Pelicans Report

Thread: Aaron Holiday

Aaron Holiday

Wow. Jrue's little brother is amazing. He reminds me of a better version of CP3. Jumpshot is spring water. Tight handle. Court vision. Very good passer. Elite finisher at the rim. Elite scoring potential. We must find a way to move up and take this kid if he falls out of the lottery, which would be a crime if he did. He's ranked outside top 20 currently.

Holiday + Holiday + Jackson lol
    RIP FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Wow. Jrue's little brother is amazing. He reminds me of a better version of CP3. Jumpshot is spring water. Tight handle. Court vision. Very good passer. Elite finisher at the rim. Elite scoring potential. We must find a way to move up and take this kid if he falls out of the lottery, which would be a crime if he did. He's ranked outside top 20 currently.

I like holliday a lot and I think he's a solid prospect, but uhh........... no.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    I like holliday a lot and I think he's a solid prospect, but uhh........... no.
    Yeah, I can't say I've watched much of his game outside of highlight reels but claiming anyone as a better CP3 is a very bold claim.

Not saying it's impossible, but I do find it difficult to believe.
    Basketball.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I don't find those claims to be bold as long as it's one to one comparing them as prospects from college.

Side note: I find it fascinating how similar his jump shot is to Jrue's. Uncanny.

i'll take him for tonight since jrue isn't playing

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    Side note: I find it fascinating how similar his jump shot is to Jrue's. Uncanny.
    A bit quicker too.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post

Better version of CP3? Come on bruh

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Very disappointed in the last few minutes of his NCAA against St Bonny. Just a complete meltdown for a PG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like this kid a lot. He does have a very similiar style and skill set as CP3 but I don't think he will ever be that good. He would be incredible for us as a bench PG potentially becoming a starter after a couple years. Would fit well in lineup alongside his brother as well. Having Aaron.Holiday and Frank Jackson as the PG/SG on the bench could be one great duo in Gentrys system. I would love to trade back into this draft somehow and acquire one more young talent for this team. He would be on my list if he's still there somewhere after the 18th pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I don't find those claims to be bold as long as it's one to one comparing them as prospects from college.
    This. I meant it as a comparison as a prospect, not that he's better than a polished CP3. I probably should've clarified.

I think as a prospect they have similar styles but Aaron seems more complete at this stage.

He's a much better shooter.

While he's a floor General like Paul, he doesn't dominate the ball, he can play off ball, give it up and get it back. What's really special is that he directs traffic while off ball, so when he gets it back, he's either in position to score or one pass away for a teammate to score.

He has those Holiday defensive instincts, he gets after it on that end just like his brother. Has the ability to shut guards down. Paul was a pesky defender but his size was a problem. Not the same issue with Aaron as he is a superior athlete and has nice size with a 6'6 wingspan at 6'1 185lbs.

Watched his interviews. Kid is a stud. Well spoken, high iq, unfazed.

Will he be better than CP? Time will tell but I think he will be. I would love him here in the backcourt with his brother and to learn from Rondo for a year or 2.

He's gonna go 1st round, we can't get him

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    He's gonna go 1st round, we can't get him
    Funnily enough I noticed nbadraft.net has Chicago taking him with our first when I glanced at their website earlier.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    Funnily enough I noticed nbadraft.net has Chicago taking him with our first when I glanced at their website earlier.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Yeah I posted that here in a different thread

Thread Information