Pelicans Report

Thread: Jimmy Butler Suffers Knee Injury

Jimmy Butler Suffers Knee Injury

Suffered injury against the Rockets while planting his right foot. Left the game and couldn't put ANY weight at all on his knee. Does this slow the Wolves down?

Not how you want to sneak in......but it IS how we are getting dumped out.....so.....
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

If he's actually out for any real length of time then yes, it does help us. He's comfortably their best player, especially on defense and in the clutch.

I saw a tweet earlier that implied it might not be as bad as it looked though, so we'll see
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    It's terrible. I feel for him and I feel for the Wolves.

Buuuuuuut, maybe this helps us, who knows.

After our injury luck I don't feel bad for any team.

Sucks for the players but it shows just how good the staff of ours has been if you can take all these injuries and still make the playoffs while another team falls out of them.

Basketball Guru
    no team felt bad for our injuries so if this help us get it,,so be it....injuries are a part of the game they tell us...

dudes only out a few weeks potentially. if only boogie had that injury instead...

edit: the meniscus is torn. might be done for the year. not sure what timetable is
    Last edited by jprdbulldog20; 02-24-2018 at 04:43 PM.

Yea this may help but realistically we wont make much noise without Boogie. I hate to have that attitude but it is what it is.

Torn meniscus, he will miss a couple months (could be more depending on severity).. Lucky for them it's not an ACL
    Last edited by soggymoss; 02-24-2018 at 06:02 PM.

I hate injuries so much. If I could change one thing in sports it would be no injuries. Just like at guys like Rose who could have gone down as the best PG in NBA history with a ring or 2 playing with Butler. Even Greg Oden who should be in his prime domination still today. So many careers never happened and ended say to soon because of stupid injuries. Hope Butler comes back strong.

I don’t feel bad for the Wolves, but I do feel bad for Butler he is a stand up guy. I see it helping us while he is out, but like an economist on the one hand... I think Wiggins and Kat will step it up and perform at a higher level now that Butler is out and there’s more expected of them. This will he interesting to follow.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I don't think Wiggins and Butler can co-exist personally

The Wolves have done well this season with Butler, but they weren’t horrible last year without him they were just young.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    The Wolves have done well this season with Butler, but they weren’t horrible last year without him they were just young.
    Everything I have read is that Butler has been the difference maker in that locker room. He basically shamed KAT into playing defense, keeps Wiggins more focused.

There was a time I am pretty sure I undervalued this guy but Jimmy Butler is one of the best two way players in the league.

It will be interesting to see if the Wolves revert back to bad habits and how they respond to this.

Thibs is the real deal and KAT doesnt seem poised to fall back into old habits, but I would suspect they are probably closer to the boat we are in now than maintaining that 5-6 range. I'm curious what the strength of their schedule is? Because I think that will say a lot.

It took a couple of weeks to stop feeling sorry for ourselves too. Thibs might not let that happen, but Minnesota is still young. 4 through 9/10 is just so tight. Crazy.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

PHX just tanked their little hearts out depriving us of a win

If it helps us so be it. I'm sure they didn't shed a tear when boogie got hurt. What's up with everyone getting hurt by the rockets?

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    If it helps us so be it. I'm sure they didn't shed a tear when boogie got hurt. What's up with everyone getting hurt by the rockets?
    Maybe they make you play really really hard against them

Thread Information