Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans vs Mavericks game thread.

Are we like the Gentry Phoenix teams of old who just plain outscore you and don't really play a whole lot of D?

We're the 4th seed in the West.
    Basketball.

Diallo is absolutely going to create a Marcin Gortat situation for us. A guy that develops into something way too good to be a back up getting 5-10 minutes a game behind superstars.

This time next season he is going to have every GM taking notice with the way he is growing. He is a fairly perfect modern small ball big that pretty much any team could use if he develops some more.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Are we like the Gentry Phoenix teams of old who just plain outscore you and don't really play a whole lot of D?

Yeah, including the slightly improving defense down the stretch.

That was the one thing he managed to get out of D'Antoni's squad when he took over. He kept the offense flowing and turned up the D just a bit, and the Pels have been doing that as well recently.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    We're @ Clippers next. Very tough game
    True. The Clipps are scrappy AF, and they will make us work for that win. I have learned to respect Doc as a coach this season. He has done a great job with Lou williams being his best player.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I’m very pleased with this team.
    RIP FlyGirl

I'm proud of our guys. Yes, it took us a few games to get it together after Boogie went down but we're doing everything we should right now. We're killing it.

Killing right into the 4 seed now!

Would be crazy to have all this happen with Boogie going down and end up with a home field advantage for a series.

Makes you think this team very well would of had the third seed on lock if Cousins hadn't gone down.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Diallo is absolutely going to create a Marcin Gortat situation for us. A guy that develops into something way too good to be a back up getting 5-10 minutes a game behind superstars.

This time next season he is going to have every GM taking notice with the way he is growing. He is a fairly perfect modern small ball big that pretty much any team could use if he develops some more.
    I think Diallo takes over as first big off the bench after mirotic leaves after next season. He will get big min moving forward hopefully this season and next I expect 10-12 min a game. Year after next is diallo time as Niko may command a near max deal.

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    I think Diallo takes over as first big off the bench after mirotic leaves after next season. He will get big min moving forward hopefully this season and next I expect 10-12 min a game. Year after next is diallo time as Niko may command a near max deal.
    The cap situation for most teams will make Niko getting the max difficult.
    If he was a FA in 3 years or two previous yes, but he enters free agency at the wrong time for him.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    The cap situation for most teams will make Niko getting the max difficult.
    If he was a FA in 3 years or two previous yes, but he enters free agency at the wrong time for him.
    Yeah Niko isn't sniffing even close to the max

Pels are having fun and playing loose and aggressive which spells danger for the rest of the western conference. I want a 10 game win streak!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I think he will be 20+ after next season imho

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yeah im thinking 16M to stay with the Pel's and about 18M to go to a non playoff team.

I think he will be 20+ after next season imho
    Only teams with that sort of room will be Chicago, Dallas and Atlanta. I don't think he's an ideal fit for rebuilding teams though

I agree he may sign for less to win...

For real tho, he is ecstatic to be in New Orleans.

Great win and nice effort to make this 8W! Now its time for big test - We Will need Emeka presence inside to slow Da Jordan. Good game coming up.... Hope Okafor will be ready.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Yeah im thinking 16M to stay with the Pel's and about 18M to go to a non playoff team.
    Sounds about right to me. Possibly a little less depending on how the cap goes

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Nico isn't going anywhere. He re-signs here. We will have expiring Moore's 8 million(easy trade piece) & NICO isn't getting max from anybody. Not even close. Pels will find a way to keep Mirotic! Guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Nico isn't going anywhere. He re-signs here. We will have expiring Moore's 8 million(easy trade piece) & NICO isn't getting max from anybody. Not even close. Pels will find a way to keep Mirotic! Guaranteed.
    Sounds good

I have the pelicans in the 3rd seed by Wednesday night after a win over Sacramento

That Guy Lemon should play 5 minutes or less in games vs serious competition. Rondo or Jrue should always be on the floor or let moore or ian clark handle the ball. because Im not sure i trust that lemon kid just yet in big games

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post

I have been saying for a while now he can change this franchise. He will no doubt be a very good asset and trade chip for us. He won't be able to provide the type of impact next year as our 4th big as we could bring back in a trade for him. When you look at what some very good players get traded for we will absolutely have enough to land stud with Diallo. This kid has all the abilities you can't teach and everything he needs to improve on is teachable.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Did Diallo pull a Mailman dunk? And did Lemon Jr. dunk on someone? How did i miss that? Stupid Oscars I don't even like.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I have been saying for a while now he can change this franchise. He will no doubt be a very good asset and trade chip for us. He won't be able to provide the type of impact next year as our 4th big as we could bring back in a trade for him. When you look at what some very good players get traded for we will absolutely have enough to land stud with Diallo. This kid has all the abilities you can't teach and everything he needs to improve on is teachable.
    Yeah, that looks to be his fate at the moment...which is a shame, because I've been a fan of his for a while. But that's what happens when you have two elite bigs, and Mirotic coming off the bench. The faster Diallo develops, the faster his trade value increases.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Thread Information