Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans vs Spurs game thread

Pelicans vs Spurs game thread

Tonight's game will be a big test. Can we extend this win streak? Ad and Jrue will have to continue playing at the level they have played at recently. And Niko and the rest of the team will need to contribute and we will have a shot to keep this streak rolling.. GO PELS!!!!

Depends if overrated Anthony shows up (sorry, can't help myself)

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    Depends if overrated Anthony shows up (sorry, can't help myself)
    Gasol DOubtful .

Gasol (knee) is out for Wednesday's tilt against the Pelicans, Jabari Young of the San Antonio Express-News reports.

As expected, Gasol, who was listed as doubtful for Wednesday with a left knee bone bruise, will not take the floor against the Pelicans. In his stead, Joffrey Lauvergne and Davis Bertans are candidates to see extra run in the frontcourt.

AD is so much faster than Aldridge and Anderson it's not even funny.
    Basketball.

I have an undying hate for the Spurs as live in the heart of Texas. So... these Spurs games means as much winning playoff games. I hope AD and Jrue just go off.

With Gasol down we even more clearly have the talent advantage.

But the Spurs have Pop. And he is perhaps the only coach in the league capable of taking a lottery team deep into the playoffs after winning 45-50 games with it.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    With Gasol down we even more clearly have the talent advantage.

But the Spurs have Pop. And he is perhaps the only coach in the league capable of taking a lottery team deep into the playoffs after winning 45-50 games with it.
    Pop is a genius coach most of the time, but he's not perfect. There's only so much you can do when you're out-talented by such a considerable margin. With no Gasol, no Kawhi still, and possibly Manu still out I'm not sure, even Pop can't do anything if AD drops 40/15 again.

We might by win by 20

The stat line of Jrue and AD this month have been staggering. I think they are better than patty mills and Aldridge.
    Last edited by wnelson; 02-28-2018 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I have an undying hate for the Spurs as live in the heart of Texas. So... these Spurs games means as much winning playoff games. I hope AD and Jrue just go off.
    I have a healthy respect for the spurs and their entire organization. That being said I think we win but I doubt ad/jrue will go for their usual 60+pts, 15rb, 12ast, and countless steals and blocks. Y'all, I think Jrue has hit his super sayan level and ad has been on his own planet.

And to think, we haven't been good at all at 3 for this run.... We are usually much more accurate. If etwan, mirotic, and miller get hot next month we will hit 50 wins.

Everyone is overlooking the Spurs. This game will not be easy.

We were down by 17 AT HOME to the Suns. Pop will have his team ready and I expect us to have a fight on our hands.

The only benefit is Pop usually throws in the towel early in the 4th if the game is getting out if hand. So if we can create some distance between us he might do the same tonight.

However, with the playoff implications that are on the line for them and us, I'm. Not sure.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 02-28-2018 at 05:50 PM.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    I’m expecting the Spurs to come out with their hair on fire. We tend to bring that out of teams.

Tonight would be a great night for Niko to look like the 2nd best player on the floor. He’s certainly capable of it 🤞🏾🤞🏾

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bertans taking it to AD early on

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    bertans taking it to AD early on
    Overreaction much?

emeka getting KILLED by aldridge

shooting sleeve jrue is really bad so far

Jrue is being fouled every drive.

moore is so bad now

Spurs always irritate me. Mark Twain once said “Give a man a reputation as an early riser and he can sleep 'til noon.”

Similarly, give the Spurs a reputation for being a relatively clean, disciplined team, and they can foul a ton without being called.

Moore man geezus

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

rondo locked in

no one can guard aldridge

moore has to be the worst defender in the league

AD needs some looks that aren't Rondo throwing a lob at indiscriminate height, or getting uncalled maulings.

Thread Information