Pelicans Report

Thread: Apparently we almost signed T Jones to a 10 day on February 2nd but Dell backed out.

Apparently we almost signed T Jones to a 10 day on February 2nd but Dell backed out.

The Pelicans have "changed course" on a potential 10-day deal with Terrence Jones and will not be signing him.
    Who needs Terrence Jones when you can keep playing superstar Dante Cunningham big minutes instead? All kidding aside, it seems like it's just a matter of time before another NBA team takes a flier on the high-upside forward. Feb 2 - 8:37 PM
    Source: Shams Charania on Twitter

http://rotoworld.com/player/nba/1838/terrence-jones

How is this guy not on an NBA roster?

Why was this thread made?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Why was this thread made?
    Just thought it was interesting that we almost signed him again. But didn't.

But no real point I guess other than useless information. Lol

We got Okafor instead, I'd say we won that coin flip.

Jones for kicked off his China team as well. It's clear there's something going on with him.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Just thought it was interesting that we almost signed him again. But didn't.

But no real point I guess other than useless information. Lol
    Lol much love man!

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Not to sour about this deal.

He appears to have some talent

I remember us talking about this so I went to page 2 to find the thread......then remembered that Sual Bop passed and now I'm sad.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Me either. We need someone who can help us make a final playoffs push. We can talk about Center or points guard. I don't think this guy is the answer. Emeka off course was good pick up but this is wishing for to much. Remember - playoffs is a different ball game.

When Hill returns, there aren't going to be any minutes left for another player. Since Hill should be returning soon, it makes more sense to use a roster spot to take a closer look at a young, raw talent like Lemon. Particularly given the underwhelming options remaining in FA.

Remember playoff rotations shrink; they don't remain the same and they certainly don't expand. As a result, I think Dell is content with our playoff rotation this year assuming Hill is back sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 03-03-2018 at 01:59 AM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    When Hill returns, there aren't going to be any minutes left for another player. Since Hill should be returning soon, it makes more sense to use a roster spot to take a closer look at a young, raw talent like Lemon. Particularly given the underwhelming options remaining in FA.

Remember playoff rotations shrink; they don't remain the same and they certainly don't expand. As a result, I think Dell is content with our playoff rotation this year assuming Hill is back sooner rather than later.
    We've been running a playoff rotation all year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    We've been running a playoff rotation all year.
    It's certainy been closer to a playoff rotation than other teams due to injuries and lack of depth, but no, not the same. If Hill gets starter minutes, Rondo and likely Clark are going to see a significant reduction in the minutes they are getting now. Diallo will get zero minutes. And obviously someone like Lemon would never see the floor.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 03-03-2018 at 01:27 PM.

It has to be because of the developmentAL aspect. Just saw on bird writes that grits is still available. Unless he doesn't want to come back, which I doubt, there must be another reason not to bring him back.

Dell, it's time to get the band back together! Bring back instant grits!

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    It's certainy been closer to a playoff rotation than other teams due to injuries and lack of depth, but no, not the same. If Hill gets starter minutes, Rondo and likely Clark are going to see a significant reduction in the minutes they are getting now. Diallo will get zero minutes. And obviously someone like Lemon would never see the floor.
    Yea I completely agree. Our playoff rotation should look very solid if we stay healthy along with Hill coming back. For now Lemon will be a nice addition to see if he can improve as he gets more experience. He reminds me of Eric Bledsoe and could be a similar player for us on the bench. If he can be a bit along with Frank Jackson then that's one hell of an athletic young guard duo off the bench. If a few things can go the spells way with players this team could be on another level next season.

The TJ and Okafor news all came out within the same few hours. The rumors were that we had a deal with Jones, then it was off, then the news about signing Okafor broke. I'm really not sure why it went down like that. The thing that makes the most sense to me is that Okafor was taking too long to get back to Demps. I like to think it's because reception on a GLeague bus in the middle of nowhere between Indiana and Iowa sucks, so Demps went with Plan B in Jones, and then Okafor finally got into an area with reception, called Demps and Plan A was back on.

As for why they wouldn't want Crawford back, he's the worst defender I've seen since Brian Roberts. Unless he's on fire he's a big negative. Him and Rondo together on defense would be horrific.

Thread Information