Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans VS Spurs - Let's Go Into The Postseason with Style

If we smack them hard in the 3rd Pop usually calls off the dogs early in the 4th if it's a blow out.

This is a big qtr for us.

So far so good
    Basketball.

Wesley made a great point. The double teams from the 1st half means Aldridge is now going to rush his moves going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    England! I'm one of those international guys. Thanks though, I'll be sure to hold you to that if I'm ever in the US
    I'm 4500 miles in the opposite direction. Hawaii!

Omg. Our defense is absolutely crushing SA right now.

I should have never said anything. Cuz it looks like all that defensive energy has killed our offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Guys whatever happens I love you all!
    He's back!

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Why don't we have a puncher's chance against any team again? I mean, yeah, the Jazz have a favorable matchup in terms of their length...but it's not like we aren't similarly able to play at a very high level.

But that ESPN broadcast they said we wouldn't be favored in any team in this postseason.
    The Jazz really don't scare me. I know they are a good team but imo as are every bit as dangerous if not more when clicking on all cylinders. This offense is tied for the most consecutive games with 120+ points in NBA history and came a few points shy of breaking it. Our defense plays great when they need to step up and I think we see a much more energized defense from us. I just really like how we matchup with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Not really sure I agree entirely with that. If Minnesota makes it, for example, they haven't been in the playoffs in years. OKC went last year, but that team is completely different from this team which has actually had a more tumultuous regular season. If those teams count by virtue of the playoff games individuals on those teams have played, then by that metric we're fine too; Rondo's been to the finals, Clark's been to the finals, Jrue went to the playoffs in Philly, etc.
    OKC is playoff tested and ready. There team is different but it’s different because they added a hall of famer and a one time top 10 player.

I agree with you on the Wolves though. Those guys are so worn out by now that I wouldn’t be surprised if they all broke apart in the playoffs.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pops looks like he doesn't care at all.

Do the Spurs have a better match up if they lose?

You guys talking about playoffs...I am over here biting my nails about this game! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man they are really calling some soft fouls for them

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    You guys talking about playoffs...I am over here biting my nails about this game! Lol

We already in the playoffs.

PLAYOFF RONDOOO! he just does little things to make the game so easy! Just a smart, heady, intelligent PG!

good close out there to the end

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    We already in the playoffs.
    I know that...guess it is hard to see the sarcasm in text. This game is huge for us in seeding.

Interesting that we haven't seen many lineups with Cheick or Okafor. Think the 7 man lineup is what we roll with for the playoffs (Playoff Rondo, Jrue, Moore, 3Kola, AD; Hill and Clark)

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    The Jazz really don't scare me. I know they are a good team but imo as are every bit as dangerous if not more when clicking on all cylinders. This offense is tied for the most consecutive games with 120+ points in NBA history and came a few points shy of breaking it. Our defense plays great when they need to step up and I think we see a much more energized defense from us. I just really like how we matchup with them.
    We were 1-3 vs them this season, and if we are warming up they are sizzling. That’s why nobody wants to face the Jazz. Them boys are real. Snyder is the real deal, Gobert is the DPOY, and Mitchell has that Dwayne Wade style about him. If they aren’t for real this year than I don’t know what real is anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    We were 1-3 vs them this season, and if we are warming up they are sizzling. That’s why nobody wants to face the Jazz. Them boys are real. Snyder is the real deal, Gobert is the DPOY, and Mitchell has that Dwayne Wade style about him. If they aren’t for real this year than I don’t know what real is anymore.
    Mostly agreed. Gobert isn't DPOY tho.

So it looks like we will be playing the Blazers. That is a team I feel we can give some problems with AD and Mirotic. Lillard just really scares me and if CJ is going that team is really tough. I personally would rather the Jazz but this team can no doubt beat Portland.

Quote Originally Posted by kidjock24 View Post
    Interesting that we haven't seen many lineups with Cheick or Okafor. Think the 7 man lineup is what we roll with for the playoffs (Playoff Rondo, Jrue, Moore, 3Kola, AD; Hill and Clark)
    I think that it all depends on the matchups.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    So it looks like we will be playing the Blazers. That is a team I feel we can give some problems with AD and Mirotic. Lillard just really scares me and if CJ is going that team is really tough. I personally would rather the Jazz but this team can no doubt beat Portland.
    Yeah, give me the Blazers any day over the Jazz.

AD was about to murder a bish if he didn't get that call

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Yeah, give me the Blazers any day over the Jazz.
    Me too.

We have a solid chance in the playoffs
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Thread Information