Pelicans Report

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans vs Bucks game thread

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    To be fair, the way they have been calling this game, it would of likely been a Austin Rivers vs Mavs redux:

I remember that game, and I remember feeling then as I do now watching the replay, Minty did what was best by walking off the court. A lessor man would have punched a ref in the ear.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert123 View Post
    I think a lot of credit has to be given to Rondo, his leadership is helping us down the strech
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Remember when everyone said giving Jrue that contract was going to destroy us?
    Do you remember all the people well before the contract wanting to give Jrue up for nothing? There was literally 3 people here that believed in Jrue and knew what he was capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Do you remember all the people well before the contract wanting to give Jrue up for nothing? There was literally 3 people here that believed in Jrue and knew what he was capable of.
    I am pleased to say I was glad we resigned him and didn't immediately go crazy over the specifications of the contract either.

And I said he was capable of playing up to it. #notbragging
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    Game over. No defence = no chance to win. Up to another one.
    Wow! When I wake up Today I was really in positive shock. Terrible 1 half, superb 3 quarter and off course OT. #Pelslife LOL.
    We are working hard for this years playoffs. Games like this will matters at the finish. Good job guys!

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I am pleased to say I was glad we resigned him and didn't immediately go crazy over the specifications of the contract either.

And I said he was capable of playing up to it. #notbragging
    I was in the same boat. Like Jrue but price was a little high. Still think a little high but can live with it.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I'm happy to say that I was pleased that we re-signed him. Not gonna lie the injury history concerned me, but overall was happy.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    5 game winning streak and a lesser team Monday. Could be 6 games in a row. I don’t know if they will keep Boggie next year but this could be a top 4 team next year.

Quote Originally Posted by smcgull View Post
    5 game winning streak and a lesser team Monday. Could be 6 games in a row. I don’t know if they will keep Boggie next year but this could be a top 4 team next year.
    Yes we should destroy Phx but they are a plucky team who almost beat Portland if not for an almighty tank.

All signs point to Boogie re-signing with us, so I wouldn't worry too much until we start hearing reports otherwise

That 3rd seed is looking very tasty right now....

Wish we had got our shhht together early in the season.... those silly losses against terrible teams are what’s keeping us out of 3rd right now.

We’re close though and grinding out wins.
    Last edited by England_Hornet; 02-26-2018 at 03:02 AM.
    '' We are here!!''

Quote Originally Posted by England_Hornet View Post

Wish we had got our shhht together early in the season.... those silly losses against terrible t and are what’s keeping us out of 3rd right now.

Yeah those stupid losses are so annoying, but I think there is definite progression with this team. Much better than staying stagnant or god forbid going backwards!

First qualify for the play-offs.
    Then debate about seedings.
    It can go anywhere from 3 down.

And still - Solo is on his way back and Mirotic should unlock his offensive potential.
    Beware.

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    First qualify for the play-offs.
    Then debate about seedings.
    It can go anywhere from 3 down.

And still - Solo is on his way back and Mirotic should unlock his offensive potential.
    Beware.
    Sounds mysterious

Quote Originally Posted by England_Hornet View Post

Wish we had got our shhht together early in the season.... those silly losses against terrible teams are what’s keeping us out of 3rd right now.

Every team has some silly loses. It happens. Especially when we were trying to figure out how to play Cousins and AD together while also managing all the injuries.

We are on upward trend now though. A 6 game streak would be really nice.

well that was an intense game, had quite the frantic feel that 4th and OT. great result to pull out another win. I left for work this morning and saw the halftime score, wasn't looking good and was pleasantly surprised when I caught the score later. Always nice to know you have a w to go home and watch haha.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    I was in the same boat. Like Jrue but price was a little high. Still think a little high but can live with it.
    It's not. It's not. It's not. Matter of fact he's starting to hit incentives to make his pay go up.

Give it up.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    It's not. It's not. It's not. Matter of fact he's starting to hit incentives to make his pay go up.

Give it up.
    Facts.

Jrue is getting paid $25.6m this season. Yes, that's a lot.

But it's less than Melo, who he's been way better than. It's less than Al Horford, who he's been better than. Less than Conley, who (last season) wasn't this good. Same for Millsap. He's been better than Lowry too, who's also getting paid more. He's barely being paid more than Otto Porter, who he's in a different class from.

So yeah, it's a lot of money cause NBA contracts have been insane recently. But he's doing as much for his money as any of those guys. No complaints from me.

Can you really put a price on Jrue when he is carrying us offensively and defensively like he did last night?

In mentioning Mirotic, believe it or not he hasn't been great since he became a Pel:

16-59 (27.6%) from 3
    44-112 (39.3%) from the field
    13-19 (68.4%) from the FT line

-the silver lining for me is that Niko is better than those percentages and I believe will lift us up ever more when his shots start falling again
    -im also pleased by the volume (even with the misses) because in taking a page out of the Rockets playbook, if you simply shoot more shots in a game, you have a higher probability to score more points. the Pelicans took 10 more shots than Milwaukee yesterday which was the only reason they were able to overcome the horrendously one-sided officiating (MIL was 26-29 from the FT line vs NOP 11-14). If we aren't playing with pace and not jacking up shots left and right, yesterday is an easily lost game

Finally I am really excited for Solo to be back. I think it will most benefit Jrue on the defensive end and in the amount of minutes he has to be on the floor. During this 5-game win streak, Jrue's played 39 mpg. He cannot continue to play the way he has if he doesn't get rest.

Quote Originally Posted by deiondeion View Post
    In mentioning Mirotic, believe it or not he hasn't been great since he became a Pel:

16-59 (27.6%) from 3
    44-112 (39.3%) from the field
    13-19 (68.4%) from the FT line

-the silver lining for me is that Niko is better than those percentages and I believe will lift us up ever more when his shots start falling again
    -im also pleased by the volume (even with the misses) because in taking a page out of the Rockets playbook, if you simply shoot more shots in a game, you have a higher probability to score more points. the Pelicans took 10 more shots than Milwaukee yesterday which was the only reason they were able to overcome the horrendously one-sided officiating (MIL was 26-29 from the FT line vs NOP 11-14). If we aren't playing with pace and not jacking up shots left and right, yesterday is an easily lost game

Finally I am really excited for Solo to be back. I think it will most benefit Jrue on the defensive end and in the amount of minutes he has to be on the floor. During this 5-game win streak, Jrue's played 39 mpg. He cannot continue to play the way he has if he doesn't get rest.
    Yea, luckily Niko's defense and energy has been covering for his misses shooting-wise, but it sure would be nice to see him be a more efficient scorer. Consistency has been a knock on him for awhile, but I remember reading an article where Bulls fans would refer to 'March Niko' because he seems to find his stride in the month of March and plays really well then. Let's hope we get more March Niko going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Yea, luckily Niko's defense and energy has been covering for his misses shooting-wise, but it sure would be nice to see him be a more efficient scorer. Consistency has been a knock on him for awhile, but I remember reading an article where Bulls fans would refer to 'March Niko' because he seems to find his stride in the month of March and plays really well then. Let's hope we get more March Niko going forward.
    It's kinda funny because his consistency is one of the things he was touted for earlier this season: he'd only scored in single figures 2 times for the Bulls all year, I think. Typical that he'd fall into a slump as soon as he comes here, but luckily theres plenty of time before the playoffs for him to break out if it.

Let's just wait until the season ends before we start giving out accolades to Holiday and others.

We are still not in the playoffs and can easily still miss them. Sorry for the pessimistic post but I'm just being a realist here.

Quote Originally Posted by stormcenter View Post
    Let's just wait until the season ends before we start giving out accolades to Holiday and others.

We are still not in the playoffs and can easily still miss them. Sorry for the pessimistic post but I'm just being a realist here.
    Even if we miss the playoffs, that doesn't negate what Jrue has already done. That's not "being a realist", it's revisionist history.

Besides, we're currently 6th seed with the 3rd and 4th seeds looking ready to hit a difficult patch due to injuries and failing backup players, all while we're hitting out winning stride.

Pessimism= realism only when the reality looks grim. It doesn't.

are you planning on waiting till the end of your marriage to tell your wife you love her?

she cooks for you now but theres a chance one day the table will be empty and she could file for a divorce. sorry for the pessimism, just being a realist.
    Last edited by deiondeion; 02-26-2018 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stormcenter View Post

So not making the playoffs some how negate what he's done this season lol makes complete sense

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Thread Information