Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mirotic trade was BEST move Demps has made.....

Mirotic trade was BEST move Demps has made.....

He continues to produce...every night. Best in season trade for a role player I can remember in a long time. Extend Gentry & Demps now!! They have this team fine tuned. Rondo was HUGE add.

Man what a difference 4 games make with fans.

I just like his effort, rebounding, and range....we space floor well with him, Rondo, AD, Jrue, and Moore.

For what we had to give up, I feel Demps made best trades/moves he could. Especially after Cousins horribly timed injury.. .

I'm man enough to eat crow when I have too...

I was a very vocal opponent of this move...I criticized it as desperate and truly saw it as terrible a move as I've ever seen from Demps. I compared it to the Omer Asik trade and believed it would be nothing but a hindrance to getting Boogie back in the franchise.

But it's been anything but all those bad things. Niko has turned out to be a very formidable player next to AD and has proven himself worthy of being the second option in a very short amount of time and though it took him a little while to get there....a little while that I beat my chest and screamed my voice it to anyone who'd listen about how right I was the whole time.....until he was putting up 20 and 10 with ease, having his success infect the others and see Jrue holiday settle back into his 3rd scorers role and seeing Clark come In and be a baller as well as if having Niko out there to shoot it took some pressure off him to be one of the true shooters we have and seeing as it's not that many....to watch their success walk hand in hand and then seeing it reflect in the win column...Leading us to be the likely owners of the 5 seed which I believed to be a best case even when Boogie was healthy....Made me have to go back and give the true praise that Demps deserves. His picking up Okafor as well couldn't have worked out better too....To get a guy off the street with major history of injury and poor play overall for the last few years so much so he was in the street clothes blues for a while....to get him and have faith in that player to be a factor the ways he can be again...rim defense and rebinding. High basketball IQ. All building up to getting to watch this team and have a lot of fun so much so that this season was the first time since the 08 number 2 seed year with CP3 being who should've gotten the MVP and watching a team I knew wasn't going to win on a nightly basis.

This was a special year. And it was all because Dell Demps pulled off moves that all led to this outcome. And the strife he had to work through with boogie going down was what made it truly epic. ..many GMs would've just packed it in and okayed for the next year. Demps went into it with some true balls and he deserves every bit of the credit that is out there to be had.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post

This
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    LMFAO for real.

TBH, 3ko started amazingly with us, had that horrible lull now is beasting again. So it's not just 4 games

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    TBH, 3ko started amazingly with us, had that horrible lull now is beasting again. So it's not just 4 games
    he's referring to the 4 game winning streak

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    he's referring to the 4 game winning streak
    Sorry is your name Mythrol?

I called it when we played the Bulls a week or two before the trade. Demps reads this board for ideas confirmed

Sorry is your name Mythrol?
    I thought my comment was pretty obvious and didn't need explaining but he is correct.

4 games ago every player under the sun was terrible and the entire coaching staff should be fired.

Now suddenly almost every player is awesome again and Gentry actually is good

Is this a broken clock, or a coach and gm finding their way? Find out next season on “The Pels of our life.”
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Just wait for the playoffs.

Pelicanfan Maniacal Syndrome.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    Just wait for the playoffs.

Pelicanfan Maniacal Syndrome.
    You mean maniacal laughter, when we sweep the West without a single loss en route to an epic finals which grants us a ring?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    You mean maniacal laughter, when we sweep the West without a single loss en route to an epic finals which grants us a ring?
    You do know that if we were to get a ring, every fan of every team in the entire league would say it was rigged because Tom Benson died. They all hate us.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    While turning the NBA on it's head and flipping off the entire media that counted us out after boogie

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    You do know that if we were to get a ring, every fan of every team in the entire league would say it was rigged because Tom Benson died. They all hate us.
    If this were a 1 game, winner take all situation, then yeah I could see fans claiming that. But in a 7 game series that couldn't be pulled off. It would take monster games by AD and he would get the credit.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    It works out because I hate basically all of them. So I don't care. If the Warriors don't get an asterisk for their first ring based on not playing a single healthy team the entire playoffs, then we don't get an asterisk for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    seriously!? Are you a 4 year old who can't put 2 and 2 together? Or, are you a roid rager? Whichever, F#%@ off!
    Calm down champ geesus

I think the rotation will be even better next year with Boogie which means Solo will have to go an I certainly hope we keep Moore, he's been a great role player.

I agree that boogie and especially mirotic make solo irrelevant next season. Even if he is 100%

Calm down champ geesus
    Relax, Francis

I miss Champ.

Thread Information