Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans vs Lakers game thread

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Thanks hermano. Maybe we should hit up a Rockets Pelicans game next season.
    I'm down.

Seeing how loopy the Western Conference has been, I wouldn't be shocked if the Mavs bounced back to being a playoff team next season. Barnes/Smith/Matthews/their lotto pick/a top 5 coach/oodles of cash. The Western conference will be a knock down drag out war next season. I will put money on it.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    What would be the incentive for the Mavs to trade him to us, division rival, making us better and them worse? After this tanking season, I don't see them rolling with another tank season, and our bet offer would be based around 2019 1st (likely very low pick)/Mirotic/Ajinca/Moore or Hill.

Also, can't see Pels having 4 players make over 23mil/yr, especially for Barnes who is good but not great. He's also more of a small-ball PF who scores in a lot of the same areas that Davis does. Can't see it happening.

Keep the ideas coming though, I'm looking for a trade idea around Mirotic and Ajinca's expiring contracts of around 17.5mil.
    Niko has no trade clause

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    Niko has no trade clause
    Na, not anymore. That was just while his 2nd year (next season of his contract) was un-guaranteed. Bulls opted in the guarantee for his contract before trading him to the Pels, so now he is eligible to be traded starting in the offseason.

Might be best to keep him and hope he finds his fit and rhythm here with a full training camp. But man, it's rough watching him struggle out there. I find myself belting out variations of his name like, "Clank-otic"

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Another win for the good guys. Now get some rest before the next game against the Houston Refs.
    Nice one LOL.
    Happy for AD, Happy for our team. Big home stand with some big wins!

Anyone know where to get a replay of the game on the Net? I wanna see Lonzo brick 12 threes

I landed a job with a large bank in Houston today, so I treated my family and myself to the game. Better catch as many of these games before I have to move.
    Is your name Uno in real life and did your family say gracias?

Lonzo didn't have that bad a game. He had some turnovers sure, but he had an overall solid game for a rookie.
    Lonzo was 2/15 from the field, 1/12 from 3 and had like 3 back to back to back 3pt bricks to end the game. He literally bricked the game away for the Lakers.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    Niko has no trade clause
    Nico is going nowhere. He's cheap & we are winning w/out him shooting well. Anyone that follows NBA knows his shot will come around. He's a much smarter player than first thought & a gritty defender. He spreads the court whether his shot is falling or not. He should be a big piece for this team when Boogie comes back. Guarantee everyone in that locker room wants Nico back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Lonzo was 2/15 from the field, 1/12 from 3 and had like 3 back to back to back 3pt bricks to end the game. He literally bricked the game away for the Lakers.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Nico is going nowhere. He's cheap & we are winning w/out him shooting well. Anyone that follows NBA knows his shot will come around. He's a much smarter player than first thought & a gritty defender. He spreads the court whether his shot is falling or not. He should be a big piece for this team when Boogie comes back. Guarantee everyone in that locker room wants Nico back.
    don't be shocked if he gets hot again... just like miller.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
    All that tells me is if he ever finds his shot he's gonna be a good player. His rebounding numbers are elite for a guard already and the court vision is still there

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    All that tells me is if he ever finds his shot he's gonna be a good player. His rebounding numbers are elite for a guard already and the court vision is still there
    Bruh...

Bruh... His shoot is broken on all 3 levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Bruh...

Bruh... His shoot is broken on all 3 levels.
    It has to get rebuilt over summer. If not then yeah, he will continue to be an offensive liability

It has to get rebuilt over summer. If not then yeah, he will continue to be an offensive liability
    Am I the only one who isn't particularly stunned by Lonzo's vision and passing ability?

It's good, don't get me wrong, and he has those skills to a high level but people act as if he's LeBron/Magic/Stockton/Nash levels and he's just not.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Am I the only one who isn't particularly stunned by Lonzo's vision and passing ability?

It's good, don't get me wrong, and he has those skills to a high level but people act as if he's LeBron/Magic/Stockton/Nash levels and he's just not.
    He is a a taller slower version of rondo at this point of rondos career, with worse offensive skills than rondo at this point of his career. Make of that what you will.

PS: I like the current rondo for this team just not for the next 10 years
    I'm a grinder

Is your name Uno in real life and did your family say gracias?
    The names translation from the old language is "One who walks with God".

Lonzo is fine, and he will have a nice career. As long as his dad can stay out of the spotlight and quit putting targets on his son's back Lonzo will have a solid career.

He had a bad shooting night, but he made up for it with assists and rebounds. The kid is still growing into his game, but he has the potential to be very special very soon.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 03-23-2018 at 08:28 AM.

Lonzo is fine, and he will have a nice career. As long as his dad can stay out of the spotlight and quit putting targets on his son's back Lonzo will have a solid career.

He had a bad shooting night, but he made up for it with assists and rebounds. The kid is still growing into his game, but he has the potential to be very special very soon.
    He didn't just have a bad shooting night, he is a bad shooter. Why in the world has no coach fixed that terrible form before now. I doubt he will ever be a good shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    He didn't just have a bad shooting night, he is a bad shooter. Why in the world has no coach fixed that terrible form before now. I doubt he will ever be a good shooter.
    Basically this.

If he continues on the way he has done so far (which I suspect he probably will given Walton saying that he's not going to try and change his shot earlier this season) then his ceiling is Rondo.

There's nothing wrong with being Rondo, he's a great player who's had a great career, but he's not the franchise player/all time great/game changer that he was billed as. Again, nothing wrong with that, but nothing extraordinary.

Hahaha I was laughing so hard every time Lonzo missed. I was yelling at the TV give him another shot! It was great to watch him brick all those 3s.

Lonzo plays on a team with sharpshooters, of course he is going to get assists with them. He doesn't need to create or anything. Just swing the ball to the open man and he hits. I give him credit for his rebounding but he's also the size of a SF and rebounds in the range of what you'd expect a SF to get.

If he hit just one, 1! Of his wide open 3s at the end of the game his team would have won. It would have completely changed the outcome of the game. Until he develops a shot teams will do exactly what the Pels did last night and guard everyone else but him and dare him to make shots.

He will become a bench player by the time of his 3rd contract if he still has a broken shot. He is Rondo 10 years too late, without the same BBIQ, the game has passed that play style by.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Somehow, some way, the Pelicans have become a team that finishes with a win at the end of a close game. Probably AD's fault for the most part. Its awesome to see this team become winners.

LoL people are forgetting Lonzo just turned 20 years old! He's averaging 10/7/7 while playing very good defense. That is very solid numbers for a rookie and is one of the only players to have ever had that stat line as a rookie. Kid has very good court vision and makes some amazing passes. He might not ever be a good shooter but if he can just be an average shooting PG the kid has a very very bright future. If it wasn't for his dad he wouldn't be getting this criticism. His dad is always going to be a problem with his career and make his path tougher then other. I don't like Lonzo or the Big Baller Brand very much but acting like this kid isn't that good or going to be good because he bricked up some 3s against us is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    LoL people are forgetting Lonzo just turned 20 years old! He's averaging 10/7/7 while playing very good defense. That is very solid numbers for a rookie and is one of the only players to have ever had that stat line as a rookie. Kid has very good court vision and makes some amazing passes. He might not ever be a good shooter but if he can just be an average shooting PG the kid has a very very bright future. If it wasn't for his dad he wouldn't be getting this criticism. His dad is always going to be a problem with his career and make his path tougher then other. I don't like Lonzo or the Big Baller Brand very much but acting like this kid isn't that good or going to be good because he bricked up some 3s against us is ridiculous.
    As Mythrol said, he plays on a team filled with sharpshooters, and is given a ton of minutes and full control over the offense. Any reasonable passer would be able to average a lot of assists, and he is a reasonable passer.

What you seem to be glossing over is exactly how bad his shooting is. Ricky Rubio is a bad shooter. Russell Westbrook is inefficient from the floor. Lonzo makes them both look like Deandre Jordan in terms of efficiency; he's all time worst levels of bad.

Now, will that change in his career? Very possibly, but it's not likely unless his shot gets changed, and his coach is on record saying they're not going to change it.

It's not cause he's bricked up some threes against us. It's cause he bricks up tons of threes against everyone all the time and has WOAT shot selection.

And yes, he'd be getting this criticism even without his dad; he was picked 2nd overall in the draft above multiple players who are looking like they're way better than him. Of course he's getting heat.

Thread Information