Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Pelicans vs Mavericks game thread.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Solo put in some good on ball D in his few minutes.
    Yep, very encouraging.

The guy is a 38% three point jumper away from being a perfect complimentary player for this squad.

Haven't watched the game yet but looks like AD did is normal and Rondo had a great game or was it another stat filler? I like Rondo just not ok the court with Jrue and wish their minutes together were limited. Anybody have a breakdown how we looked tonight?
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 03-21-2018 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Lemme just say, Cheick Diallo is becoming one of my favorite Pels. You can just see his personality come out more and more, and he's exciting to watch on the court.

What a great win.
    You may think I am crazy, but Diallo's game reminds me of a young Pistons Dennis Rodman. Limited offensively but the same hustle and desire for every loose ball, just makes the other team work and our team keep up with him. Hopefully not the head case though. Check the tape, does anyone else see it?
    Last edited by redrum; 03-21-2018 at 12:29 AM.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Can we get 50 wins!? That would be awesome! We have to stay anywhere from seeds 3-6.. if we can avoid the Warriors and Rockets in 1st round we can beat anybody in the playoffs. We need to worry about making the playoffs first but getting a 3-6 seed is huge!
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 03-21-2018 at 12:38 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    You may think I am crazy, but Diallo's game reminds me of a young Pistons Dennis Rodman. Limited offensively but the same hustle and desire for every loose ball, just makes the other team work and our team keep up with him. Hopefully not the head case though. Check the tape, does anyone else see it?
    I can certainly see it. Except Cheick has a pretty good jump shot, which Rodman didn't really have.

Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    A lean 6’9”, tons of energy and hustle, quick hops—I’ve definitely thought of The Worm at times watching Diallo play, though I haven’t seen the elite rebounding instincts that Rodman possessed. Also Rodman came from nowhere. He had a gig at the airport before breaking into the league. Cheick was a McDonalds All American, a prize recruit for Bill Self at Kansas, more of an all around talent.

I’ll raise the ante and say he plays a bit like a young James Worthy, same kind of speed up the floor at 6’9”, same funky one-handed release on short jumpers, not much range beyond 15’. If he turns out half as good as Worthy we’re in high cotton. Frankly I’d be happy with something like Clint Capella...

That game seemed to over quite quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by Atarwii View Post
    That game seemed to over quite quickly!
    Well we got 2 more games in 2 games to satiate you

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Can we get 50 wins!? That would be awesome! We have to stay anywhere from seeds 3-6.. if we can avoid the Warriors and Rockets in 1st round we can beat anybody in the playoffs. We need to worry about making the playoffs first but getting a 3-6 seed is huge!
    No I can't imagine that we can get to 50 wins.

That would require us going something like 9-3 and with our schedule I just don't see it happening. The good news is anywhere between 3 and 6 is good because we have no idea where anyone else is going to fall outside of the Rockets and Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    No I can't imagine that we can get to 50 wins.

That would require us going something like 9-3 and with our schedule I just don't see it happening. The good news is anywhere between 3 and 6 is good because we have no idea where anyone else is going to fall outside of the Rockets and Warriors.
    completely possible, especially if blazers and warriors start resting just a bit (as if GS isn't already)...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	6319  

Yes it's possible in the sense anything is possible. As long as there's enough games left its possible.

I just don't see it happening. There's a lot of teams on there fighting for a playoff spot or a better seed.

Thread Information