Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans vs Heat Thread

Seeds 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 in the West all tied on 26 losses. Jeez.
    Basketball.

AD stepping up as leader big time. I'll admit.

Holiday with some rare emotion

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    This team takes years off of my life. What a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    Pels Win! What a game! Great job guys! AD for MVP! Lol
    Of he keeps playing like this they may have to actually consider it especially if we make the playoffs

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

That win was huge for this teams momentum in this playoff race. Doesn't get much better then opening the all star break with an OT win against a good team after being down all game. Every game at this point counts.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    God I love the Pels Twitter account.
    https://twitter.com/PelicansNBA/stat...46655765524480

Jrue stepped up in the clutch. Much needed win.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    God I love the Pels Twitter account.
    https://twitter.com/PelicansNBA/stat...46655765524480
    #savage

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Of he keeps playing like this they may have to actually consider it especially if we make the playoffs

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    Do it for boogie, for the resurgence

Moore looks terrible out there. Great win regardless. AD and Jrue punished them with that pic and pop down the stretch.

6-2 in OT games? Solid

Quote Originally Posted by 23speedkillz View Post
    Moore looks terrible out there. Great win regardless. AD and Jrue punished them with that pic and pop down the stretch.
    Was always a product of the Boogie + AD gravitas early on. Back to being a mediocre role player

Props to Gentry as well.. he called a hell of a game and adjusted his lineup playing the hot hand in Clark. The plays down the stretch with AD and Jrue won this game

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    6-2 in OT games? Solid
    Gentry gets no credit, of course.

That's 8 times he didn't win the game in regulation. Bring back Monty!

Ilyasova is available but we're not said to be in the conversation for him

Quote Originally Posted by 23speedkillz View Post
    Yea he has been bad lately. Was a player I didn't want to part with in a trade but knew he would be a piece needed to do so. With his play now he doesn't look worth much. I'm not going to judge him on a little stretch of basketball though. He's in a slump and they happen to thbe best of them. This team badly needs him on his A game for this playoff battle.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Yea he has been bad lately. Was a player I didn't want to part with in a trade but knew he would be a piece needed to do so. With his play now he doesn't look worth much. I'm not going to judge him on a little stretch of basketball though. He's in a slump and they happen to thbe best of them. This team badly needs him on his A game for this playoff battle.
    You see it as a slump, I see it as regressing to the mean.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    You see it as a slump, I see it as regressing to the mean.
    He's just missing shots and that happens to shooters. He's going to go through hot stretches and some cold ones. That's what separates the good from great ones and even they have long stretches at times. I'll take his overall body of work since he has been here over cherry picking some games he plays bad in.

Props to Gentry as well.. he called a hell of a game and adjusted his lineup playing the hot hand in Clark. The plays down the stretch with AD and Jrue won this game
    Agree 100% with this.

Anthony Davis is on his way to earning All-NBA honors this season, an accomplishment that would make him super max eligible in the summer of 2019. Based on earning All-NBA in 2016-17 and likely 2017-18 (two out of the previous three seasons), Davis would be eligible to sign a five-year $230M extension with a starting salary of $39.7M in July 2019. The extension could project to be the largest in NBA history.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=2...665015433772-4

He's just missing shots and that happens to shooters. He's going to go through hot stretches and some cold ones. That's what separates the good from great ones and even they have long stretches at times. I'll take his overall body of work since he has been here over cherry picking some games he plays bad in.
    I don't mind the missed shots as much. It's his poor play on D and not being able to stay in front of his man. He is kind of slow for a smaller guard. Jrue took his man on that last possession by Miami and I'm glad he did and that they noticed Moore was struggling to get stops. Jrue was big time on both ends of the floor. Ad is just playing out of his mind right now.

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    pels undefeated with emeka starting. no need to even play the game honestly
    Hahahahahaha... THIS is the best!

29 of the last 32 points came from AD and Jrue. 3 points were scored on 1 shot by a player other than AD or Jrue in overtime (Niko).

That was an amazing performance.

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    Anthony Davis is on his way to earning All-NBA honors this season, an accomplishment that would make him super max eligible in the summer of 2019. Based on earning All-NBA in 2016-17 and likely 2017-18 (two out of the previous three seasons), Davis would be eligible to sign a five-year $230M extension with a starting salary of $39.7M in July 2019. The extension could project to be the largest in NBA history.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=2...665015433772-4
    Wouldn't he only be able to get this if he signs with us? What is the max he could get from another team? If I'm correct I think we are just able to add that extra year. That's gonna be hard for AD to turn down that kind of $ especially if we are playing well.

Thread Information