Pelicans Report

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans vs Spurs game thread

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    But this defense damn near dead last... But I never recall Gentry teams ever having a stout defense or even middle-of-the-pack. He is doing his job. Fielding a top 5 offense.
    Our defense has been top 10 for the past 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Our defense has been top 10 for the past 2 months.
    Seriously?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

That's a decent sized break. We could have fit the Pacers game on Friday.....
    This all day

They stopped talking about Solo so I'm guessing he had a setback.

The best thing about this win is we beat the Spurs at their home without AD having a "monster" game.

We found a way to win against them and that's big.
    It says volumes about ADs talent that 26/15 isn't considered a particularly impressive game.
    Basketball.

There were so many dates that would have been much better than the one they chose. Absolutely looks like they tried to find the worst possible scenario.
    I'm a grinder

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It says volumes about ADs talent that 26/15 isn't considered a particularly impressive game.
    Scoring 40 plus so many times will do that to you

But….but then they would have to unfairly play a B2B..

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Seriously?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    Yes. 9th in January and I think 7th in February.
    Well technically I said a "monster" game. But I think his numbers for the year are 28/11

Sooooo that's right on his averages.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    But….but then they would have to unfairly play a B2B..
    Yeah so the NBA's solution was 7 games in 10 nights for us and 3 in 4.

Yeah so the NBA's solution was 7 games in 10 nights for us and 3 in 4.
    Makes perfect sense because screw us.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    We need Solo to have zero rust defensively. Like, he needs to be better than ever. Can't wait. We are playing really well.

And, again, has Jrue proven he's a max player?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    We need Solo to have zero rust defensively. Like, he needs to be better than ever. Can't wait. We are playing really well.

And, again, has Jrue proven he's a max player?
    Not a max player. But he doesn't have a max contract. And he's lived up to the one he does have.

This forum needs rep. I enjoy this forum for many reasons.

I say we never lose again. That sounds fun.

Nothing come easy in this season. Props for the Spurs for that close game. They were without Leonard, Gasol, Aldridge, and Poppovic. Really BIG win for us! Everyone was playing really good. Now is time to bring Hill back.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Boogie going down has one positive if their ever was one. AD might realize he can actually win big here and that's without Boogie and potentially another player. Could be huge for him when it comes down to his desire to be a Pelican. Boogie needs to go study every bit of tape of Jokic this offseason.
    Man are you serious? Cousins was playing in a different stratosphere in every category than Jokic. Cousins was clearly the best center in the game. We forgot the Pelicans were on a streak and had just beat the hottest team in basketball when he went down?

Let's not get silly now.

Nice break till our big stretch. Need to start that stretch 7-0 till we face Houston. Since they got GSW on their heels. I wouldn't be surprised if that is a 100% L with Pelicans trying to keep AD fresh for the whole stretch.

Gonna be tough, but I'm gonna love all this Pelicans basketball games... if I don't end up in a hospital from all these close games.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Nice break till our big stretch. Need to start that stretch 7-0 till we face Houston.
    I think you need to lower your expectations a bit. Asking this team that just won 7 games in a row by the slimmest of margins in all 7 games to win 7 MORE games in a row is pure fantasy. These next seven games include games @Clippers and @Spurs again as well as tough home games against the Wizards and Jazz. I'd be ecstatic if we go 5-2 over the next seven.

Quote Originally Posted by Spec3333 View Post
    I think you need to lower your expectations a bit. Asking this team that just won 7 games in a row by the slimmest of margins in all 7 games to win 7 MORE games in a row is pure fantasy. These next seven games include games @Clippers and @Spurs again as well as tough home games against the Wizards and Jazz. I'd be ecstatic if we go 5-2 over the next seven.
    5-2 would be great in my opinion! The Race for playoffs in the West is so tight. It is kinda crazy how close 4-10 are to each other.

50 should be the goal

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    50 should be the goal
    That would be great but I wouldn't bet on it. 45 is more realistic.

That would be great but I wouldn't bet on it. 45 is more realistic.
    So you think they go 10-11 in these last 21 games?

With 35 wins now they would need to go 15-6 to get to 50. It seems within reach to me.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    So you think they go 10-11 in these last 21 games?

With 35 wins now they would need to go 15-6 to get to 50. It seems within reach to me.
    It's not so much the games themselves, more the scheduling. I think we can pencil in probable losses to Golden State, one of the Rockets games, and one of the remaining two Spurs games. So that's three that are pretty reasonable to just chalk off immediately.

For example: I think we can beat the Celtics; we've already proved that in fact. Can we beat them as the third game in four nights, on the second night of a back to back against the Rockets? I don't know.

Obviously we can beat Mavs, Lakers, and Pacers. Can we beat all three of them on consecutive nights? I don't know. Then we play the Rockets again as the fourth game in five nights.

I have faith in our guys and I know we're playing strong basketball. If these last games were over 45 days I'd say 50 wins is a real probability, but with only 39 days to play them all in, I think it's probable we take some losses we wouldn't usually expect.

Edit: TL;Dr, we definitely could finish with 50 but I think the scheduling will screw us out of it by a few games.

Thread Information