Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans vs Pacers game thread

These refs are amazing. Just blew 2 calls at crunch time.

This game man....

That inbounds was insane.

Ad is crazy bro

Jrue just hit your FTs man...

Omg. AD....

Anthony. Goddamn. Davis!!!!!
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    AD willing this team to win! incredible play in the crunch

Wow Jrue

Jrue is killing us at the line Bruh

What a game.

good win, tough but got the w great work by the guys.

We won. That's 3 straight wins, which we desperately needed for playoffs and the strength of our schedule, especially knowing the third game of three nights comes tomorrow.

Huge game. Huge win. AD is God made flesh.

Let's go Wizards

Great win considering the circumstances, come back lets do it again tomorrow

Let's see if we can ugly it up again tomorrow and find a way to win.

Incredible how tight the playoffs are. We now have 42 wins. That would have guaranteed us a playoff spot last year at the end of the whole season: if this was last year, we could lose every single game left in the season and 42 wins would still give us 8th seed.

This year, we have 42 with a bunch of games left to play and we might not even be in the playoffs if everything goes wrong.

Jeez.

I noticed alot of ball trapping this game.
    Is this a new thing going forward or just against Indiana?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    I noticed alot of ball trapping this game.
    Is this a new thing going forward or just against Indiana?
    weve done it the last few games at the end in closer games. I noticed it first when we played charlotte. we used it well against the spurs but the refs gave them the game long before it mattered. we used it bigly against boston and caused a few turnovers. tonight it was sweet because it works and it was a great defensive adjustment.

odd thing I heard on the radio today.... since January we are the 10th best defense in the league.

I also want to give some props to Gentry for the coaching over these two games. Obviously he knows that 3 games in 3 nights is ridiculous and is trying to keep down on minutes, and so far he's managed to play nobody for more than 35 minutes in either of the first two games, and we still got wins. His rotations and play calls haven't been perfect, but they've been pretty good and he's managed the minutes very well (especially sneakily getting Jrue that rest game vs Dallas). So props.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I also want to give some props to Gentry for the coaching over these two games. Obviously he knows that 3 games in 3 nights is ridiculous and is trying to keep down on minutes, and so far he's managed to play nobody for more than 35 minutes in either of the first two games, and we still got wins. His rotations and play calls haven't been perfect, but they've been pretty good and he's managed the minutes very well (especially sneakily getting Jrue that rest game vs Dallas). So props.
    Gentry's done enough this season to command another year. I'd expect Dell keeps his job too

Great win. I'm also glad we had to reschedule this game even tho we play 3 in a row. When the game was originally scheduled we were not playing well at all. Now we seem to have got it together a bit. And every game matters in this stretch.

One more to go!

When they make the playoffs, their first playoff game better be the last game 1 of the first round.

This 3 games in 3 nights, then on the road after 1 day of rest shouldn't have been an option.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Gentry's done enough this season to command another year. I'd expect Dell keeps his job too
    They made Gentry and Dell pallbearers for Benson. I would assume that if they weren't going to be here at least 1.more year that they wouldn't have done that.

Thread Information