Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Pelicans vs Houston Rockets & NBA Refs Game time:7:000m CT

Be interesting to see how Diallo looks next year with a little more weight on him.

Hope he works on that handle and post moves.

Okay so, I totally missed this game, but for a few of you guys I think you need to pump your brakes a little bit.

We lost and it sucks, sure, but we're coming off 5 games in 6 nights, with only one night of rest, and that one rest day wasn't even really rest because everyone had to go to Benson's funeral.

Combine that with missing players, guys playing noway near their usual minutes, and Jrue having his first rough game in a while, and a loss was almost inevitable.

We just won four in a row. Chill out.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Diallo is a special player. If he continues to develop he could be part of a trade package/deal to bring a versatile SF that can take this team to another level. I would trade Diallo, Moore and/or Niko for the right guy. We aren’t far off from being an elite team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Okay so, I totally missed this game, but for a few of you guys I think you need to pump your brakes a little bit.

We lost and it sucks, sure, but we're coming off 5 games in 6 nights, with only one night of rest, and that one rest day wasn't even really rest because everyone had to go to Benson's funeral.

Combine that with missing players, guys playing noway near their usual minutes, and Jrue having his first rough game in a while, and a loss was almost inevitable.

It was an ugly loss and there’s a lot at stake. You make a good point, I didn’t think about the funeral but you’re totally right, that’s not a day off at all. They’re probably drained.

If we beat Portland on Tuesday night I’m going to be excited. I just hope we make the playoffs because it’s too close right now for me to be comfortable. We really need to win 5 more games imo to be in a good position 5th or 6th seed. Big thing is to win against Portland and keep the confidence high.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

I think everyone was really tired. Especially in 1-2 quarter. Our biggest game is on tuesday - Versus Portland. Probably it Will be our opponent in the 1 round playoffs.

I want Houston in the playoffs

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    I want Houston in the playoffs

You want a quick 4-0 out?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    You want a quick 4-0 out?
    Wouldn't be quick at all.

Well, I guess 4 games is longer than 3.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Diallo is a special player. If he continues to develop he could be part of a trade package/deal to bring a versatile SF that can take this team to another level. I would trade Diallo, Moore and/or Niko for the right guy. We aren’t far off from being an elite team.

Any suggestions on who that SF available for that trade package might be? Tough to find one with a decent enough contract, who is a definite upgrade, that their current team would be open to trade.

Why would anyone want to trade Diallo when Boogie won’t be 100% next year?

Exactly!

If anything you keep Diallo, Mirotic and Okafor going into next season.
    IMO it won’t be until around the trade deadline that Cousins in almost 100%.

You then revaluate as there won’t be enough minutes for AD, DMC, CD, NM and EO.

Plus do you want to pay 12-15M to keep Mirotic or pay Diallo around 6-8M going into the 2019/20 season?
    I think this is the time to add a SF to the team, not before the 2018/19 season.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Exactly!

Plus do you want to pay 12-15M to keep Mirotic or pay Diallo around 6-8M going into the 2019/20 season?
    I think this is the time to add a SF to the team, not before the 2018/19 season.
    Diallo will be the better player going forward. He has so many attributes you can't teach plus a super high motor. He is AD lite

Nobody is going anywhere until Boogie is back and healthy... We need both Mirotic and Diallo. It's important that we hit the ground running next year, or it could be a wasted season. We need all the guys who've contributed to this great end of season. Mirotic and Diallo will develop immensely with this team over the summer.

It would have to be as part of a package for a really good player.

Diallo has done a good job of developing this season. He had foul troubles which really hurt his game. But since Cousins went down, with more minutes, he's really improved.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Exactly!

Yea if Cousins gets back to form playing full minutes by next trade deadline, then I think they could see about trading Mirotic. Diallo and Okafor should be able to pick up the rest of the available frountcourt minutes just fine. Hopefully Niko plays a lot better to have more trade value, plus his expiring contract could be good for the right team. By the trade deadline of 2019, SF/SG's like Fournier (or Bazemore?) could be available for some combination of Mirotic/Ajinca/Moore?/2nds and/or 1st.

Fournier is still high on my list, but right now the Magic don't really have much incentive to trade him for the players we have available. But maybe next trade deadline if they're still not in the playoffs, they trade him to save cap room for new FA signings and possibly draft pick compensation.

Imagine....

Cousins / Okafor
    Davis / Diallo
    Hill / Miller
    Fournier / Frank J.
    Holiday / Rondo

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Yea if Cousins gets back to form playing full minutes by next trade deadline, then I think they could see about trading Mirotic. Diallo and Okafor should be able to pick up the rest of the available frountcourt minutes just fine. Hopefully Niko plays a lot better to have more trade value, plus his expiring contract could be good for the right team. By the trade deadline of 2019, SF/SG's like Fournier (or Bazemore?) could be available for some combination of Mirotic/Ajinca/Moore?/2nds and/or 1st.

Fournier is still high on my list, but right now the Magic don't really have much incentive to trade him for the players we have available. But maybe next trade deadline if they're still not in the playoffs, they trade him to save cap room for new FA signings and possibly draft pick compensation.

Imagine....

Cousins / Okafor
    Davis / Diallo
    Hill / Miller
    Fournier / Frank J.
    Holiday / Rondo

Then again, adding Bazemore could secure the team into a top-10 defense, and he's still a good 4th scoring option.

I love Diallo but for the right player I would absolutely move him. People are acting like he's untradeable which is definitely not the case. I will move our 4th big who at best will be the 3rd for the next 5 years for a starting player. I wouldn't just move him for nothing but gives us a nice package along with a 1st rounder to bring in a player in the starting lineup.

Someone like Fournier would be very tempting for me. A young two way player who is a perfect fit in Gentrys system. Klay Thompson clone and would thrive in a role here as option 3A/3B instead of the main focus for defenses to stop. Could be our Ginobli and help us get to that next level. Watch his highlights below. This kid is a game changer and exactly what we are missing. Mixture of Klay/Ginobli/Booker and is still improving just entering his prime. Perfect fit for the Pelicans and Fournier.

Fournier highlights
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj1ivL8m3KQ
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 03-26-2018 at 06:24 PM.

Thread Information