Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Pelicans vs Suns game thread

The Franchise
    AD pouted a few games after cousins went out but glad he got it out of his system.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    AD pouted a few games after cousins went out but glad he got it out of his system.
    It took Boogie calling him and telling him to get up and play to his potential

One oddly encouraging thing from this win streak is that the Pels have been winning without great three point shooting.

For most of the season you could chart the team's success by its three-point percentage: If we shot well from behind the arc we won or were at least competitive; if we shot poorly we lost, often by blow out.

But during this six game stretch the Pels are undefeated while shooting a very pedestrian 35% on three-pointers. In the last 3 games we've won despite shooting a woeful 29% from long-distance.

Being able to win without leaning on the three-pointer is a sign this team is maturing. Obviously, Davis has elevated his game as we hoped he would after Cousins went down. But it's more than just AD. The team, after a very sluggish stretch following Boogie's injury, is playing with some toughness. They still have those maddening lulls were they look to be coasting and fall behind. But overall they are sharing the ball, going to Davis, and taking smart shots.

I think the team's three-point shooting (especially Mirotic's) will pick up soon. If we can continue to play smart + add a few more three pointers, we have a good chance to make the playoffs and avoid being sacrificial lambs to the Warriors or Rockets in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    One oddly encouraging thing from this win streak is that the Pels have been winning without great three point shooting.

For most of the season you could chart the team's success by its three-point percentage: If we shot well from behind the arc we won or were at least competitive; if we shot poorly we lost, often by blow out.

But during this six game stretch the Pels are undefeated while shooting a very pedestrian 35% on three-pointers. In the last 3 games we've won despite shooting a woeful 29% from long-distance.

Being able to win without leaning on the three-pointer is a sign this team is maturing. Obviously, Davis has elevated his game as we hoped he would after Cousins went down. But it's more than just AD. The team, after a very sluggish stretch following Boogie's injury, is playing with some toughness. They still have those maddening lulls were they look to be coasting and fall behind. But overall they are sharing the ball, going to Davis, and taking smart shots.

I think the team's three-point shooting (especially Mirotic's) will pick up soon. If we can continue to play smart + add a few more three pointers, we have a good chance to make the playoffs and avoid being sacrificial lambs to the Warriors or Rockets in the first round.
    Great post and I agree. AD has been a monster. Averaging 40 points a game in February is crazy!!! I really think Cousins being on this team has helped AD to mature. One good thing, that we came out of Cousins injury, was Cousins calling AD and telling him to be the superstar that he knows he is which lighted the fire that we see now from AD. AD playing like this with Cousins on the team too will be amazing. This makes me so much more comfortable for next year and hopefully the team sees that we need Cousins long term and not to rush him back early to risk a setback.

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    Great post and I agree. AD has been a monster. Averaging 40 points a game in February is crazy!!! I really think Cousins being on this team has helped AD to mature. One good thing that we got out of Cousins injury is Cousins calling AD and telling him to be the superstar that he knows he is and lighting the fire that we see now from AD. AD playing like this with Cousins on the team too will be amazing. This makes me so much more comfortable for next year and hopefully the team sees that we need Cousins long term and not to rush him back early.
    You know what would be amazing those 2 going back and fourth trying to out due each other lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

I like the Teamspirit at the Moment. The confidence to them selfs seems to grow, game after game. After the Boogie Nightmare returns now my hope for a Playoffspot.

Thread Information