Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Chicago Fan Board - Pels draft pick

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Mirotic does it all, so even if his shot isn't falling, he is still an asset on the court. He reads the game very well!

Lol thread locked

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    Mirotic does it all, so even if his shot isn't falling, he is still an asset on the court. He reads the game very well!
    If he’s consistent and continues to hit his shots it’s going to really give this team a boost for the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thisisowen View Post
    Luck with Mirotic and Boogie for sure.... Foresight with Jrue.

Why is it when the guy hits on a move that's from left field it's luck but when it's something obvious it's foresight....stupid. Demps has transformed this team into a real contender. Imagine next year's team that has an AD, Boogie, Jrue, and Niko core....they will be a top 4 team without a doubt. That core could win 55 or more games and I expect them too. All because of Demps being able to make the moves he made and that he went in on....I commend the man.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blindambition25 View Post
    Why is it when the guy hits on a move that's from left field it's luck but when it's something obvious it's foresight....stupid. Demps has transformed this team into a real contender. Imagine next year's team that has an AD, Boogie, Jrue, and Niko core....they will be a top 4 team without a doubt. That core could win 55 or more games and I expect them too. All because of Demps being able to make the moves he made and that he went in on....I commend the man.
    yes indeed!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blindambition25 View Post
    But what if you already decided you don't like Demps? He has to suck and be fired. That would mean my earlier held opinion was wrong. And I refuse to admit being wrong. In fact, double down and blow up the whole team is what I say. Nothing Demps does can be good. Because I wanna be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    But what if you already decided you don't like Demps? He has to suck and be fired. That would mean my earlier held opinion was wrong. And I refuse to admit being wrong. In fact, double down and blow up the whole team is what I say. Nothing Demps does can be good. Because I wanna be right.
    There's definitely a big problem with people not being able to admit to making mistakes.

Last season, even before we'd played a single game, I thought Dell was useless and we should move on from him, let him go, fire him, however you wanna phrase it. He then proceeded to make the Boogie trade, and I thought he'd earned another chance, but free agency came and went and I was unsure how good Clark and Rondo were gonna be for us.

Fast forward to now; we know the Boogie trade was great for sure, Clark has turned out to be a gem, Rondo looks like he can still turn it on when he wants, the Niko trade was awesome, and Okafor was a great find. I was wrong, Dell's earned his credit and he's done a great job over the last 18 months.
    Basketball.

I thought Dell's first run at the playoffs with a core of Jrue, Ryno, Tyreke and Gordon was a good one barring injury. Even with bad injury luck with Jrue, AD, Ryno, and Gordon they still made the playoffs with that core.

He hit the restart button and did an even better job this time around. Not a fan of the Gentry hire anymore but despite that, just would like to see what this team can do without catastrophic injuries for ONCE.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I'll admit. I had given into despair briefly after Cousins got hurt. It bummed me out so bad. And then AD was trying to play like Cousins instead of playing like himself. And then we went on a freaking tear.

The most frustrating thing of it all is I know we'd be one of the best teams in the league if only we had another high caliber player on the win. I hope to heaven Frank Jackson can give us 65% of what Donovan Mitchell is for Utah.

But I'd really like more for Demps to somehow pull off one more Supervillain move. To somehow land Kawhi Leonard or Paul George. But more realistically, snagging Evan Fournier or Nic Batum might be

If Cousins comes back at even 80% the team is set. Thats with everybody healthy that is. I'd like Solo to fulfill his role in the starting lineup. Mirotic, Clark, and Moore off the bench is solid. Diallo with another offseason of growth. Frank Jackson contributing is the icing for a for sure top 2 seed.

Just have to wonder what will they do about Rondo for next year. Do NOT want Jrue as the pg. He's fine right where he is.

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    Lol thread locked
    Yeah it was pretty funny. It started to get heated between bulls fans pulling for Niko to succeed with us and some anti Niko fans. They did actually Lock the old thread because of it, but they started another one and pulled for everyone we played to beat us including this game against the Spurs. They have some pretty disappointed fans right now especially since ironic enough Niko got so hot for them and ruined the tank for them and shaved his Beard and went off for us to help us win these final few games and kill any chance they had of our pick becoming a lottery pick. Link to new thread. https://forums.realgm.com/boards/vie...3068&start=260

Quote Originally Posted by 23speedkillz View Post
    Yeah it was pretty funny. It started to get heated between bulls fans pulling for Niko to succeed with us and some anti Niko fans. They did actually Lock the old thread because of it, but they started another one and pulled for everyone we played to beat us including this game against the Spurs. They have some pretty disappointed fans right now especially since ironic enough Niko got so hot for them and ruined the tank for them and shaved his Beard and went off for us to help us win these final few games and kill any chance they had of our pick becoming a lottery pick. Link to new thread. https://forums.realgm.com/boards/vie...3068&start=260
    thanks... the schadenfreude has been delicious.

I read every page of the first one... this one has shown their fans to be pretty decent. this isn't grade A schadenfreude like when the falcons blew a 28-3 lead in the superbowl… but good
    Last edited by wnelson; 04-12-2018 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    thanks... the schadenfreude has been delicious.
    LMAO
    Last edited by 23speedkillz; 04-12-2018 at 12:04 AM.

Thread Information