Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Pels Vs Spurs, Ides of March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    We are the only team in the race that plays the next 5 games & NOT 1 game is against a competing playoff team. If we can win three of 5, we will be fine. The other 6 teams are basically gonna beat up each other. It's like a big round robin for Lac - OKC - Minny - SA & Denver. Somebody has to lose.
    I don't think that matters that much for us. The rest of our games this month are:

Houston, Boston, Dallas, Indiana, Lakers, Houston, Portland, Cleveland

We have 2 easy games and they come in a set of back to back to back games.

We have an absolutely BRUTAL schedule left for March. I would not be shocked if we only won 3 games in this stretch.

Nooo!

Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    If you would rather have Asik than Niko then you and I will never agree on anything basketball related.
    I never said I wanted him back, just stating the little we got from Asik was more that what Mirotic is giving now. He needs to compete and stop being soft aand undecisive.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Niko has been pretty dissapointing as of late.

But at the same time it seems like he is still trying to put it together. When he first came in he was too hesitant to shoot. He was making plays but would pass up open shots too often. Now he seems to have over-corrected. He’s taking bad shots earlier and more often, and than when they don’t work he seems to let himself disappear.

Either way, guy needs to get it together if we are planning on making the playoffs.
    Yea his play has been pretty disappointing after those high hopes after his first few games here. He honestly looks lost and out of place out there. Hope he gets it together, but I don't think they can count on that the rest of this season based on what he's shown lately. Question going forward is, will a full training camp to learn the sets, timing, etc. allow him to get comfortable as a productive contributor?

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Niko has been pretty dissapointing as of late.

But at the same time it seems like he is still trying to put it together. When he first came in he was too hesitant to shoot. He was making plays but would pass up open shots too often. Now he seems to have over-corrected. He’s taking bad shots earlier and more often, and than when they don’t work he seems to let himself disappear.

Either way, guy needs to get it together if we are planning on making the playoffs.
    Nah he was pretty trigger happy since the beginning, numerous games where he's taken 8 threes

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I don't think that matters that much for us. The rest of our games this month are:

Houston, Boston, Dallas, Indiana, Lakers, Houston, Portland, Cleveland

We have 2 easy games and they come in a set of back to back to back games.

We have an absolutely BRUTAL schedule left for March. I would not be shocked if we only won 3 games in this stretch.
    Saving grace-Boston is crippled & Sabonis is out for Indy. Im not intimidated by Cleveland.

Thread Information