Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans vs Houston Rockets & NBA Refs Game time:7:000m CT

No effort from this team. I hate when they lay eggs and don't care. It is as if they gave up before the game started.

Please take out AD, Jrue and Moore.
    These guys shouldn't be playing.

I kind of worried if Jrue will show up against playoff teams a full game.. He either feast off bad teams or don't get hot till the 4th quarter at best

Lol at anyone who thinks we could win a game against this team in the playoffs.

i don't mind losing this one, but getting thoroughly dominated on both ends is unacceptable

Don't read anything with this game. We played 5 games in 6 days with only 1 day rest between our 3 games in a row and this one.

On the rest day we had to go to our owners funeral and then travel away for this game while a total of 5 players are injured for this game.

All while playing Houston at home with the refs in their back pocket.

This game is BEYOND meaningless.

Sit starters at the half please - we need Portland win more than this one

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Don't read anything with this game. We played 5 games in 6 days with only 1 day rest between our 3 games in a row and this one.

On the rest day we had to go to our owners funeral and then travel away for this game while a total of 5 players are injured for this game.

All while playing Houston at home with the refs in their back pocket.

This game is BEYOND meaningless.
    i'd feel 100% this way if we had just rested AD and jrue. but if you're gonna play mostly everyone against a team without their 2nd best player, you can't be in danger of losing by 60+ like the grizz the other night. just compete. if you lose, fine. but don't get embarrassed. that's when it can carry over into the next game from a mental standpoint

jrue just put together easily the worst half of basketball i've ever seen from any player making 25+ million dollars

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    jrue just put together easily the worst half of basketball i've ever seen from any player making 25+ million dollars
    Clearly you haven't watched much AL Harford. Lol.

This halftime show is AMAZING

Holy **** I've never seen anything like this

Jrue Holiday is not worth a quarter of what Gayle Benson is paying him. Let's not fool ourselves. Anyway under Gentry these types of games are not unusual but considering the importance of the game to the
    Pels compared to the Rockets you would have thought he might surprise us and have them better prepared...NOT!!!

Clearly you haven't watched much AL Harford. Lol.
    can guarantee you he hasn't missed 8 shots and turned the ball over 4 times in 1 half in his career. at any level of basketball

WHITE FLAG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many years did we sign Holiday for again?!!?!??? Is there an out clause?

If there's a positive about tonight's game, it's that its made it very obvious who needs to be blocked on this board.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Calm down everyone. This is their 6th game in 8 nights. What did you expect?

We couldn't sit AD and Jrue because this is a Nationally Televised game (NBATV) and last year we went through this whole thing of not putting teams on TV and they would "rest" the marquee players. But this was expected. No biggie, lets just smash Portland.

Quote Originally Posted by stormcenter View Post
    Jrue Holiday is not worth a quarter of what Gayle Benson is paying him. Let's not fool ourselves. Anyway under Gentry these types of games are not unusual but considering the importance of the game to the
    Pels compared to the Rockets you would have thought he might surprise us and have them better prepared...NOT!!!
    Where were you during the win streak?

can guarantee you he hasn't missed 8 shots and turned the ball over 4 times in 1 half in his career. at any level of basketball
    He played an entire game against us and scored 6 points on 11 shots while going 0/3 from 3 and only getting 4 TOs.

Quote Originally Posted by stormcenter View Post
    WHITE FLAG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!
    yep. we should have raised the white flag before the game even started. but since we seemingly were going to try tonight (AD 18 min that half, jrue 20 min) AND paul isn't playing, we should not be down 27. shouldn't let any starters touch the floor the rest of the game. and then you just gotta hope that embarrassment of a 1st half doesn't mentally carry over to the upcoming games

So, people need to check out Russian Bar Trio out that was the halftime show. It was insane.

He played an entire game against us and scored 6 points on 11 shots while going 0/3 from 3 and only getting 4 TOs.
    oh don't get me wrong, he's grossly overpaid. but my point is that he's never put together a half as shameful as the one jrue just put together

oh don't get me wrong, he's grossly overpaid. but my point is that he's never put together a half as shameful as the one jrue just put together
    Without watching their games I don't think we can make that claim.

Thread Information