Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2 more years of Hill at 13 mil a year

Everyone thought that Tim Duncan would leave SA for Orlando and form a super team with McGrady and Grant Hill...and that didn’t happen. There’s something in the water up there in SA.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Legitimately think Liggins is a better player.
    Really? I can not find one ounce of statistical evidence to even make an argument. Liggins probably won't even be on the team next year. What would make you believe he is better than Hill?
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    I'm not on the trade Hill bandwagon, but with all the grumbling in SA about KL, how about EM and Hill plus any draft picks they want for him. Works on trade machine, and SA seems to believe he is gone after this year anyway
    Do you think that's remotely in the ballpark of what other teams will offer?

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    Don't know, but SA is in a bad spot, wherever he goes it is a one year rental unless he wants to be there

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    We're going to need to offer Jrue or Cousins to have a legit shot. And I'm tempted to make that move. Does depend on what Frank Jackson recovers and shows he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    We're going to need to offer Jrue or Cousins to have a legit shot. And I'm tempted to make that move. Does depend on what Frank Jackson recovers and shows he can do.
    Can't really offer Cousins since he isn't under contract. It would have to be as part of a sign and trade and I doubt we ever would.

As far as offering Jrue I don't disagree with it but I am super worried that Leonard wants to go to a big market and we will have basically traded away Jrue under contract for 4 more years for a 1 year rental. I'd probably need some type of insurance from Leonard.

What about one of the SF from Boston? They have Hayward,Tatum,and Morris. I'm sure they would part with at least 1

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    What about one of the SF from Boston? They have Hayward,Tatum,and Morris. I'm sure they would part with at least 1
    Morris is more of a 4/3, Hayward is a long-term piece, and Tatum/Brown would cost a ransom.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    None of them could be had for Hill, filler, and a late round 1st.

Im just glad we have Mirotic for another year
    SIGN A SF

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Hill should not be on the floor this season.

Basketball Guru
    Come on y'all,,,hill get a pass this season...some of y'all forgot how soild hill was before he got hurt......dude don't have 20 games to get into game shape,,he has to do it playoff time so anything positive hill does is a plus.......

Hill had two huge plays on defense to end the 1st half that lead to back to back 3s which kept the game close. That was just a taste of what his defense does once he gets healthy.

You would think after all of these over reaction threads during the season that fans would have learned to be patient but it seems some are still struggling with it.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 04-18-2018 at 09:09 AM.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    The time to be patient is not in the playoffs. two HUGE plays huh? Let him fully recover and get back in shape. You don't bring a guy back of that devastating of an injury during a playoff run.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    The time to be patient is not in the playoffs. two HUGE plays huh? Let him fully recover and get back in shape. You don't bring a guy back of that devastating of an injury during a playoff run.
    You do when you have no other options.

Miller and anyone else we've given minutes to at that position have looked just as bad as Hill this series. At least Hill had some clutch defensive plays.

I just don't understand what gives Pels fans the right to criticize what Gentry is doing after we just got a 2-0 series lead by winning two away games. I thought maybe just once fans would learn their lesson and just chill a bit on throwing shade at the team but no, of course not. Everyone that was complaining about Jrue moved over to Mirotic, then once he started playing well they've focused their energy on Hill now.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 04-18-2018 at 10:40 AM.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    you don't!? We have and he has looked more comfortable as the series continues. Mythrol made a great observation about the end of the first half with his great D. Fire Gentry!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Hill had two huge plays on defense to end the 1st half that lead to back to back 3s which kept the game close. That was just a taste of what his defense does once he gets healthy.

You would think after all of these over reaction threads during the season that fans would have learned to be patient but it seems some are still struggling with it.
    This!!

Thread Information