Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mirotic trade was BEST move Demps has made.....

Don't forget that he also got rid of Asik's contract.... This move was magic!

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    I agree that boogie and especially mirotic make solo irrelevant next season. Even if he is 100%
    Not at all. A healthy solo being able to guard the best big wing so Jrue doesn't have to is a huge asset.

What Mirotic does is make it where we don't have to play Cousins and AD 40mpg next season.

Going into next season I actually like our bigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Not at all. A healthy solo being able to guard the best big wing so Jrue doesn't have to is a huge asset.

What Mirotic does is make it where we don't have to play Cousins and AD 40mpg next season.

Going into next season I actually like our bigs.
    Yes I'm really hoping we can bring back the whole team and make the adjustments before the deadline.

Love to get Rondo (which will happen) and Clark back next season.

The team is set. If the top 8 or 9 players can just avoid catastrophic injury...

It has to happen one of these years.

We need to flex/buy out Ajinca.

We need solo to develop an offense to be worth bringing back.

We need solo to develop an offense to be worth bringing back.
    He's virtually immovable because the only teams with the room to take him on are rebuilding teams who would have no need for him. He would be useful to a contender but they're all virtually capped out.

That's how I see it

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    He's virtually immovable because the only teams with the room to take him on are rebuilding teams who would have no need for him. He would be useful to a contender but they're all virtually capped out.

That's how I see it
    Don’t worry about Hill. Watch him in the playoffs. He’s going to change your mind. He will be a major help on defense and we will be so hard to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's how I see it
    If you can trade Asik, you can trade Solo.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    exactly!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    This trade. Wow.

great production lately on this trade, if we can get rid of AA the same way, that would be awesome.

But you'll be attaching more assets

But you'll be attaching more assets
    This isn't something I care about right now, at all.

This isn't something I care about right now, at all.
    Fair enough

yea I was wrong. Even if Niko retires tomorrow he's already done more than the pick he was traded for plus Asik's dead weight was worth. Getting to this close to the 2nd round is worth more to me than an end of the lottery pick and Niko is really the difference.

He's still going to be REALLY difficult to keep beyond next season though but we'll cross that road when we get there.
    Last edited by Pelifan; 04-19-2018 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    yea I was wrong. Even if Niko retires tomorrow he's already done more than the pick he was traded for plus Asik's dead weight was worth. Getting to this close to the 2nd round is worth more to me than an end of the lottery pick and Niko is really the difference.

He's still going to be REALLY difficult to keep beyond next season though but we'll cross that road when we get there.
    Yep, that 2019-2020 season is going to be a cap NIGHTMARE, especially if we have to pay repeater tax. You have had to move Solo

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post

My concern has now moved to the "is he playing too well and will now opt out of his contract?" stage...

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    My concern has now moved to the "is he playing too well and will now opt out of his contract?" stage...
    He cannot opt out. It was a team option that we picked up at the time of the trade.

He cannot opt out. It was a team option that we picked up at the time of the trade.
    Of course, that was the alleged hold up on the trade...in that case...

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    Of course, that was the alleged hold up on the trade...in that case...
    Yep yep!

Yep yep!
    I don't know how this works, but is it possible to extend him?

I still say we move on from ajinca and hill and try to sign Mirotic to a short yet good deal. Hill will never be 13mil good.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    I don't know how this works, but is it possible to extend him?
    Yep. Totally would be. I don't know how likely with how our cap is but we definitely could.

I still say we move on from ajinca and hill and try to sign Mirotic to a short yet good deal. Hill will never be 13mil good.
    We still have Mirotic on a deal for next year.

Thread Information