Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Playoff Lineup Idea (assuming Clark plays)

Playoff Lineup Idea (assuming Clark plays)

starters

Rondo
    Jrue
    Moore
    Nico
    AD

Bench

Clark (6)
    Grits (8)
    Miller (7)
    Hill (9)
    Diallo (10)

Deep Bench

Okafor
    Liggins
    Cook

boogie and Jackson + this lineup next season is seriously a title contender. this reminds me of the year okc lost to the lakers in the first round but everyone knew the next year they would make noise. we are making noise this year...

And we just won't play Radmanoovic? Joel will be furious.

I kid.

I like it. Depends on who we play, though. We really need Hill to step it up so he can guard some of the better starting SFs we may face.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

I agree it all changes for matchups, I was more or less handicapping our "best" lineup.

hill should focus on defense, assists, rebounds and dunks.

This team is so far from a "title contender".
    Trade Moore and Hill to be able to add a Paul George or Evan Fournier then it will be.

This team needs a guard or wing who can create their own shot.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    This team is so far from a "title contender".
    Trade Moore and Hill to be able to add a Paul George or Evan Fournier then it will be.

This team needs a guard or wing who can create their own shot.
    Yep. Like the opposite of Hill

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Yep. Like the opposite of Hill
    And Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    And Moore.
    Moore can still create shots in the lane though off the cut, got one of the best floaters in the league. That's still a skill. Hill has almost Asik levels of badness around the rim

I think I'd switch Moore and Miller, but it's a very mild suggestion. My reasoning is that Crawford is so bad on defense that you need better defenders around him and Clark, Moore, and Solo can actually cover for him. But I'd have to see the stats on Moore's impact on the 1st unit over the 2nd unit, because with Moore on the 1st unit, we'd obviously be much more potent.

And I think Moore is a solid player that is being asked to play a lot and play out of position. I bet if he moved to full time SG, he'd be a steal at his contract. I think the desire for Fournier is more hype at this point. Because if you look at his advanced stats compared to Moore, they are actually pretty similar. Moore's defense believe it or not closes the gap for Fournier's superior offense. Also Fournier's usage is 23.3 vs Moore at 16.1 and I think we need a lower usage guy for this team. Not to mention, as AusPel pointed out, he's starting to create shots in the lane that hit at a very high percentage. Not saying Fournier can't, but why go after a guy that makes twice as much, hasn't yet developed chemistry in this locker room and in this offense, that basically does the same thing as Moore but plays worse defense and shoots a lower FG% and 3pt%? The only thing Fournier has over Moore is more PPG (he's a major part of Orlando's offense) and a slightly higher PER. Fool's gold imo.
    Last edited by deiondeion; 04-09-2018 at 09:01 AM.

Moore can still create shots in the lane though off the cut, got one of the best floaters in the league. That's still a skill. Hill has almost Asik levels of badness around the rim
    I think Moore's general inconsistency and being played completely out of position for 90% of the season has garnered him a lot of unwarranted hate. His floater, as you point out, is top top level. Very few people with anything comparable, and his 43% 3pt shooting has really been like finding sunken treasure. Several games this year that we would have lost comfortably if not for him showing up.
    Basketball.

Moore seems like a great 3rd guard. He's just been playing as a starting small forward.

Very curious to see what the Pels do next year. This team + Boogie is very dangerous. Add a legitimate starting SF to the mix and it's one to be feared.

As a side note, if you had told me this was a 48 win team at the start of the season I would have been thrilled. To be staring at that without Boogie for half the year is very impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Moore has had a solid season imo, especially when considering that he has logged a lot of minutes at the 3. The floater and 3 point shot have been an asset to the team this year. Let's give credit where credit is due!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    Moore has had a solid season imo, especially when considering that he has logged a lot of minutes at the 3. The floater and 3 point shot have been an asset to the team this year. Let's give credit where credit is due!
    Moore would be a great back-up. Would not only help him, but it would allow Jrue to NOT have to guard SF's all of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Moore would be a great back-up. Would not only help him, but it would allow Jrue to NOT have to guard SF's all of the time.
    I thought Solo was gonna guard threes when back but I still saw Jrue having to guard Durant a lot last game

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    yeah, Moore as sixth or seventh man is his ideal role

I thought Solo was gonna guard threes when back but I still saw Jrue having to guard Durant a lot last game
    That's why it's hard to come down hard on Jrue, because , whew, he has to guard monsters out there. & they put him on an island. Then he's asked to take over the scoring when AD is on the bench.

That's why it's hard to come down hard on Jrue, because , whew, he has to guard monsters out there. & they put him on an island. Then he's asked to take over the scoring when AD is on the bench.
    What's more impressive than him being asked to do it, is that, by and large, Jrue's done it. People talking about how he doesn't deserve his contract, but this man's been 20ppg and first team all-defense. Can't question that.

We will not run with a 10 player rotation in the playoffs. Expect 8 players unless we get injured.

Look at the Warriors game for a template. 8 players player. AD, Mirotic, Jrue all at or close to 40 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    We will not run with a 10 player rotation in the playoffs. Expect 8 players unless we get injured.

Look at the Warriors game for a template. 8 players player. AD, Mirotic, Jrue all at or close to 40 minutes.
    Almost every team shrinks their rotation in the playoffs, so you're right that we probably will too.

Rondo, Jrue, Moore, Mirotic, AD, Miller, and Clark are the only guys guaranteed minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Almost every team shrinks their rotation in the playoffs, so you're right that we probably will too.

Rondo, Jrue, Moore, Mirotic, AD, Miller, and Clark are the only guys guaranteed minutes.
    Hill will have to see minutes. You can't have Nico with 6'4--6'3"--6'3" & 6'1" . I don't think That's gonna fly.
    Last edited by Tinman; 04-09-2018 at 02:34 PM.

I think that's the goal eventually. But solo still is just returning.

I think that's the goal eventually. But solo still is just returning.
    Although Solo may not be able to guard the Upper echelon of basketball players yet. (Durant ), he can still guard height. Feel better with him guarding Ingles than any of our munchkins .

Because Solo is somewhat back, I would move Miller to start and let Moore in at 6 min mark for Rondo, at 2 min Rondo for Jrue, Solo for Miller, Diallo or OAK for Nico. START second Nico for AD THEN NORMAL ROTATION depending on fouls and matchups.

Although Solo may not be able to guard the Upper echelon of basketball players yet. (Durant ), he can still guard height. Feel better with him guarding Ingles than any of our munchkins .
    I don't necessarily disagree. Though I do think Jrue has done an amazing job guarding bigger guys this season.

We are without a doubt better with Solomon playing well than without him.

I don't necessarily disagree. Though I do think Jrue has done an amazing job guarding bigger guys this season.

We are without a doubt better with Solomon playing well than without him.
    Oh, I think Jrue does an admirable job guarding +3-6 inches. But, it's got to take a toll as far as energy , especially offensively.

and he was 6/6 with 15pts and 7 assists in a crucial back-to-back game after having a horrible first game. every time I am critical of Moore he has another memorable game. Moore deserves to start but we may need to start Solo or Miller for defensive purposes. worst case scenario is a guy off the bench may get us 20 semi-consistently. and statistically he is slightly better off the bench shooting.

Thread Information