either team is going to be tough but Lillard scares me. The Jazz have a better 8 with the Blazers being more top heavy. Won't complain though cause I for sure did not want the Rockets and the Pelicans are in the playoffs!!
    Jazz killed us all season but we matchup very well with the blazers.

Their guards are gonna have a handful with the Pelicans'.

3/6 winner gets GS...if, IF they get past the 1st round vs. San Antone. I like our chances.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Blazers will be overwhelmed by the PELICANS. We are a much better team than we were just a few weeks ago. Our defense is better our offense is flowing with great ball movement and we HUSTLE like never before.

Niko is in the starting lineup and has been SPECTACULAR every single game since he has been in the starting lineup. Another thing that is being overlooked is having Hill back. Getting Hill on the court definitely helps the defense and he has not scored much but if you watch him carefully his defense is ruining ball movement of our opponents. He also gives Moore and Niko time to rest which is great.... Rondo is the leader of this team. He’s a vicious competitor and knows how to win. We will beat Portland. We will trap their guards and we will create turnovers and Rondo will pick them apart. Portland has very good interior defense so we need to be extremely physical with their big men. We have to take risks and experiment with matchups. Notice how we see Niko guarding shooting guards and SF.... we need to put Jrue on their bigs from time to time. Coach had our guards intentionally defending big men off the ball. Why is that? It was happening tonight as for several possessions Rondo was defending Aldridge.... what was that about? Niko has shown he can guard multiple positions and this makes it incredibly difficult for opponents to get easy open shots. Our guys can defend multiple positions and this is what I think will give us the advantage against Portland. Jrue, Hill, Moore, AD and Niko all show they can guard multiple positions effectively. Portland will need Lillard to beat us. It’s not going to happen. We are going to beat them bad. I predicted our last five wins. I’m not saying we will go to the finals but I do think we will get past Portland and possibly get to WCF.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^^^^^^^^^

Agreed with much of that. If we play the way we know we can, and they play the way they've been playing, this could get ugly for them quick. Pels in 5.
    Basketball.

Game 1 sat at 7:30 local.

Edit it's 9:30 local time. (central)
    Last edited by luckyman; 04-12-2018 at 11:47 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Utah has Rubio & Mitchell & also Ingles moves to SG at times. That's really tough on the Pelicans. They are big and play defense. Rubio is much improved offensively.
    Lillard and CJM are dynamic scorers, but they are small & really have NO desire to play defense at all. Plus- I loathe GOBERTS length. Much rather play Portland.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Utah has Rubio & Mitchell & also Ingles moves to SG at times. That's really tough on the Pelicans. They are big and play defense. Rubio is much improved offensively.
    Lillard and CJM are dynamic scorers, but they are small & really have NO desire to play defense at all. Plus- I loathe GOBERTS length. Much rather play Portland.
    Basically. CJ and Dame will probably average a combined 50ppg over the series, but they'll give it back to whoever wants to take it; I'm pretty sure that if Jrue wanted to drive on literally every play, he could do so and would end up with a startlingly high FG%. I legitimately think Jrue could average 25ppg+ in one on ones VS Lillard.

Utah, on the other hand, aren't going to do that! Rubio and Mitchell might only combine for 35 instead of 50, but you won't be able to score at will against them; and even if you do get by them, Gobert's in the middle and we (of all teams) should understand how much an elite rim protector can cover up for defensive lapses.

Portland want to run and gun, and that's what they'll do; they'll either win by it, or lose by it, but they can be relied upon to try it. Utah actually has options; it can run through Mitchell and perimeter shooting and attempt to blast you out early, or it can use Mitchell's handle for the drive and kick game, or they can kill you with Gobert on the P'n'R, or they can just run to the hoop every time (I don't think they'll be trying that last one on us). Plus, Utah has a very good coach. Competent as Stotts may be, he has nothing on Snyder, and I feel like we'd have a gameplanning disadvantage there. Not to mention the negatives of playing up in Utah instead of Portland, plus the psychological factors of facing a team you constantly lose to vs a team you've already duelled to a finish.

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    that place is packed unlike SKC
    Well, to be fair, that Minnesota fanbase hasn't experienced playoff-like basketball since 2004.

Pelicans had a play in game against the Spurs in '15 and the place was packed for that one. Basically a playoff atmosphere including the t-shirts.

Thread Information