Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The all too frequent "Anthony Davis" MRI Results Watch, 3rd This Season

Quote Originally Posted by thisisowen View Post
    Yeah, i know... i just think we need to keep the vibes good around here!... anything is possible if we can win without boogie the way we have been... I think we are perfectly capable of winning the game without AD. There are a lot of realist on this board, myself included. It might just be time to believe!
    It's always time to be realistic because as soon as we lose there will be 100 posts about how everyone sucks, all the coaches need to be fired, and to blow it up this summer.

Bring the optimism after the game when everyone is on standing on the ledge again. We need to be realistic about our chances going into this game if AD doesn't play.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    It's always time to be realistic because as soon as we lose there will be 100 posts about how everyone sucks, all the coaches need to be fired, and to blow it up this summer.

Bring the optimism after the game when everyone is on standing on the ledge again. We need to be realistic about our chances going into this game if AD doesn't play.
    100 post. That's a lot . Washington is actually a team that I don't mind playing w/out AD. When Mirotic and Mek are in the game, we will be fine on the boards. Sure, there will be times when they drub us on the boards. There will also be times when we run their bigs out of the gym.

Diallo twists his ankle landing on opponent's foot, looks horrible right afterwards, but comes back in the game later looking fine.

AD twists his ankle landing on opponent's foot, tries to stay in the game despite a mild limp, ankle swells up like a balloon, and he's likely out for Friday.

#pelslife

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    100 post. That's a lot . Washington is actually a team that I don't mind playing w/out AD. When Mirotic and Mek are in the game, we will be fine on the boards. Sure, there will be times when they drub us on the boards. There will also be times when we run their bigs out of the gym.
    You should mind playing any team. Without AD. Our big depth is paper thin and 2 of our 3 guys are either an extremely raw 2nd year player getting his 1st real run ever or a guy who did not play for 4 years and is just coming back from injury.

We have done well with what we have but relying on heavy minutes by Okafor and Diallo is not a good situation to be in.

The goal is absolutely going to have to be to run them out the freaking gym all game. We will probably do like at the end of last game and run muller at the 4 some so we will be extremely small.

Here's where you hope Diallo doesn't get in foul trouble and just runs all game with that young energy.

Sorry but I don't believe in this team without AD. We have zero chance to win friday game If he’s not playing. Can We finally stay healthy? Please! This team is like one big Hospital, always something... #Pelslife

I would be scared if this was still a Iso team, but our identity has been more running and ball movement this year. All we ask of diallo and meka is to defend the rim and rebound and let our shooters shoot. we should be fine letting jrue and rondo run the show. Niko,Clark,miller and etwaan must show up. Jrue and niko will get theirs

Washington is schizo. Let's hope the bad version shows up.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Motivation2k12 View Post
    I would be scared if this was still a Iso team, but our identity has been more running and ball movement this year. All we ask of diallo and meka is to defend the rim and rebound and let our shooters shoot. we should be fine letting jrue and rondo run the show. Niko,Clark,miller and etwaan must show up. Jrue and niko will get theirs
    I agree. Coaching can win this game. Who would be our starters? I’d like:
    Rondo, Jrue, Moore, Niko, Okafor

Then try: Jrue, Moore, Miller, Niko, Diallo

I’d even be a little crazy and try:
    Clarck, Rondo, Jrue, Miller, Niko

I also like Rondo, Jrue, Niko, Diallo, Okafor. We would probably have matchup problems with this lineup but I think our defense and rebounding could do well here.

The key to this game is Jrue and Rondo. Jrue needs to suffocate Beal and Rondo needs to get everyone involved. Okafor and/or Diallo could have a big game. I think we will win. We are way better than the Wizards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post

LoL this is so on point.. it took like 7 games into the winning streak before people started acting this way. I pull optimism out of every loss and realize this is a season long grind not judgement on a 1 to 5 games stretch. Teams play bad at times for stretches and lose to teams they shouldn't lose to. It happens and it's the NBA where any team can beat anybody. Gentry has put out the #3 offense in the NBA this year yet people think they would do a better job. I think people will be able to handle 1 loss after this streak but give it 2 in a row and watch this board blow up. Not only do we need to be realistic about the next game without AD we also need to be realistic that making the playoffs is still no lock by any means. Looking at the current 8, 9, and 10 seeds I would be upset if we couldn't make it over any of them but they all have the ability to get hot and if we just slip a little that's it. Looking at the 3-7 seeds I could see any of these teams sitting in the top or bottom half of the bracket.

I have always thought Gentry was a very good coach and players love him. I have always thought Dell has been a very solid GM outside of a few bad deals in hindsight but go find me a GM that's doesn't make them. As good as I believe they are injuries or not we need to make the playoffs. If the worst were to happen and we move on from the staff I would want AD and Boogie to be heavily involved in the process for our next coach. I really hope both Dell and Gentry stay around with how close we finally are to putting those last few pieces of the puzzle together. We have shed every bad contract and the borderline ones like Hill/Ajinca will be very moveable as expirings and fillers on the near future. We have a couple of nice young players along with our core in Jrue/AD/Boogie still yet to enter their prime or just getting started in it. This team is literally 1 stud and 1 solid bench player away from being a serious contender imo. The hardest part is done and with FA over the next 2 off seasons along with the trade market I have no doubt we put the remaining pieces to the puzzle together and complete this team.

This is still a process and shouldn't be forced to happen this summer. We need to be patient and enjoy where this team is at and where we can go. I think 18'/19' season is going to be a fun one where we continue to improve and build while 19'/20' is when we have the team that can seriously contend for the next 5+ years while unbeatable teams like the Warriors won't be the same and it could be the Pelicans who look like that unbeatable team. Just think if we land a Wall, Lillard, Leonard, or Booker through trade or FA in a couple years we are the new super team.. I don't think it will take that to win big but crazier things have happened. Dirk and the Mavs should give Pels fans a lot of hope we are no doubt on the path to create what it takes to win and we have more top end talent then they did just need to now complete the team like they had.

Let's hope for a win tonight, but 1 loss in 11 games and to give AD some rest and heal up that ankle for the rest of the season is a small price to pay for the bigger picture. Don't count the guys out, they can pull out a victory at home. We will need a 20+ points from Jrue and Niko and at least 4 other players in double figures in points to win. Also, We need lots of ball movement to create shots hoping for 30+ assists and less than 12 turnovers.

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    Let's hope for a win tonight, but 1 loss in 11 games and to give AD some rest and heal up that ankle for the rest of the season is a small price to pay for the bigger picture. Don't count the guys out, they can pull out a victory at home. We will need a 20+ points from Jrue and Niko and at least 4 other players in double figures in points to win. Also, We need lots of ball movement to create shots hoping for 30+ assists and less than 12 turnovers.
    agreeeed.... we can play one or two without AD... it's not ideal, but I'm hopeful. We'll get back on track. It isn't doomsday, yet.. I know the west is tight, but a lot of the other teams chasing playoff seeds have very tough schedules... It's going to be okay. People are acting like this is when Boogie went down all over again. Let's keep the good vibes going... It took a long time to get here...

I thought when this season started that our best bet was a 6th-7th seed and going into next season with a real shot to be competitive.

The fact that we are currently half game out of the 3 seed without Cousins says a lot about this team.

I'm excited for how this season will wrap up but anyone not pumped about next year is crazy. This team is a move or two away from really competing at the highest level. All I ever really wanted for the Pels was to make it interesting again like when we had CP3, Chandler and DWest. Those teams never did anything big but they were competitive enough for the city to get into basketball.

Number 11 will guide us to our 11th straight win tonight....it is destiny. Geaux Pels!!!!

I'm coming around on Gentry and Demps. I would like to see long-term success before I am willing to move them anywhere higher than the middle of the pack in their respective departments, but I see progress.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    Sorry but I don't believe in this team without AD. We have zero chance to win friday game If he’s not playing. Can We finally stay healthy? Please! This team is like one big Hospital, always something... #Pelslife
    Zero chance? No way. It will be tougher for sure, but our guys have been playing with grit and determination recently and it's perfectly possible we pull out the win.
    Basketball.

Finally able to make it down here from Indy for work yesterday and excited to finally see Pels play in home arena and then of course AD gets hurt and will miss game. Ugh. Still going though! Geaux Pelicans!

Can afford to lose this game, but prefer some more breathing room for a big stretch in a couple of days. I feel like the team right now can compete on the defensive end against obvipus lesser team as of late pretty well at times minus mental lapses. They have been getting after it and keeping teams off balance. Feeling an L on this one. It was a fun streak tho. Excited to bounce back Sunday if we lose. Hoping we can pull out a W. No AD or Wall. So, this will probably be another exciting close game that'll frustrate me to death.

More excited for next year with a full squad. Pieces are really coming together.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    LoL this is so on point.. it took like 7 games into the winning streak before people started acting this way. I pull optimism out of every loss and realize this is a season long grind not judgement on a 1 to 5 games stretch. Teams play bad at times for stretches and lose to teams they shouldn't lose to. It happens and it's the NBA where any team can beat anybody. Gentry has put out the #3 offense in the NBA this year yet people think they would do a better job. I think people will be able to handle 1 loss after this streak but give it 2 in a row and watch this board blow up. Not only do we need to be realistic about the next game without AD we also need to be realistic that making the playoffs is still no lock by any means. Looking at the current 8, 9, and 10 seeds I would be upset if we couldn't make it over any of them but they all have the ability to get hot and if we just slip a little that's it. Looking at the 3-7 seeds I could see any of these teams sitting in the top or bottom half of the bracket.

I have always thought Gentry was a very good coach and players love him. I have always thought Dell has been a very solid GM outside of a few bad deals in hindsight but go find me a GM that's doesn't make them. As good as I believe they are injuries or not we need to make the playoffs. If the worst were to happen and we move on from the staff I would want AD and Boogie to be heavily involved in the process for our next coach. I really hope both Dell and Gentry stay around with how close we finally are to putting those last few pieces of the puzzle together. We have shed every bad contract and the borderline ones like Hill/Ajinca will be very moveable as expirings and fillers on the near future. We have a couple of nice young players along with our core in Jrue/AD/Boogie still yet to enter their prime or just getting started in it. This team is literally 1 stud and 1 solid bench player away from being a serious contender imo. The hardest part is done and with FA over the next 2 off seasons along with the trade market I have no doubt we put the remaining pieces to the puzzle together and complete this team.

This is still a process and shouldn't be forced to happen this summer. We need to be patient and enjoy where this team is at and where we can go. I think 18'/19' season is going to be a fun one where we continue to improve and build while 19'/20' is when we have the team that can seriously contend for the next 5+ years while unbeatable teams like the Warriors won't be the same and it could be the Pelicans who look like that unbeatable team. Just think if we land a Wall, Lillard, Leonard, or Booker through trade or FA in a couple years we are the new super team.. I don't think it will take that to win big but crazier things have happened. Dirk and the Mavs should give Pels fans a lot of hope we are no doubt on the path to create what it takes to win and we have more top end talent then they did just need to now complete the team like they had.
    Acting what way? Ive been sitting in my seats through Hornets-Pelicans games since before Dan Dickau. I go to 30 games a year, Thats what a fan (short for FANATIC) does.When they lose,we contemplate what could be, if our components didnt stink or are injured. If we win,we contemplate how good or how much better we would be if our components were better or are not injured. I didnt like the Gentry hire, still dont. Ive never disliked Dell. I certainly give Gentry credit for what this team has done this season. I definitely think Gentry is a players coach. Being a players coach isnt an automatic bedfellow to being a good coach.There is no REALISTIC when being a fan (Thus the fanatic part). Realistic has more gradation in it than ants at a picnic. Just because MYTHROL's, (the Psychoanalyst of all psychoanalyst) POV is realistic(to him)- It certainly does not define realistic. Ive been spending my money, realistically for over a decade & if I want my REALISTIC to be different than Mythrol's, well by golly, it will be.

I have not been the biggest fan of Dell or Gentry, but you got to give credit where credit is due. We would not be where we are today without either of them. I look at it like Tom Brady and Bill Bellichek....I do not like them both, but just don't like them does not mean you can't respect or give credit when they do really good stuff. I used to HATE Michael Jordan....He beat out my Jazz teams with Malone and Stockton so many times, but he gets credit from me for being one of the best since he dominated the NBA while playing. I don't understand the mindset if you hates a player/coach/GM means that you have to hate everything about them and vice versa with liking a player/coach/GM.
    Last edited by msw2024; 03-09-2018 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I'm coming around on Gentry and Demps. I would like to see long-term success before I am willing to move them anywhere higher than the middle of the pack in their respective departments, but I see progress.
    Well,buckle up because this DISPLAY has certainly bought Gentry his Team Option for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Well,buckle up because this DISPLAY has certainly bought Gentry his Team Option for next year.
    As it should, as it should have Monty, but things happen. I am willing to give them another year to see what they can do together. Like they say, a broken clock is right twice.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    As it should, as it should have Monty, but things happen. I am willing to give them another year to see what they can do together. Like they say, a broken clock is right twice.
    Gentry deserves his final year (as of now). Still games to play. But, assuming Boogie comes back mostly healthy, this team will be EXPECTED to make noise next year.

...we get to go McDonalds
    We can win tonight. Vegas has us as just a 3 point underdog.

Jrue needs to step up tonight.

We can win but Jrue is going to have to lockdown Beal and give this team an efficient 30+ points and keep the turnovers down.

He can do it, and I am much more confident in him recently than seasons past where he was much more Jekyll/Hyde, so I am sneakily optimistic about this game.

Thankfully though we have created a decent enough cushion that we can lose this game and still be alright.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Jrue needs to step up tonight.

We can win but Jrue is going to have to lockdown Beal and give this team an efficient 30+ points and keep the turnovers down.

He can do it, and I am much more confident in him recently than seasons past where he was much more Jekyll/Hyde, so I am sneakily optimistic about this game.

Thankfully though we have created a decent enough cushion that we can lose this game and still be alright.
    Im looking forward to Rondo schooling Satoransky.

Thread Information