Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Pels Vs Spurs, Ides of March 2018

You guys maybe looking forward to a playoff berth, but I prefer a new coaching staff. There is talent here... and for it too only show for 20 minutes of the game playing catch up. There has to be a better coach that can get a more consistent product.

Very much pondering the playoffs or a new coaching staff. I can't go through this stuff next year with this staff and team.

heck of a game for mirotic

Niko 0 clutch rating dude throws up a fadeaway 2 when we need a 3 with 5 seconds left on the game clock. This team went full retard in crunch time. Niko and moore specifically.
    Last edited by PelicanNation; 03-15-2018 at 09:56 PM.

Ah they are coming to the dark side. With any discipline and/or coaching that last shot just isn't an option. On this team you'll see something like that again.

Well, thanks for the Rockets for giving us a hand with the Clippers. Shame that the Jazz and Nuggets are almost guaranteed a win, and also a shame that the Cavaliers absolutely suck and therefore will probably grant the Blazers a win too.
    Basketball.

Looks like we might be bounced out the 10th seed by Sunday... Jesus...

Man, oh man, oh man.
    RIP FlyGirl

Alvin should have put oak on aldrige when ad got 5 fouls. can't afford to lose ad's offense

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    Alvin should have put oak on aldrige when ad got 5 fouls. can't afford to lose ad's offense
    The list of what Gentry should have done that he either didn't or couldn't is pretty endless. It starts in the second quarter, when sitting AD and Jrue simultaneously for 6 minutes was a horrid sign. Not using Okafor on defense against Aldridge is the tip of the iceberg.

It’s getting way to close... Bad loss...

Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    Demps trade backfires on the Pelicans Mirotic is worthless. We got more from Asik.
    If you would rather have Asik than Niko then you and I will never agree on anything basketball related.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Most of you guys are fair weather trolls. We have 29 losses, which is on par with Minny & OKC & better than the LAC, Utah, Denver & San Antonio. We have a 35yr old center w/ NO back-up center on the team.We have a 6'4" guard playing SF, guarding 6'7" wings. What in Sam Hill do you trolls want? This team shouldn't be close to 10 games over 500 w/out Boogie. FYI- winning every game doesn't happen. Get over it !

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Most of you guys are fair weather trolls. We have 29 losses, which is on par with Minny & OKC & better than the LAC, Utah, Denver & San Antonio. We have a 35yr old center w/ NO back-up center on the team.We have a 6'4" guard playing SF, guarding 6'7" wings. What in Sam Hill do you trolls want? This team shouldn't be close to 10 games over 500 w/out Boogie. FYI- winning every game doesn't happen. Get over it !
    I want Gentry to play the kind of rotations he had been playing for the previous 13 games, and I'd like for the referees to do the jobs they are paid for and not the job the weird vibes they get in their heads tell them to. That's what I want.

This

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    This
    We are the only team in the race that plays the next 5 games & NOT 1 game is against a competing playoff team. If we can win three of 5, we will be fine. The other 6 teams are basically gonna beat up each other. It's like a big round robin for Lac - OKC - Minny - SA & Denver. Somebody has to lose.

We are the only team in the race that plays the next 5 games & NOT 1 game is against a competing playoff team. If we can win three of 5, we will be fine. The other 6 teams are basically gonna beat up each other. It's like a big round robin for Lac - OKC - Minny - SA & Denver. Somebody has to lose.
    I still can’t fathom that Portland are going to finish in third…..****** Portland!

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    I still can’t fathom that Portland are going to finish in third…..****** Portland!
    Weak schedule. Houston has to play us Sat., fly to Minny Sunday & play @ Portland on Tues. . We might see a couple Rockets rest Sat... Anyway- We are getting to play a crippled Boston team & if we can Crush Dallas early, we may be able to pull off this 3game stretch mid week. We are still in much better position than LAC-Denver-SA & possibly Minny. Denver has 6 in a row on the road & San Antonio & Minny have Brutal schedules. As does OKC actually. We do get to play Dallas,Phx,Memphis. & can take out OKC, LAC & SA one more time. So, I think we're in a good position.

Agreed. I won't blame coach for the hose job we got from the officials tonight. On another note I can't wait for Hill to get back.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 23speedkillz View Post
    Agreed. I won't blame coach for the hose job we got from the officials tonight. On another note I can't wait for Hill to get back.
    Hill is coming back? Source?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Hill is coming back? Source?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hill won’t be back this season or next.

He will be traded, along with Ajinca and Moore for Batum.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Niko needs to learn when a good time to shoot a three is. He's been wayyyy too trigger happy.

Also, to my disdain, I had to listen to the most brutal commentary team (it involves Sean Elliott). Reminded me why I CANT STAND the Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Hill won’t be back this season or next.

He will be traded, along with Ajinca and Moore for Batum.
    Sold

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Niko needs to learn when a good time to shoot a three is. He's been wayyyy too trigger happy.

Also, to my disdain, I had to listen to the most brutal commentary team (it involves Sean Elliott). Reminded me why I CANT STAND the Spurs.
    That’s nothing, I had to sit next to a Spurs family’s matriarch that wanted to talk about Sean Elliott (and everyone else she knew in the crowd) and his ‘strong moral values’- which instantly makes me imagine Sean Elliott with hookers and blow later that night. At one point this wench was telling me about her random neighbor’s cousin who’s undergoing some kind of treatment yadayada... finally had To let her know that her neighborhood dynamics was a bit more that I was willing to learn about with 5:00 to go in the 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post

Niko has been pretty dissapointing as of late.

But at the same time it seems like he is still trying to put it together. When he first came in he was too hesitant to shoot. He was making plays but would pass up open shots too often. Now he seems to have over-corrected. He’s taking bad shots earlier and more often, and than when they don’t work he seems to let himself disappear.

Either way, guy needs to get it together if we are planning on making the playoffs.

Thread Information