Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How would you get into this years draft?

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    Why would Dell, or any GM trade a proven player for a draft pick? NEVER HAPPEN. Not even if pick was top 10
    That's literally how we got Niko but okay it will never happen again...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    With the success we had this season, I think we go the trade route and build to improve....Niko fit perfect with our big rotation and I guess it will come down to the dollars and his like to the team......IMO diallo is the odd man out now..we can package him and hill to improve the 1-3 positions......if Jackson can provide some scoring then that's a plus.......I don't know who he is but we have to get a good player at the 1-3 positions to go with jrue to get over the hump....
    Idk Diallo is only 21 years old with tons of upside and has been playing well, and he's a restricted free agent next summer while Niko is unrestricted and will probably command $20mil/year (see Ryan Anderson). If the team is thinking long term, as well as present, you keep Diallo and trade Niko. Diallo could be a flat out stud in 2 years and I still say he's our SF of the future.
    Last edited by HoustonPelicans; 04-13-2018 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Mirotic can be traded to the Suns to move up to 15th or 16th. Aaron Holiday anyone?

It actually make sense for Mirotic to be moved. He's too talented to share minutes with AD, Boogie and Cheick, plus Hill, Miller. His contract is expiring next season, along with Diallo and we will probably pay Diallo (restricted) over Mirotic. Love Niko but he don't really fit after this year, mainly due to playing time and how much he will be paid next summer.
    Pass.

I don't know why anyone wants to try and blow up our roster for an unknown after we just made the 6th seed and won 48 games.

Add to the roster but keep our core....
    Last edited by Mythrol; 04-13-2018 at 04:12 PM.

If we trade niko it'll be for an upgrade not an even or a downgrade

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

The Franchise
    Niko i think is under contract for one more year and 2 of our 3 bigs should be on the court at all times. Diallo is expendable to me but i want project players riding the bench in the 13-15 spots. So frank and say Caleb Martin and Diop would be nice (nbadraft.net both are at the top of the second)

Team with a couple resigns looks like
    Rondo, Clark, Frank
    Jrue, Moore, Martin
    Hill, Miller, Diop
    Davis, Niko
    Cousins, okafor

Sign henzonja and another pounding big like Jahil Okafor for depth. I’d still love to move Moore and hill for an upgrade like Kamba even if it’s for a year.

We have 2 awesome young guys and a relatively young team. I think this off-season we likely get rid of ajinca and keep our roster intact for the most part. Frank is 20 and Diallo is 21. We have a good youth movement.

I want to see us stay the course with a full season of hill and boogie. I think Mirotic is a steal for us when he is hot and with boogie we will have a "big 4" plus Rondo.

Stay the course minus ajinca, naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    If you move anyone, Cheick makes more sense than Mirotic. Mirotic's shooting provides a general need, and he's a legit power forward which means he's essentially that third big that we needed and hadn't been able to securely lock up until he arrived. Cheick, as much as he's got energy and has improved a ton, has no three point shot (he'll probably develop one but will it ever be as good as Mirotic? Probably not) and he's always been more of a tweener; a bit too short to be that reliable third big you could put out there to soak up centre minutes.

I've never understood the "too talented to share minutes" idea. You have a guy who fills a role you need, who appears to be happy here and is well liked by the team, who has showed up when you've needed him, and who's locked up for another year, and fills that role exceptionally well, and you're open to move him because he's... Too good?

I don't think his next contract will be huge by the way, if Lou Wil got $7m a year then Mirotic probably won't demand much more, if more at all.
    Williams gives you scoring and a bit of playmaking but Niko gives you scoring and great defense / rebounding.

We'd definitely have to pay at least 10 mil to keep him imo

Isn't it nice to not be talking about Osik and how can we move his contract, with that being said there is no way I would trade Mirotic this guy is just what the doctor order.
    Good Rebounder
    Very good shooter
    Extremely high basketball IQ
    Great attitude
    and can play the 4 or 5

Thread Information