Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans vs Rockets

jrues free throwing shooting late in games is just pure comedy

That's what happens what happens when you just look at the ball you stupid ****.

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    I'm gonna finally agree with you bc it's ridiculous to think all of a sudden the refs just hate the pels bc these last few games have been the team we're facing and the refs it's retarded

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    They won't get my money anymore. It's refereeing like last few games that turn the fans away. The big league sports just have too much money involved. The fans don't matter anymore.

Great play out of the time out.

Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    They won't get my money anymore. It's refereeing like last few games that turn the fans away. The big league sports just have too much money involved. The fans don't matter anymore.
    And like I said earlier I almost didn't even turn this game on bc of the refs the last few games and as fan that's sad as hell that I can't watch something and think it isn't rigged

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Hey Aussie how come you never get banned for swearing?
    That's not fair
    Because **** isn't swearing. I don't type the word.

I would have left Diallo in that game instead of playing AD.
    But I guess he kind of rested on the court in the last 7 minutes anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    If everyone just sees the stars because of the filter, what's the difference between swearing and just writing stars?
    Stars aren't as offensive.

Gentry's post game interview was dead on. The refs have hosed our team too many times. You CANNOT call fouls based off of players acting and faking. You either see the foul or don't. Teams are fighting for playoff spots. It's hard enough going against the team with the best record without having to deal with refs calling it unfair.

The NBA needs to take a hardline stance on flops and faking. If a player flops, he needs to be suspended for 3 games. If he does it again, 10 games, 3rd time is a 30 game suspension, 4th is gone for the rest of the season and the 1st 20 games of the next season.

This cannot be a league where acting is rewarded more than hard work. Too much is at stake for teams.

Refs should be fined for blatant missed calls, enough in 1 game and they should be suspended until they can pass the officials test again. If it happens 3 times, it's a year suspension without pay.

The NBA cannot be a billion dollar industry that is based around players faking and refs calling fouls off of acting.

The Pelicans have been hosed far too often lately and we are too deep into a playoff push for this to be happening.

Call games fairly.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Yes, but the Mod's will send you an email to warn you if you swear.
    That has happend to me before. I don't see how the word that starts with an S and ends with a T is a swear word anyway.
    Yeah I just don't understand why mods get so upset when you swear if it's auto censored anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Gentry's post game interview was dead on. The refs have hosed our team too many times. You CANNOT call fouls based off of players acting and faking. You either see the foul or don't. Teams are fighting for playoff spots. It's hard enough going against the team with the best record without having to deal with refs calling it unfair.

The NBA needs to take a hardline stance on flops and faking. If a player flops, he needs to be suspended for 3 games. If he does it again, 10 games, 3rd time is a 30 game suspension, 4th is gone for the rest of the season and the 1st 20 games of the next season.

This cannot be a league where acting is rewarded more than hard work. Too much is at stake for teams.

Refs should be fined for blatant missed calls, enough in 1 game and they should be suspended until they can pass the officials test again. If it happens 3 times, it's a year suspension without pay.

The NBA cannot be a billion dollar industry that is based around players faking and refs calling fouls off of acting.

The Pelicans have been hosed far too often lately and we are too deep into a playoff push for this to be happening.

Call games fairly.
    This this this this this this this. And another this, for good measure.

Did our guys play their best basketball? No. Did they do enough to win if it had been officiated reasonably? Yes! The Rockets didn't play out of their skin either, this game could have gone either way if the refs just did their job!

Every single game has at least a handful of blatant wrong calls or blatant misses now. And it doesn't matter what team you watch. The refs officiate by reputation and by performative activity, not genuine offenses. If you act like you get fouled a lot, they just assume it's legit. Why would they bother using critical judgment, it's not like it's their entire job.

These guidelines are legit. I'd love to see how the Rockets do next season if Harden was forced to sit games for flopping.

A huge part of the problem is that refs are unaccountable and unquestionable; you addressed that too.

I'd like to see something introduced where maybe each coach gets the right to call three automatic play reviews per game. Yes, it might slow the game down, but it would be offset by there being less free throws due to awful calls if Mythrol's guidelines were put in place.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar

Call games fairly.
    I make a. Point not to accuse an official because I umpired college & Single baseball for 17 yrs. BUT, I was 20 feet from the Phantom Foul on Harden & Jrue purposefully held his own arm into his chest, specifically because of Hardens swing through! The Referee was 3 ft away, on the baseline w/ ZERO obstruction. Tim Donaghy comes to mind . There is NO FREAKIN WAY that he saw a Foul . NO WAY .

grizzlies i love you

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    I make a. Point not to accuse an official because I umpired college & Single baseball for 17 yrs. BUT, I was 20 feet from the Phantom Foul on Harden & Jrue purposefully held his own arm into his chest, specifically because of Hardens swing through! The Referee was 3 ft away, on the baseline w/ ZERO obstruction. Tim Donaghy comes to mind . There is NO FREAKIN WAY that he saw a Foul . NO WAY .
    I don't think everyone expects games to be officiated in such a way that every single possible foul is called. Apart from ruining the game, it would also be basically impossible.

The issue is multiple blatant obvious even-a-blind-guy-could-see-it calls, every single game, and often coincidentally in favour of teams and players who the season's narrative fits.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I don't think everyone expects games to be officiated in such a way that every single possible foul is called. Apart from ruining the game, it would also be basically impossible.

The issue is multiple blatant obvious even-a-blind-guy-could-see-it calls, every single game, and often coincidentally in favour of teams and players who the season's narrative fits.
    As I said. I have a different perspective, because each official is singular. BUT, this call to me was BLATENT. Then, the DOLT goes to the monitor . For what? He DID NOT see a foul.

But that's the point w3 as a team rarely see a goo officiated game in our favor we see every team get atleast a hand full of games in the year go their way officiated but the pels seem to be the one and only team to never really get it that way

that grizzlies W just brought our playoff odds up from 68% to 74%. thank you tyreke

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    But that's the point w3 as a team rarely see a goo officiated game in our favor we see every team get atleast a hand full of games in the year go their way officiated but the pels seem to be the one and only team to never really get it that way

That's cause we're not a team with a narrative. Teams that are include:

Houston; narrative of new best team, James Harden finally claiming the MVP he's missed out on for years.
    Minnesota; the league has been pushing KAT as the next big thing since he entered the league, there's the whole new superteam thing since they got Butler.
    OKC; new superteam, ready to take revenge on Golden State for stealing Durant, coming off Westbrook's all time season.
    76ers; young new core: is Embiid the next Olajuwon? Is Simmons the next LeBron? And they might even get LeBron next year!
    Lakers; Lonzo Ball the next magic? Cleared up enough cap to sign 2 max contracts in the off-season!

And these teams rank 2, 5, 8, 7, and 9 in free throw attempts per game. It's not surprising.

That's cause we're not a team with a narrative. Teams that are include:

Houston; narrative of new best team, James Harden finally claiming the MVP he's missed out on for years.
    Minnesota; the league has been pushing KAT as the next big thing since he entered the league, there's the whole new superteam thing since they got Butler.
    OKC; new superteam, ready to take revenge on Golden State for stealing Durant, coming off Westbrook's all time season.
    76ers; young new core: is Embiid the next Olajuwon? Is Simmons the next LeBron? And they might even get LeBron next year!
    Lakers; Lonzo Ball the next magic? Cleared up enough cap to sign 2 max contracts in the off-season!

And these teams rank 2, 5, 8, 7, and 9 in free throw attempts per game. It's not surprising.
    Sorry but all I see when I read that is wwe we jut arent popular

Gentry was a real one in the post game interview.

Gentry was a real one in the post game interview.
    "I thought we played hard. I thought we competed. I thought we did everything we had to to try to win the game. That's what I thought. You know, the thing that bothers me more than anything, and I really don't care, is that we try to play the right way. And we play our a** off. And what happened to us is that AD never gets a call. He never gets a call. You know, we talk about them holding him, we talk about them grabbing him on rolls, we talk about them coming under him on post ups, and he never gets the call. Not one. And you know why? Cause he doesn't b**ch and complain about it. He just keeps playing the game.

So then it comes down to a few plays in the game, you can't guess on plays when you've got teams playing for playoff spots. You can't guess on the game. You can't guess on a foul. When a guys got his hands on his chest, when a guys got hands on his [inaudible] and you call a three point shot? That's not right. That's not correct. That's not the way you do it. And then you give them the ball back on another play when they undercut a player? That's not right either. That's not correct. That's not the way you call the game. It's not. And when you can get technical fouls for walking away from a guy?! This league has really changed. I walked away from him so I wouldnt get a technical. That being said, I thought we did everything we could to try and win the game, that's a great team down there."

For anyone who missed it.

And yet Jrue gets stitches on his face from a obvious foul, and gets no call. Unbelievable!!! As said before it's becoming very painful to watch.

https://youtu.be/HC_udkoI9_g

This needs to play on the big screen before every game.

https://youtu.be/HC_udkoI9_g

This needs to play on the big screen before every game.
    Gentry earned a ton of respect with that.

Thread Information