Pelicans Report

Thread: Noel...

Noel...

So..... Looking back on it, the trade for Jrue Holiday, once seen as something that would devastate the franchise.... Was mocked and blasted by so many in the fanbase as one of the most boneheaded moves by demps during his entire tenure and so many called for his firing thinking that we passed up on a chance to have the "twin towers" type of lineup and even I myself was on the negative side of this and really regretted not being able to get to see Davis and Noel next to each other.... But here we are years later and Noel is averaging less than 5 points per game. Is barely above 5 rebounds per game and is no where near the player we thought he'd be. Meanwhile Jrue has turned into clearly the best guard we have, has been enjoying his best statistical year since his time in Philly and has been playing at an all star level

Maybe its time we give Demps some credit and stop acting like we all are more knowledgeable than the man.

The problem is it vastly limited this team. While it hasn't been crippling as I thought and how it appeared early but this off season is still very important. The team is still on thin ice. Davis has IMO finally become the player Most people thought he would be and that is why we aren't bleeding out. Holiday has taken a step up and been consistent. With all that said if the goal was to be a team good enough to compete for titles I still think the Holiday trade is hurting that goal. But to Demps credit that move doesn't look awful as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by Blindambition25 View Post
    So..... Looking back on it, the trade for Jrue Holiday, once seen as something that would devastate the franchise.... Was mocked and blasted by so many in the fanbase as one of the most boneheaded moves by demps during his entire tenure and so many called for his firing thinking that we passed up on a chance to have the "twin towers" type of lineup and even I myself was on the negative side of this and really regretted not being able to get to see Davis and Noel next to each other.... But here we are years later and Noel is averaging less than 5 points per game. Is barely above 5 rebounds per game and is no where near the player we thought he'd be. Meanwhile Jrue has turned into clearly the best guard we have, has been enjoying his best statistical year since his time in Philly and has been playing at an all star level

Maybe its time we give Demps some credit and stop acting like we all are more knowledgeable than the man.
    Totally... we landed Jrue AND kept him. Now we have a far greater twin towers, and we've finally cut the fat and have a bunch of great guards. There really isn't a single player I would move at this point besides Ajinca, but who even cares at this point...Thank you Dell

Go Pels

Thread Information