Pelicans Report

Thread: Real Talk from Greg Monroe

OG Hornets Fan - Est. 1988 TxAggie713's Avatar

Real Talk from Greg Monroe

So I sat courtside under the basket Sunday against Boston along with my wife and baby girl... we had a blast! One great thing about being so close is the ability to engage the players with some good-natured banter. A couple highlights:

- I asked referee Bill Kennedy to "give me one of his trademark blocking calls... we need to see that pelvic thrust again". He turned around, laughed, and shook his head. https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/971597742937165824

- I was convinced that at some point in their rookie season, when Markieff Morris was on the Suns and Marcus Morris was on the Rockets, that they switched places for a week or so. I remember one of them being a much better 3pt shooter and the other a much better rebounder and for a week there their stats almost flip-flopped. Being that they are identical twins with exact identical tattoos, haircuts, etc., surely they did this "trading places" growing up and why not try it in the NBA? When I asked Marcus about him "switching with 'Kieff" during their rookie year and that I knew they did... he gave me this look of raised eyebrows and a little guilty smirk. I'm telling you, it happened!

- Most importantly, while free throws were being shot and Greg Monroe was on the baseline, I asked him "Com on Greg, why wouldn't you come back home and sign with the Pels... you would have gotten much more playing time?". He point blank responded "You better ask Dell Demps about that one" and made the Manziel "money" sign with his hands. I told him, "its ok... 'Mek is balling for us anyway" to which he responded "sheeeeet!"

Just reinforcing one of a million reasons why the NBA is the best league out there. No other sport allows you to get that close to the action and unless you are being vulgar or ugly, the players will engage right back. Great game!

Good stuff bro
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Just proves Monroe was looking for short term cash rather than his next contract.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Just proves Monroe was looking for short term cash rather than his next contract.
    To be fair, Monroe probably realized he won't be getting much over the vet minimum ever again. Gotta grab that cash while he can.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    To be fair, Monroe probably realized he won't be getting much over the vet minimum ever again. Gotta grab that cash while he can.
    Yea I guess I can't blame him on that one. I'm satisfied with Emeka though.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Yea I guess I can't blame him on that one. I'm satisfied with Emeka though.
    It definitely worked out in our favor.

hahaha love it, appreciate the share mate. would have only been topped if Bill had given the people what they want!

Get that money young blood.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

This is too funny. Glad you had fun!
    RIP FlyGirl

Thread Information