Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The all too frequent "Anthony Davis" MRI Results Watch, 3rd This Season

OG Hornets Fan - Est. 1988 TxAggie713's Avatar

The all too frequent "Anthony Davis" MRI Results Watch, 3rd This Season

We had the really scary knee injury in late October vs. Portland then the other really scary non-contact groin in early December vs. Utah not to mention the ribs Monday vs. LAC. I swear this is the 3rd full day this year I have wasted hours constantly refreshing twitter searching "Anthony Davis MRI". I know I'm not the only one!

Plus I got plans to drive to SA 3/15 for Pels-Spurs then fly to NO for Celtics and Rockets that weekend. This is after traveling to GS and Boston in the last 2 years and AD being out injured. Can we all pray for some luck and durability for our franchise guy? I don't know how much more of this I can take.

To be fair the ribs were only an x ray.

Correct... I didn't include that as one of the 3 MRIs and plus we knew he was good in a short time during the same game.

He will play with his foot cut off

I need to know what’s up before I buy tickets for tomorrow night lol
    RIP FlyGirl

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    I hope AD’s injury won’t keep him out too long. No update on mri yet. If it’s not too serious and they decide to keep him out for the wizards game I hope we get to see a lot of Diallo. All Diallo needs is more experience and confidence. I think he’s got serious potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd imagine John Wall will be missing?

Just heard he’s doubtful for Friday, 2 minutes after buying my tickets.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post

We are still going to crush the Wizards. Time for Diallo.

Could be worse, but doubtful is bad news. Wizards should take care of that game with no AD, and we really can't afford losses especially at home

Really sucks cause Friday will be packed, hype is at an all-time high, and now AD likely won't play meaning we likely lose #PelsLife

From Woj just now:

"MRI results on New Orleans Pelicans star Anthony Davis’ left ankle revealed a sprain, league source tells ESPN. He’s day to day and doubtful for Friday game."

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    Could be worse, but doubtful is bad news. Wizards should take care of that game with no AD, and we really can't afford losses especially at home

Really sucks cause Friday will be packed, hype is at an all-time high, and now AD likely won't play meaning we likely lose #PelsLife
    Why should the Wizards take of business ? I'll take Rondo & Jrue over Saturansky & Beal all freakin day. Porter, Morris & Gortat! I'm not sceeeeeered . EMEKA, NICO & ETwaun can handle business. Bring it on.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    We are still going to crush the Wizards. Time for Diallo.

You are right! BRING OUT THE HAMMER DIALLO! Let's GO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Why should the Wizards take of business ? I'll take Rondo & Jrue over Saturansky & Beal all freakin day. Porter, Morris & Gortat! I'm not sceeeeeered . EMEKA, NICO & ETwaun can handle business. Bring it on.
    We can do just fine without Cousins. We can't do just fine without Cousins AND Davis. This wizards team is no joke. With AD we'd be slightly favored. Without him...well, it's not good

Also worth noting that Solomon Hill, who was supposed to be back weeks ago but surprisingly was ruled out during our past road trip, is still listed as OUT for tomorrow. Incredible

My issue isn't necessarily the starting lineup, it's with the lack of depth we have with the bigs. We were already playing all 4 minutes before this injury. I would not be shocked if Niko plays something like 42 minutes. Okafor will see a big uptick in his minutes as well.

Fortunately from the sound of it AD should be back after a game or two. Winning those 3 games in a row was huge just because of the space it gave us against teams that lost games they shouldn't have.

I probably rest AD in like some cry chamber through Saturday night to get him ready for the Jazz game, because that is the huge one. Wizards loss won't mean much long run. A Jazz win would be huge because it's basically a 2 game swing.

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    We can do just fine without Cousins. We can't do just fine without Cousins AND Davis. This wizards team is no joke. With AD we'd be slightly favored. Without him...well, it's not good
    This Wizards team is no joke? Lol . Good teams lose to bad teams . We are NOT a bad team & Wall isn't playing. Porter is also (Q) . We are going to run run run & run some more. EMEKA & Chieck will do fine against Gortat & Mahinmi. So, Debbie Downer, it's time to hop on the Holiday Express . Run run run.

!!! DAMN STRAIGHT... THERE IS NO ROOM FOR HATERS THE REST OF THIS SEASON. TIME TO BELIEVE PEOPLE.

It's not hating to be realistic. We will have 3 healthy bigs for this game, all 3 of which are better as low minute usage guys. We will probably be asking one to play over 40 minutes and the other two basically double what they usually play a game. If just one of them gets into any type of foul trouble that screws with the rotation even more.

I'm not saying it's an automatic loss, but this will be a close fought game where the Wizards will have a clear advantage inside. We have to hope our advantage with guards is able to overcome that.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Out of necessity they will play a lot small ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    It's not hating to be realistic. We will have 3 healthy bigs for this game, all 3 of which are better as low minute usage guys. We will probably be asking one to play over 40 minutes and the other two basically double what they usually play a game. If just one of them gets into any type of foul trouble that screws with the rotation even more.

I'm not saying it's an automatic loss, but this will be a close fought game where the Wizards will have a clear advantage inside. We have to hope our advantage with guards is able to overcome that.
    And w/out Wall & possibly Porter, who has the big advantage playing small ball, running up and down the court?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post

Yeah, i know... i just think we need to keep the vibes good around here!... anything is possible if we can win without boogie the way we have been... I think we are perfectly capable of winning the game without AD. There are a lot of realist on this board, myself included. It might just be time to believe!

I think the insurance for us if its a possible loss is portland playing golden st and the spurs playing boston. i see both losses for them. which would keep us all in the same spot going into saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    And w/out Wall & possibly Porter, who has the big advantage playing small ball, running up and down the court?
    As I said, they have the advantage inside and we have it with our guards. We will get destroyed on the boards if AD doesn't play.

This is not a gimme game by any means and I'd say odds are in Washington's favor. This is a realistic take, not hating. People should hope for a win but expect a close fought loss if AD doesn't play.

Thread Information