Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lou Williams not playing Monday vs Pels

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Let's get Utah to 3rd & then we can play Portland. I don't want to see Utah. I'd rather play Houston.
    Utah closes the season at POR. A win would mean they win the season series. So if Utah wins out, they're the #3 seed. Question is, would Utah rather face Houston or GSW in the second round? They may not want to be 3rd seed.

Stress ? All I did was LOL. The word TIP struck my funny bone, that's all. No stress, I appreciate 23 sending along info. Lordy. , In texting, you mustn't take at personal value since typed words can't be accentuated in any way.
    eh you had the guy feeling he needed to justify his post when there really was no need all because he used the word tip. he didn't say a pelicans insider gave him it. it really wasn't that funny to justify a double lol, just made it feel obnoxious. one could argue that the overuse of punctuation and acronyms provides plenty of accentuation on typed words.

Tip? Lol.
    Tip?? Lolol!

would you read those two the same way? not saying it was intended, just providing insight into how I read it. I said don't stress it, because he then went on to post the how and why behind his original post, when I felt he didn't need to. happy to move along here.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    eh you had the guy feeling he needed to justify his post when there really was no need all because he used the word tip. he didn't say a pelicans insider gave him it. it really wasn't that funny to justify a double lol, just made it feel obnoxious. one could argue that the overuse of punctuation and acronyms provides plenty of accentuation on typed words.

Tip? Lol.
    Tip?? Lolol!

would you read those two the same way? not saying it was intended, just providing insight into how I read it. I said don't stress it, because he then went on to post the how and why behind his original post, when I felt he didn't need to. happy to move along here.
    Didn't seem to hurt anyone's feelings, but yours ! So, I apologize that you are thin skinned billfromfinance , while acting as a psychoanalyst by providing insight as to how you think someone else feels. Lighten up Francis ! BTW, that back and forth happens like 6 years ago in forum time. Good Lord. Borrow someone's Xanax.

Didn't seem to hurt anyone's feelings, but yours ! So, I apologize that you are thin skinned billfromfinance , while acting as a psychoanalyst by providing insight as to how you think someone else feels. Lighten up Francis ! BTW, that back and forth happens like 6 years ago in forum time. Good Lord. Borrow someone's Xanax.
    Please continue to show us all how much of a mature and calm human being you are.

Please continue to show us all how much of a mature and calm human being you are.
    Mate. Everyone had moved on and forgot about it! Except you .

Williams is listed as doubtful for Monday's game against the Pelicans with a sprained right ankle, Brad Turner of the Los Angeles Times reports
    Also Rivers is listed as questionable and off course Gallinari is out.

Playoffs is Just around the corner...

Honestly tinman, it rubbed me the wrong way, too. And obviously the OP from his replies. And I actually do have a license to diagnose that. Hahaha.

But for real. People only forgot about it because AussiePel started on his weird soapbox against something silly as well. I came close to making a post saying something along the lines of how those two posts do a lot to bring a board down some levels but then figured it was better just to ignore the immaturity.

And then here I am.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

What weird soapbox?

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    Honestly tinman, it rubbed me the wrong way, too. And obviously the OP from his replies. And I actually do have a license to diagnose that. Hahaha.

But for real. People only forgot about it because AussiePel started on his weird soapbox against something silly as well. I came close to making a post saying something along the lines of how those two posts do a lot to bring a board down some levels but then figured it was better just to ignore the immaturity.

And then here I am.
    Sorry this has hurt so many feelings on a board Filled with such Irony. Sousaphone, you have engaged in conversations that have been quite volatile, while basically demeaning the person that your are confronting. For a basically mundane post that really had no in depth meaning to it at all,it seems that those who like to do the trash talking have taken upon themselves to analyze a post & create their own interpretation of it & equte that to “What I meant”, & “how everyone else is supposed to feel about it”.Be that as it may,,even if the post was how the 2 of you have Deemed it to be. All the does, is makes the both of you—>Hipocrites. Not sure that either of you two should be the “Manners Police”

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Nice

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Nice
    Note: Sousaphone chides my actions, then claims to have a license to diagnose (which, even if he did, I know of ZERO competent whatever he claims to be) would diagnose based on a few post on Pelicansreport . & of The Piece de Resistance - He then INSULTS Auspel. Now that my friends is IRONY.

The only person who has made it a bigger deal than it needed to be was you. You're still making a big deal of it. Feel free to continue to play the victim game. I tried to share with you some insight into how I took your post, you proceeded to jump in the deep end without suitable support. You replied to me by calling me thin skinned, sarcastic comments on diagnosing you, stating i needed to take a Xanax. Multiple posts about irony, manners police (despite the fact I haven't claimed to be) when it all would have been far simpler to just say "apologies if that came across rudely, it was not my intent". Or even "I don't care what you think". Personally I haven't taken offense to anything you have said at me, nor has it ever made me upset. Time to move along already, clearly it was all for nothing.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The only person who has made it a bigger deal than it needed to be was you. You're still making a big deal of it. Feel free to continue to play the victim game. I tried to share with you some insight into how I took your post, you proceeded to jump in the deep end without suitable support. You replied to me by calling me thin skinned, sarcastic comments on diagnosing you, stating i needed to take a Xanax. Multiple posts about irony, manners police (despite the fact I haven't claimed to be) when it all would have been far simpler to just say "apologies if that came across rudely, it was not my intent". Or even "I don't care what you think". Personally I haven't taken offense to anything you have said at me, nor has it ever made me upset. Time to move along already, clearly it was all for nothing.

You so funny. You butt in, I respond ! Dr. Sousaphone chimes in, I respond & that equates to Me? How rich. So, now that your super long soliliquy is over. If you would just take your faux outrage somewhere else, Trust me, I would really, really, really have no desire to converse with you . I double dare you to just MOVE ON. Won't happen, you need to scratch that itch. You keep poking & the pokee is the aggressor. Huh! Deflection is a wonderful thing isn't it? So, since I am the one making the big deal of (wait, what was it again), I'm assuming you should have no reason to engage any longer in this conversation! Right? Lol.

This is great stuff...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking your feeling should be truly hurt & you should empathy for AusPel , because Dr.Sousaphone mocked him. So funny, who cares? Nobody. Not even AusPel.

What is happening

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    What is happening
    Well, that depends .

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    1 of those teams is the No. 1 seed in the east, 2 others are playoff teams.

If those were "should wins" then you should probably recalibrate expectations. All good teams lose games they "shouldn't". San Antonio literally just lost to the Lakers last week.
    Doesn't matter. All of those were home games and the one on the road was against the worst team in the league. Pretty sure they were favored in all those games and Washington was without Wall.

Didn't say they can't win. They just lost my trust a long time ago.
    Last edited by luckyman; 04-09-2018 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Doesn't matter. All of those were home games and the one on the road was against the worst team in the league. Pretty sure they were favored in all those games and Washington was without Wall.

Didn't say they can't win. They just lost my trust a long time ago.
    We weren't favored against Washington without AD for sure. Also, I think someone posted that we have one of the best records against sub 500 teams in the league since January.

Still, fair enough if that's your take.

Thread Information