Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chicago Fan Board - Pels draft pick

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   

Chicago Fan Board - Pels draft pick

Really funny forum from Bulls fans about our draft pick this year. https://forums.realgm.com/boards/vie...f=10&t=1668233

What a steal, this pick is going to end up being mid twenty range and not only did we get rid of asik but also got Niko for this year and a great deal next year. What a great trade.

Niko was pretty trash v Clippers though. Worst defence I've seen him play so far and bad shooting from 3

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    he spaces the floor so well and will hit threes at a better rate than this. Just wait til he can play with Boogie and AD and we can limit his minutes to his normal rate. Even solo coming back can help with that. Overall i've been impressed with him, a lot of stuff he can improve on but I think he's a completely different and better type of 4 than Ryan Anderson was for us. Defense is miles better than RA's along with different aspects of niko's offensive game.

All things considered we have done better so far with the trade.

The emeka okafor signing and this trade have been huge for dell demps. When you factor in shedding the asik contract and getting a player who could help us win now it seems like a huge win for dell and the pelicans.

That was pretty funny to read.
    RIP FlyGirl

Let them keep praying and we will keep winning!

ouch... he didn't have a great game, but he did get 9, a few rebounds and he spaced the floor well... i saw a lot of picks out there by him. he is a hustler. I love threekola... the guys knows how to win. Dell is absolutely the luckiest GM in the world... he had a LOT of foresight trading Noel away and getting us Jrue. Jrue/AD are the reason people will want to come HERE!... and Boogie too...

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Niko was pretty trash v Clippers though. Worst defence I've seen him play so far and bad shooting from 3
    In all fairness, none of our bigs, except for Okafor, were stopping their bigs.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    They are gonna be supremely pissed when Niko starts playing better and Solo comes back to soak up some minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thisisowen View Post
    ouch... he didn't have a great game, but he did get 9, a few rebounds and he spaced the floor well... i saw a lot of picks out there by him. he is a hustler. I love threekola... the guys knows how to win. Dell is absolutely the luckiest GM in the world... he had a LOT of foresight trading Noel away and getting us Jrue. Jrue/AD are the reason people will want to come HERE!... and Boogie too...
    Is it foresight or luck? It's not really both. I'd say he had good foresight, rather than luck.

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    Is it foresight or luck? It's not really both. I'd say he had good foresight, rather than luck.
    Luck with Mirotic and Boogie for sure.... Foresight with Jrue.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    How are Mirotic and Boogie luck? Dell did his research, made the approach, and landed both players. That isn't luck.

they know the took ASIK right? those guys are sick

Can we take a step back and appreciate the fact that Reke Havoc posted again. That’s just nice.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by RekeHavoc View Post
    Really funny forum from Bulls fans about our draft pick this year. https://forums.realgm.com/boards/vie...f=10&t=1668233

What a steal, this pick is going to end up being mid twenty range and not only did we get rid of asik but also got Niko for this year and a great deal next year. What a great trade.
    Welcome back old friend.

I throughly enjoyed reading the posts as they started with so much glee and happiness and slowly transitioned to dispair. It felt like reading a Panthers or Falcons forum this season.

Everyone, Let's not forget that we also got a 2nd round pick along with Mirotic as well cleared the roster spots to sign Okafor and Liggins.

I mean this trade is nearly on the level of win as the Boogie trade.

Heres something even more interesting I was just thinking about. The original Cousins trade involved 2 1st rounders instead of just Buddy and 1. Dell played hardball and was able to change it to 2 2nds instead of that extra 1st. That is the ONLY reason we were able to trade this 1st.

So if we look at them as a whole we traded:

Buddy Hield, 1 mid/late lottery 1st, 2 2nds, 1 late non lottery 1st, filler

For

DeMarcus Cousins, Niko Mirotic, 2nd round pick, ability to dump Asik

What an absolutely insane flip of assets.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Welcome back old friend.

I throughly enjoyed reading the posts as they started with so much glee and happiness and slowly transitioned to dispair. It felt like reading a Panthers or Falcons forum this season.

Everyone, Let's not forget that we also got a 2nd round pick along with Mirotic as well cleared the roster spots to sign Okafor and Liggins.

Heres something even more interesting I was just thinking about. The original Cousins trade involved 2 1st rounders instead of just Buddy and 1. Dell played hardball and was able to change it to 2 2nds instead of that extra 1st. That is the ONLY reason we were able to trade this 1st.

For

Great point.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Welcome back old friend.

For

Not long ago some posters were saying they could coach better than Gentry or do a better job at GM than Demps. It’s funny, where are the geniuses now?

Welcome back old friend.

For

I like where your head is, but wouldn't you have to include what we gave up to land Asik into this equation to give it a full representation of what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    How are Mirotic and Boogie luck? Dell did his research, made the approach, and landed both players. That isn't luck.
    They are luck, because they are guys who are obviously very capeable and ended up leaving a team unexpectedly and under weird circumstances... Both were happy suprises. I'm not saying they fell into his lap exactly... Obviously, he did some work to make the deal happen, but we lucked out on those guys fizzling out with their previous teams, at just the right time.... I'm not looking to bicker... Go Pels

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Not long ago some posters were saying they could coach better than Gentry or do a better job at GM than Demps. It’s funny, where are the geniuses now?

Still here, still believing.

They are luck, because they are guys who are obviously very capeable and ended up leaving a team unexpectedly and under weird circumstances... Both were happy suprises. I'm not saying they fell into his lap exactly... Obviously, he did some work to make the deal happen, but we lucked out on those guys fizzling out with their previous teams, at just the right time.... I'm not looking to bicker... Go Pels
    Its true, Vlade Divac and Gar Forman aren't exactly RC Buford and Jerry West. Outsmarting them isn't quite outsmarting Big Blue in a game of chess.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    If hes gonna be bad, Ill take 33% from 3. If thats gonna be his worst trashy, then Im good with it.

By that logic, all trades require luck. In order to make a trade, you need the opportunity to make a trade. If you were going to single out a trade on the basis of luck, I would point out the Boogie trade.

The Boogie trade was "lucky" from the perspective that we were dealing with an incompetent GM and their organization's infatuation with Buddy. At the same time, credit needs to be given to Dell for taking advantage of the opportunity and negotiating the asking price down from 2 first round picks to 1 first and 2 second round picks.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 03-07-2018 at 02:29 PM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I like where your head is, but wouldn't you have to include what we gave up to land Asik into this equation to give it a full representation of what happened?
    I wouldn't think so since Asik was already on a contract that he signed with us. The idea wasn't to trace back the history of moves because then I'd have to look at what we gave up to get Tyreke, what player did we drop or pass on signing to be able to sign Galloway? Etc. It'd be a never ending path so I just view all of that as sunk cost and looked at what assets we went into the trade deadline with last year and what we came out with at the end of them this year.

Thread Information