Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans vs Clippers game thread

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Holiday is a freaking beast!! Leads the NBA in blocked shots for players under 6'5 and he leads it by like 25 or something crazy. No his offense isn't Damian Lillard and yes I would take Lillard over Jrue obviously.. What Jrue being is a solid and consistent 20 ppg scorer who can light it up at times while having some duds like even MJ. No doubt Jrue is hands down one of the best 2 way guards in the NBA and maybe the best.

Jrues value is so under rated nationally with very little respect similar to Kawhi Leonard until his performance in the playoffs against Lebron James where he took his game and name to the next level. Jrue will have his chance to now get on a national stage with serious attention and get his name out there like potentially as Leonard did. Won't be the same exposure unless we win a ring obviously but Jrues performance could really get his respect more in the media which then gets around to the fans.
    I don't even think I'd take Lillard over Jrue tbh.

Obviously in a vacuum I would, but not for this team. Lillard would take our offense up another notch, but we're already a top 10 offense and have been all season. By contrast, when Jrue sits we're a bottom rung defensive team. Just awful, one of the absolute worst, and Lillard would do little to nothing in order to fix that.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    Just want to point out who the jinx is.
    I was here all 48 minutes of each of the last three wins! You can't blame me man

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I don't even think I'd take Lillard over Jrue tbh.

Obviously in a vacuum I would, but not for this team. Lillard would take our offense up another notch, but we're already a top 10 offense and have been all season. By contrast, when Jrue sits we're a bottom rung defensive team. Just awful, one of the absolute worst, and Lillard would do little to nothing in order to fix that.
    We have won more than a few games this year off of Jrue's 4th qtr defense.

I can see the argument you are making.

when sindarius thornwell is thoroughly dominating your highest paid player, you do not deserve to sniff the playoffs honestly

THe clippers are playing harder
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    when sindarius thornwell is thoroughly dominating your highest paid player, you do not deserve to sniff the playoffs honestly
    Why do I even open your posts to read this nonsense?

THREEKOLA

Playing much harder on defense

Moore you da reel MVP. Playing so well

3ko!

Omg Jrue is amazing. Asked to guard Tobias while giving up probably 30 pounds and 4 inches.....

Gets a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Omg Jrue is amazing. Asked to guard Tobias while giving up probably 30 pounds and 4 inches.....

Gets a steal.
    That's called All-Defensive First Team.

if jrue doesnt get 1st team all defense, the nba is a joke

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar

Gets a steal.
    AD is getting butchered ! 4 inches.??sheeeeeet Harris is 6'9"

They're aggravating AD. I don't like how erratic he is getting. Stay safe in this one.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

When we play hard on defense we are tough to beat . We really clamped down the last 3 minutes of the quarter

Well we took the Clippers punch and came out the other side with an even bigger lead.

That was a really key sequence.

I said Moore was the real MVP but Jrue is the real real MVP. Realizing that potential. What a player

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    I say NORELCO is the MVP

Maybe the real MVP was the friends we made along the way.

Jrue just went to another level on D in the last few mins! He disrupted or get a steal in the last 5 possessions! Guy is SOO underrated! Just imagin if Jrue got the 10 FGs or more a game that harden, Lebron, Westbrook, Durant. Get!

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Well we took the Clippers punch and came out the other side with an even bigger lead.

That was a really key sequence.
    A very playoff-worthy response. So impressed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

People will look at Jrue's 6 points and think, "geez overpaid" when really he's probably been the best guy on the court so far.

People will look at Jrue's 6 points and think, "geez overpaid" when really he's probably been the best guy on the court so far.
    What are you talking about, literally the only thing that matters in the entire world is scoring. That's literally it. Every MVP should go to the leagues leading scorer, every player of the month should go to the month's leading scorer, and the top ten players in NBA history should just be the top ten all time scorers in that order.

Obviously

If he can disrupt the elite in the playoffs, no one will underrate him, and we would have a huge chance.

The last 3 minutes is what separates us from the 4-9 teams. We can put on a run offensively and defensively and turn the game around. Dont think they will keep that intensity the full game on a team that is tanking, but we can when we need to and will put this team away.

Thread Information