Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans vs Bucks game thread

Quote Originally Posted by gobulls View Post
    I want to see more Holiday/Moore/Miller/Mirotic/Davis together. The spacing there is unreal, and I feel like AD would feast. Good win though, since my Bulls are tanking and I love Niko and AD, I'm following you guys closely the rest of the way.
    That lineup, plus one with Holliday, Clark, Miller, Mirotic, and AD have performed really well so far.

But that lineup you mentioned is +9.6 net rating compared to +4.1 with Rondo in place. The starting lineup with Okafor has actually been pretty good other than today. +8 net rating.

The team is certainly gelling and you can see that with the positive numbers in so many of the lineups. Not like earlier in the season where you saw all sorts of ridiculously wild swings and the starting unit was one of our weakest links.

How about we just go to ot every game lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

I want to see more Holiday/Moore/Miller/Mirotic/Davis together. The spacing there is unreal, and I feel like AD would feast. Good win though, since my Bulls are tanking and I love Niko and AD, I'm following you guys closely the rest of the way.
    Welcome and enjoy your time. The Pels always play close games. For us it's a terrible thing because it's always down to the wire, for you it's going to be an exciting ride.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar

Pelicans vs Bucks game thread

Look at how Jrue played today. WOW. If he keeps this up I think we could keep winning almost every game. We need to beat PHX and then if we face SPURS we could get a seven game win streak and knock them down even more. NOW is the time for the team to catch fire. We have tough games ahead but the possibility of winning and even getting 3rd or 4th seed is very exciting. 23 games left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take the supermax from AD

And give it to Jrue

What a freakin stud

I think a lot of credit has to be given to Rondo, his leadership is helping us down the strech

This was Okafor's 3rd game of his 2nd day contract right? I think so. If it is his 2nd contract is out and we'd have to resign him for the rest of the season.

Otherwise tomorrow night would probably be his last one on his 10 day contract.

I have to assume no matter what he gets resigned for the remainder of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Look at how Jrue played today. WOW. If he keeps this up I think we could keep winning almost every game. We need to beat PHX and then if we face SPURS we could get a seven game win streak and knock them down even more. NOW is the time for the team to catch fire. We have tough games ahead but the possibility of winning and even getting 3rd or 4th seed is very exciting. 23 games left.

I definitely think we need to get some wins now because the schedule is going to have that brutal stretch and we certainly are going to need some buffer room with some obvious schedule losses. We have like 10 games in 15 nights, including our back-to-back-to-back that ends with a trip to Houston with only one days rest after those three games.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    This was Okafor's 3rd game of his 2nd day contract right? I think so. If it is his 2nd contract is out and we'd have to resign him for the rest of the season.

Otherwise tomorrow night would probably be his last one on his 10 day contract.

I have to assume no matter what he gets resigned for the remainder of the year.
    It was his last game. He will have to re-sign for the rest of the season. I'm hoping for a team option also next year.

Niko plays very good defense. He had 4 blocks today. 10 blocks in past five games. He’s a real pest. He’s definitely making a difference for us.

Also Rondo and Jrue are exuding leadership right now. AD has help around him. We have a chance to really make a push now.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    It was his last game. He will have to re-sign for the rest of the season. I'm hoping for a team option also next year.
    Absolutely.

Okafor is a perfect fit for what we need for 10-15 minutes a night to preserve AD's body and help ease Cousins back into the team when he inevitably signs and slowly gets going for next season.

I think it's a given that you'll make the playoffs, to be honest. If you were a lottery team, I'd care more about that

edit- to me, a pick from 15-21 or so is basically the same
    Hoping it will fall in there!

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Hoping it will fall in there!
    Would be nicer to have it fall somewhere 22-26

So playing off the sense this squad can make the playoffs, who do we think we would match up better against? Houston or GS?

Obviously the simple answer is getting a higher seed so you play neither, and clearly that would give us the best chance, but I have to say Houston for sure.

To the point if were the 7th seed and GS still the second, I would actually try and lose our last game or so to move down a spot.

I think the Pels against playoff Houston actually have a punchers chance at making it a series. The team won't be getting the calls they get in the regular season and that has always made Harden look more human and frustrate CP3 into a couple poor performances. I think the Warriors would sweep us again.

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    this is a bad loss. huge for other west teams tho
    This aged well, lol. Bad loss huh?

Too many guys who are not helping out enough. Jrue and AD will get tired real quick.

Miller Okafor, and Clark have to contribute more and more consistently

Big win , SA beat Cleveland , shouldn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by 23speedkillz View Post
    This aged well, lol. Bad loss huh?
    i posted it was in an effort to jinx the bucks. it worked

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Remember when everyone said giving Jrue that contract was going to destroy us?

Big Win! Big names showed up. I am hoping the bench helps out a lot tomorrow to help on minutes of AD and Jrue. Every win means more with how tight the race is in the West.

Crazy how AD just getting a hand on the ball on the turnover on our last possession basically won the game. They took off a second from the play clock. That's the second the Jet needed to get that last 3 off that didn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Remember when everyone said giving Jrue that contract was going to destroy us?
    Let's not pretend we didn't overpay for him after 4 mediocre injury plagued years. But we have overpay for players to be build a culture around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Let's not pretend we didn't overpay for him after 4 mediocre injury plagued years. But we have overpay for players to be build a culture around here.
    We may have "overpayed" at the time but the value of a contract is based on actual play versus actual dollar, not predicted play versus actual dollar. By any objective criteria Jrue's contract has been extremely fair thus far this year.

Jrue is living up to his contract. Demps obviously knows what he’s doing. Especially adding Niko and Okafor. We got rid of Jameer Nelson, Tony Allen, Asik, and Cunningham and we added Niko and Okafor. I’m pleased with our GM at the moment. Our offense is still solid, top ten, our defense is now looking above average. Huge improvement on defense. Sign Okafor now!!!!

I think it was that head band that gave Jrue is powers.
    He needs to keep that going for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    I think it was that head band that gave Jrue is powers.
    He needs to keep that going for the season.
    Or is it a combination of the hair and the head band......we may never know....

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Thread Information