Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What about trading for K. Leonard (SA) in offseason.....

What about trading for K. Leonard (SA) in offseason.....

He seems DONE with Spurs front office and training staff. Some deal with Hill/Ajinca and pick? Or is it ridiculous? Talk about a perfect 3D player for SF spot....

He'd be a perfect fit for about 29 teams, and the 30th is the team that already has him.

The Spurs would want a devils ransom for Kawhi, and they will definitely get it.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Would you trade Cousins for Kawhai?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Yes. Kawhi and AD would be unstoppable, I shiver just thinking about that.
    Welcome to be here

I would, but that is based on my impression that more of Boogies game will be zapped from his injury than Kawhi's will zapped him of his.

That said, you know who would really be interested in him, and has the capital? Look to LALA Land and the Lakers. Kawhi is from LA, and he is the young star that would put LA back on the map.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Aldridge straight up asked for a trade and SA said no. Why would they do the exact opposite with their best player?

Also, LOL at "Hill/Ajinca plus pick." That is worse than the AD to Boston scenarios Celtics fans keep coming up with.

Quote Originally Posted by boardtown View Post
    Aldridge straight up asked for a trade and SA said no. Why would they do the exact opposite with their best player?

Also, LOL at "Hill/Ajinca plus pick." That is worse than the AD to Boston scenarios Celtics fans keep coming up with.
    It’s okay Leonard is a FA in 2019/20….he will just sign here as a FA.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    with what cap space if he didn't sign for nothing less than a max there what make a you think he will here... and rem ember he won a championship with the spurs lol
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    We have 75 mil guaranteed in 19/20 without Boogie. We'd have to move Moore or Solo who would both be expirings - could be feasible

Would mean no Mirotic though but

Jrue
    SG (Jackson?)
    Kawhi
    AD
    Boogie

That is a championship roster. OK imma pin all my hopes on this outcome now
    Last edited by AusPel; 02-22-2018 at 06:46 AM.

In the milisecond when Buford will call Woj and make Kawhi available - there will be around 20 offers better than Pels.

DMC right now is unknown for them healthwise.
    But hell yeah.
    DMC for Kawhi I would do anytime. Heck. I would throw lottery protected pick.
    What is curious to me - is this whole situation with Spurs. Not Spurs-like.
    As to offer Hill/AA /pick - you can get Carroll for it. Who is little worse than Kawhi. A little

This is how it will go down:

Dell is gonna call up SA and offer up Hill and Ajinca straight up for Kwahi and Murray. With a lot of pressure from Pops, the SA front office reluctantly agrees to the trade, figuring the greatest coach of all time knows something they don't.

As soon as the paperwork is filed with the league and the trade completed, Pops takes off his jacket to reveal a pelicans shirt underneath, he immediately puts a stone cold stunner on the entire Spurs front office and chugs a beer on his way out the door to become our new head coach, with Benson following behind Vince McMahon style flashing the Benjamin's everywhere
    Last edited by soggymoss; 02-22-2018 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    This is how it will go down:

Dell is gonna call up SA and offer up Hill and Ajinca straight up for Kwahi and Murray. With a lot of pressure from Pops, the SA front office reluctantly agrees to the trade, figuring the greatest coach of all time knows something they don't.

As soon as the paperwork is filed with the league and the trade completed, Pops takes off his jacket to reveal a pelicans shirt underneath, he immediately puts a stone cold stunner on the entire Spurs front office and chugs a beer on his way out the door to become our new head coach
    Well, this is more believable

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Well, this is more believable

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    I think it has just as much of a chance of happening that we have of trading for Kwahi lol

Kahwi Leonard will be a Pelican. Please make me a signature.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Kahwi Leonard will be a Pelican. Please make me a signature.
    Done.
    Basketball.

Jesus.....I was just joking.

No jokes on the internet. It's not allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by neitzelbaby12 View Post
    Yes. Kawhi and AD would be unstoppable, I shiver just thinking about that.
    Yeah if Boogie was on the court with them. AD and Kawhi won’t cut it. All 3 yeah.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

I’ll take Kawhi only if he brings Monty with him. Can we trade Ajinca’s expiring for Monty?

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    I’ll take Kawhi only if he brings Monty with him. Can we trade Ajinca’s expiring for Monty?
    Yeah! Let's reinstall Monty as head coach and move Gentry down the bench to associate HC. Since we're talking about super unlikely scenarios and all.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I would, but that is based on my impression that more of Boogies game will be zapped from his injury than Kawhi's will zapped him of his.

That said, you know who would really be interested in him, and has the capital? Look to LALA Land and the Lakers. Kawhi is from LA, and he is the young star that would put LA back on the map.
    I could see the Spurs maybe making a deal with the Lakers. Getting something like Ingram and Kuzma could get a deal done for both teams. All of this depends on if any of this is even true. But man he would be a nice fit here. Leonard is the type of guy I could see going to a team like the Pels in FA to join AD and Boogie. If anybody doesn't care if they have a big market and just wants to win it's Leonard. What better place for him then us?

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Yeah! Let's reinstall Monty as head coach and move Gentry down the bench to associate HC. Since we're talking about super unlikely scenarios and all.
    People have short memories. 3 years ago, it was everyone's opinion that Monty was a better assistant coach than head coach and he had to go

Fast forward 3 years and history repeats
    Last edited by AusPel; 02-23-2018 at 03:55 AM.

Monty and Gentry are great assistant coaches, but I wouldn't expect either of them to win me a title as a coach.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    People have short memories. 3 years ago, it was everyone's opinion that Monty was a better assistant coach than head coach and he had to go

Fast forward 3 years and history repeats
    His wife dying has made many (rightfully) sympathetic to Monty. But they're also revisioning his tenure here.

His wife dying has made many (rightfully) sympathetic to Monty. But they're also revisioning his tenure here.
    It's Minty time!

Thread Information