Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Pels @ GSW 4/7

Pels @ GSW 4/7

Took care of formalities, now it gets really real.

Win this game and we take a lot of pressure off ourselves to make the playoffs.

Lose and nothing less than 2 wins of our last 2 will see us through.

Win and we regain a little margin for error. The time is now.

Geaux Pels.

Such a huge night all around too. Would love it if SA loses to Portland, OKC to Rockettes, Den to LAC. Would give us 1 game of breathing room with the tie-breakers and we could seal up the 5 seed with only a win against SA in the last two I think. Still a lot of scenarios but tonight is basically a playoff game for 3-4 teams.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saints#34 View Post
    Such a huge night all around too. Would love it if SA loses to Portland, OKC to Rockettes, Den to LAC. Would give us 1 game of breathing room with the tie-breakers and we could seal up the 5 seed with only a win against SA in the last two I think. Still a lot of scenarios but tonight is basically a playoff game for 3-4 teams.
    Food for thought: If Spurs, Nuggets & OKC win & we lose- we will momentarily drop to ninth.

Are we the only playoff team getting saddle on a road trip with a btb to finish the season? I figure that would be avoided for all teams to at least not finish the season doing a btb. Especially, when your 2nd game is the freaking Warriors

How dare you type this out....

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Are we the only playoff team getting saddle on a road trip with a btb to finish the season? I figure that would be avoided for all teams to at least not finish the season doing a btb. Especially, when your 2nd game is the freaking Warriors
    Well at least Curry, McCaw, Casspi & Livingston are out. & IGGY is probable. With both Curry & Livingston out, they don't have a legit PG. yeah, Quin Cook (whatever)- and no back-up PG. Rondo should take Cook to school .

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Well at least Curry, McCaw, Casspi & Livingston are out. & IGGY is probable. With both Curry & Livingston out, they don't have a legit PG. yeah, Quin Cook (whatever)- and no back-up PG. Rondo should take Cook to school .
    Well, we always play into the Warriors strength since we always to try to beat them at their own game. So, this game gonna be crazy close as always.

Basketball Guru
    OK but I'm going to need pelicanidae to make the game thread for tonight game....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    OK but I'm going to need pelicanidae to make the game thread for tonight game....
    I bless this thread, it counts as if I made it.
    Basketball.

They have no heart and nothing to play for.

Pels by +20.

Flap flap.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post

Pels by +20.

Flap flap.
    They're also an under-500 team without Curry (5-8 in games with Durant but without Curry, I think) so we do have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post

Pels by +20.

Flap flap.
    They've vulnerable, but they've got plenty to play for

Don't confuse the two

IF we win this, win of the season right here. I'm *********ready

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    lol this

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    lol this

All-Star
    Out of curiosity, say we lose tonight and so does the Spurs and the Thunder. We have a 5 team tie, who has the tie breaker?

Quote Originally Posted by Delko View Post
    Out of curiosity, say we lose tonight and so does the Spurs and the Thunder. We have a 5 team tie, who has the tie breaker?
    We currently have the tie-breaker over the Thunder and the Spurs, but the Wolves and Nuggets have it over us. So I think that would put us in

1- Rockets (65-15)
    2- GSW (58-22)
    3- Trailblazers (49-31)
    4- Jazz (46-33)
    5- Nuggets (45-35)
    6- Wolves (45-35)
    7- Pelicans (45-35)
    8- Either Spurs/Thunder, depending on which one has the better Division win/lose percentage. (45-35 for both of them)

I think that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    They've vulnerable, but they've got plenty to play for

Don't confuse the two

IF we win this, win of the season right here. I'm *********ready
    They have nothing. They are scum. They are homeless people. They only play on the road so they can eat other people's food.

Mass hysteria. I agree with coach that this is an unfair b2b but it will be a sweeter win

Wish I could have Joel and David doing the commentary for this

Quinn Cooke on Jrue should be automated buckets

Miroswish early

We can stay inside all night. They have nothing.

12-4 early, Draymond being forced into dumb fouls

Forcing the issue inside, more of it

Mirotic again!

Thread Information