Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans vs Rockets

I haven't been this mad in a long time about a game. Maybe we still would have lost this game but the refs were absolutely garbage tonight.

Before the phantom 3pt foul call Capella was out of bounds when he threw the pass to Harden. A blatant miss. Jrue had his hand on his chest while defending. A blatant miss. Gentry walked away specifically to not get hit with a tech.

A ref should be suspended after what just happened tonight. The NBA Referee Twitter loves to defend their actions and even argue with fans / writers / the NBA themselves. They haven't said a word about this call.

It's all so phoney. Something has to happen.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    I just came on to see if anyone was talking about the post game interview. That was gold!! He spoke the truth!! I love Gentry!!!

Respec Uncle Al. R e s p c a

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I haven't been this mad in a long time about a game. Maybe we still would have lost this game but the refs were absolutely garbage tonight.

Before the phantom 3pt foul call Capella was out of bounds when he threw the pass to Harden. A blatant miss. Jrue had his hand on his chest while defending. A blatant miss. Gentry walked away specifically to not get hit with a tech.

A ref should be suspended after what just happened tonight. The NBA Referee Twitter loves to defend their actions and even argue with fans / writers / the NBA themselves. They haven't said a word about this call.

It's all so phoney. Something has to happen.
    Tim Donaghy Flashbacks.

Gentry is getting mad props from everyone outside of Houston for his postgame rant. It’s about time someone kept it real about these refs.

I gotta admit, I love how Alvin spoke his mind tonight. Nothing he said is wrong at all. He told it exactly like it is. Someone finally had the gall to call out the officiating. My opinion of Alvin over the years has been pretty hard, but man, I loved that rant. Gotta tip my cap to him .

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    "I thought we played hard. I thought we competed. I thought we did everything we had to to try to win the game. That's what I thought. You know, the thing that bothers me more than anything, and I really don't care, is that we try to play the right way. And we play our a** off. And what happened to us is that AD never gets a call. He never gets a call. You know, we talk about them holding him, we talk about them grabbing him on rolls, we talk about them coming under him on post ups, and he never gets the call. Not one. And you know why? Cause he doesn't b**ch and complain about it. He just keeps playing the game.

So then it comes down to a few plays in the game, you can't guess on plays when you've got teams playing for playoff spots. You can't guess on the game. You can't guess on a foul. When a guys got his hands on his chest, when a guys got hands on his [inaudible] and you call a three point shot? That's not right. That's not correct. That's not the way you do it. And then you give them the ball back on another play when they undercut a player? That's not right either. That's not correct. That's not the way you call the game. It's not. And when you can get technical fouls for walking away from a guy?! This league has really changed. I walked away from him so I wouldnt get a technical. That being said, I thought we did everything we could to try and win the game, that's a great team down there."

For anyone who missed it.

Posts like this make me rethink the need for a post voting systems because this needs 50 upvotes. I know Gentry was the one that ethered that interview, but you took the time to re-type it all out and man if it doesn't make me respect the heck out of the guy again.

And it feels like tonight is just a long time coming. We have been getting completely abused by the refs the last few games and this was just the final straw.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Gentry is getting mad props from everyone outside of Houston for his postgame rant. It’s about time someone kept it real about these refs.
    Dude has earned some respect from me. I'm pissed too.

If I were to have written a rant that encapsualted the season, that would be it, verbatim!!

Even his props were genuine

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Shout out to Alvin. He's become my guy after tonight.

"I thought we played hard. I thought we competed. I thought we did everything we had to to try to win the game. That's what I thought. You know, the thing that bothers me more than anything, and I really don't care, is that we try to play the right way. And we play our a** off. And what happened to us is that AD never gets a call. He never gets a call. You know, we talk about them holding him, we talk about them grabbing him on rolls, we talk about them coming under him on post ups, and he never gets the call. Not one. And you know why? Cause he doesn't b**ch and complain about it. He just keeps playing the game.

So then it comes down to a few plays in the game, you can't guess on plays when you've got teams playing for playoff spots. You can't guess on the game. You can't guess on a foul. When a guys got his hands on his chest, when a guys got hands on his [inaudible] and you call a three point shot? That's not right. That's not correct. That's not the way you do it. And then you give them the ball back on another play when they undercut a player? That's not right either. That's not correct. That's not the way you call the game. It's not. And when you can get technical fouls for walking away from a guy?! This league has really changed. I walked away from him so I wouldnt get a technical. That being said, I thought we did everything we could to try and win the game, that's a great team down there."

For anyone who missed it.
    Ok for anyone who missed it this post doesn't do the interview justice haha. Thanks for posting and nothing wrong with your post but I read it and came away happy Gentry went off a little on the refs. Then I saw the interview and earned a new level of respect for Gentry!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Ok for anyone who missed it this post doesn't do the interview justice haha. Thanks for posting and nothing wrong with your post but I read it and came away happy Gentry went off a little on the refs. Then I saw the interview and earned a new level of respect for Gentry!
    Yeah it's hard to transmit his tone in plain text. It's there for reference though I guess.
    Basketball.

Gentry earned a ton of respect with that.
    He said what everyone is thinking and what everyone is seeing in our last couple off games. The refs are TERRIBLE this season.

Well, Q Cook is killing it right now for the you know who's

https://youtu.be/HC_udkoI9_g

This needs to play on the big screen before every game.
    Wow.
    I have no idea how said all that without one swear word.
    My respect for Gentry just went up a whole heap after that.

Keep Gentry next season!!!!

I slept on it to see if I'd feel any better and I'm still pretty pissed about last night.

I slept on it to see if I'd feel any better and I'm still pretty pissed about last night.
    Yup and it's pretty embarrassing that nba allows this type of thing to happen. It's becoming pretty clear they don't actually care as long as their golden teams are winning.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

James Harden is ruining the game of basketball. He is a flake. Just my opinion. Last night’s game still has me fuming.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    James Harden is ruining the game of basketball. He is a flake. Just my opinion. Last night’s game still has me fuming.
    It's why I don't buy the MVP hype. Because his entire game is based around flopping for free throws.

He can't be guarded like regular players and that allows him to make much easier plays. The NBA already changed one rule due to last year Harden exploiting a screen to draw BS fouls.

The day Harden stops playing basketball is the day the NBA as a whole will improve.

This is why I only watch pels games. The NBA as a whole is way too reliant on ticky tack calls. They should take a street ball approach to refs. Only blatant fouls get called.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it's hard to transmit his tone in plain text. It's there for reference though I guess.
    What it really can't transmit is the emotion when talking about AD. I'm surprised he really didn't blow up after that technical because by then it was apparent what was going on. That 'foul' was an absolute joke. Watching the replay on YouTube is almost comical too with the Rocket announcers justifying the whistle. Out of shear madness, just don't put anyone on him next game. Let him score 200 points as a protest to the way the game has become.

Loved the hustle tonight. Diablo has won me over with his. The really sad thing is, with Boogie and AD on the court, Houston has real trouble matching up against us. We'd have a shot at them in a seven game series. Heck, any team would have trouble against us.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Im glad I didn't watch that game. James Harden Rocket games are ********ing unbearable and nearly want to throw the remote at the TV every time we have play them and the refs. It's annoying. I'm still bitter about the b.s. last time that where the refs gassed the Rockets back into what should if been a blow out win with Boogie and AD resting in the 4th instead Boogie got injured in the last 2 of regulation. It gets old every time we play the rocket with some crazy drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Im glad I didn't watch that game. James Harden Rocket games are ********ing unbearable and nearly want to throw the remote at the TV every time we have play them and the refs. It's annoying. I'm still bitter about the b.s. last time that where the refs gassed the Rockets back into what should if been a blow out win with Boogie and AD resting in the 4th instead Boogie got injured in the last 2 of regulation. It gets old every time we play the rocket with some crazy drama.
    Amen! I can’t watch Rockets game because Harden and CP3 flop the entire game for calls. It’s unbearable to watch because it’s not basketball. AD gets abused and never flops. I can respect that.

Here's the thing that really bugs me. Before the refs inserted their selves into it, it was a really good game that could of went either way but of course we can't have that now can we smh

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Thread Information