Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans VS Spurs - Let's Go Into The Postseason with Style

Pelicans VS Spurs - Let's Go Into The Postseason with Style

Now that we've got our playoff spot locked up, let's make it the best spot we can get!

Last time we made the playoffs, we beat the Spurs in the season's final game. Time to repeat that. Let's go!
    Basketball.

Pretty solid early start, a bunch of guys on the board already

Both teams focused early

Jrue showing how much he could be an offensive force, absolutely reducing Danny Green's defense to nothing

How many times have we seen that this season? AD erasing something on one end, and us scoring perfectly on the other end?

On a side note, Pop going crazy over the contact on that block after he literally coached Bruce Bowen for years is amazing.

Mirotic is a perfect example why people need to just shut up sometimes and let a player get through a slump. Wasn't but a week ago half the board would have traded another 1st round pick along with Mirotic for Asik back.

So if we lose to the Spurs we get the 8th seed no matter what or does it depend on the outcome of other teams as well? I know a win guarantees us a 4th-5th seed but just wondering what a loss does.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    So if we lose to the Spurs we get the 8th seed no matter what or does it depend on the outcome of other teams as well? I know a win guarantees us a 4th-5th seed but just wondering what a loss does.
    Wish I could answer, but the seedings this year are a wretched hive of villainy and I daren't look at them too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Wish I could answer, but the seedings this year are a wretched hive of villainy and I daren't look at them too much.
    LoL it hurts my brain trying to figure out the tie breakers and who gets what..

How is it this team is now in the playoffs and winning can only get max 8 pages on a game thread.. yet when we were losing we got a minimum of 20 pages alone dedicated to firing Gentry and Dell?!

How is it this team is now in the playoffs and winning can get max 8 pages on a game thread.. yet when we were losing we got a minimum of 20 pages alone dedicated to firing Gentry and Dell?!
    I don't know. I'm kinda disappointed, but I don't know whether I should be. Is everyone just at the game instead of on the thread or something? That would be cool

Crowd is fun. Loud and energetic.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    How is it this team is now in the playoffs and winning can get max 8 pages on a game thread.. yet when we were losing we got a minimum of 20 pages alone dedicated to firing Gentry and Dell?!
    It's the same on SaintsReport. During that 0-2 start, that place was dramatic. Even I, usually an eternal optimist, was feeling the negativity. The streak started and posts per thread went down a good bit. Being angry motivates people to rash posting more than being happy and content with things. Or almost like if they enjoy it too much, it'll end.

They call us fanatics for ar eason. Ain't something rational.

I don't know. I'm kinda disappointed, but I don't know whether I should be. Is everyone just at the game instead of on the thread or something? That would be cool
    I'm at the game. It's pretty great.

nice out of the 2nd quarter there!

LoL I saw where you asked the other night where is everyone.. I was gonna respond with just be at the game lmao!! Funny you said that.. I'll be at the playoff games but decided to stay home and give away tonight's tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    Crowd is fun. Loud and energetic.
    Great to hear! The playoffs should really do a lot for local exposure and get some more butts in the seas next season.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Except for that play with the turnover, I like this lineup. Everyone can hit from 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    It's the same on SaintsReport. During that 0-2 start, that place was dramatic. Even I, usually an eternal optimist, was feeling the negativity. The streak started and posts per thread went down a good bit. Being angry motivates people to rash posting more than being happy and content with things. Or almost like if they enjoy it too much, it'll end.

They call us fanatics for ar eason. Ain't something rational.
    Lmao yea you are right!! I don't even go to Saints Report when we lose.. atleast here I only have to sort through a handful of pages when there it's a 100 pages..

LoL I saw where you asked the other night where is everyone.. I was gonna respond with just be at the game lmao!! Funny you said that.. I'll be at the playoff games but decided to stay home and give away tonight's tickets.
    If I didn't live literally 4500 miles away, I'd be there.

Going into the playoffs with Jrue and Mirotic playing well is huge.

jrue holiday came to play!!! now we just need AD to step up in a big game

If I didn't live literally 4500 miles away, I'd be there.
    WoW where do you live? If you ever make it in for a game I got tickets waiting for ya!

Solo gets a nothing foul down one end then smashed down the other end and nothing

My most hated thing about the NBA is reffing inconsistency

WoW where do you live? If you ever make it in for a game I got tickets waiting for ya!
    England! I'm one of those international guys. Thanks though, I'll be sure to hold you to that if I'm ever in the US

Thread Information