Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans vs Clippers game thread

Pelicans Pelicans vs Clippers game thread

So excited for this game I had to start the thread. What our seeding will be is one thing but making the playoffs is everything. We get this win and we are in. With Lou Williams out we have no business losing this game. Go PELS!!

EDIT: Clippers Players Out - Williams, Rivers, Gallinari, Bradley, Beverley, Teodosic, and Evans
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 04-09-2018 at 04:40 PM.

Thanks you! I was looking for one of these. Looks like a lot of their guys are out tonight. I even saw where DJ was thinking about sitting. Let's get this win and clinch a PLAYOFF BERTH!!!

Via @ClipsNationSBN Lou Williams and Austin Rivers will not play tonight. They are joined by five other scratches, including Gallinari, Bradley, Beverley, Teodosic, Evans.
    Last edited by msw2024; 04-09-2018 at 04:14 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    Thanks you! I was looking for one of these. Looks like a lot of their guys are out tonight. I even saw where DJ was thinking about sitting. Let's get this win and clinch a PLAYOFF BERTH!!!

Via @ClipsNationSBN Lou Williams and Austin Rivers will not play tonight. They are joined by five other scratches, including Gallinari, Bradley, Beverley, Teodosic, Evans.
    I don't understand the DJ non-scratch . Why would he play, when he is hitting the FA market, looking for that 1 more big contract & also playing on a bad wheel for a month? Well, if he plays, I certainly don't see him going out of his way to beat anyone to the ball.

Thanks for the update I didn't realize that many people were out. Montrezl Harrell can look like Shaq again and we should still be fine haha! They still have some good players like Tobias and DJ playing as of now but that doesn't scare me at all. They would need career nights from players like Thornwell, Wallace, Dekker, and Marjanovic. So yea I fell pretty good about tonight. Wouldn't hurt to get out guys some rest if we can get a nice lead on the Clippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    I don't understand the DJ non-scratch . Why would he play, when he is hitting the FA market, looking for that 1 more big contract & also playing on a bad wheel for a month? Well, if he plays, I certainly don't see him going out of his way to beat anyone to the ball.
    I agree...I hope he sits...No reason for him to play with no playoffs. I just saw where Doc Rivers was trying to talk him into playing...So I assume he doesn't want to play. Really hoping he doesn't play. Maybe we can get a large lead and some guys can rest for the Spurs.

I agree...I hope he sits...No reason for him to play with no playoffs. I just saw where Doc Rivers was trying to talk him into playing...So I assume he doesn't want to play. Really hoping he doesn't play. Maybe we can get a large lead and some guys can rest for the Spurs.
    Shoot, I almost hope he does play if Doc has to talk him into it. I can't imagine him being Charlie Hustle .

Tickets on ticketmaster are going for $5.00 for the Clips game tonite.

youre not a member of the commonwealth lol

Virginia

Tickets on ticketmaster are going for $5.00 for the Clips game tonite.
    So ticket price actually went up for one of their games!!?!?! Whoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    So ticket price actually went up for one of their games!!?!?! Whoa.
    OUTRAGEOUS! This is why scalpers are scum . Charging a folks that kinda money. Putrid.

Virginia
    hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    hahaha
    I don't even think Va is considered part of the 50 or so Commonwealths. How rotten is that?

youre not a member of the commonwealth lol
    I approve of it, I'm pretty sure AusPel will grant approval too. It'll work.
    Basketball.

in all seriousness we are 8.5pt favorites tonight. lets get this W

Portland, Memphis and Miami can help us tonight

in all seriousness we are 8.5pt favorites tonight. lets get this W
    If they lose tonight, I think fans will go into toxic shock momentarily. Get the feel that fans are considering this game as a foregone conclusion.

If they lose tonight, I think fans will go into toxic shock momentarily. Get the feel that fans are considering this game as a foregone conclusion.
    Justifiably.

I mean, anything can happen but a rolling playoff team who's coming off beating Golden State fighting for their playoff spot definitely SHOULD steamroll a Clippers team that is already out of the playoffs and isn't even bothering to play half their team.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Justifiably.

I mean, anything can happen but a rolling playoff team who's coming off beating Golden State fighting for their playoff spot definitely SHOULD steamroll a Clippers team that is already out of the playoffs and isn't even bothering to play half their team.
    I don't believe in gut feelings , but I agree. I have this gut feeling that Pels are gonna steamroll LAC. Rondoooooo affect!

Thunder, TWolves, Spurs, and Nuggets can all potentially lose tonight. That would be one great night! Seems like every night we need to lose for the past couple weeks somehow pulls out a W. Good thing we didn't drop 1 more game and played well when we needed the win as well. Give us some help for once basketball gods!!
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 04-09-2018 at 07:38 PM.

Just have the starters in long enough to keep the hot streaks going.

My how the Clippers have fallen.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Heat and griz are winning so far - still early days though

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Thunder, TWolves, Spurs, and Nuggets can all potentially lose tonight. That would be one great night!
    I hope so, but I think it's less than 10% chance Spurs and Minny lose.

Didn't even know it started at 930 awesome well I'm going to be pretty drunk lmao

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    I hope so, but I think it's less than 10% chance Spurs and Minny lose.
    You are right! Once again every single team we need to lose starts off losing then ends up with the W!

Thread Information