Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: chris bosh

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    What Bosh is saying isn’t offensive, and it’s not the talk of a prima donna, it’s American. If him stating where he desires to work is the move of a prima donna then I can’t help ya. When you got into the profession of your choosing you certainly wanted to work for the best, or you wanted to surround yourself with the best. You ain’t trying to go to a company like the Nets where you don’t know who’s coming or going.
    Maybe the new generation of Americans want to just be handed things, but when I think of American it's what Okafor did.

Hustled his way back from injury, not expecting to be handed anything, started at the bottom, made his way through the G League, then not only joined a NBA roster but started games. Not once did he act like he was too good for something, he just kept grinding.

I thought the American dream was to be the best not get handed a spot working with the best just because you want it.

I am entirely divorced from what is or isn't American, cause I'm not and it holds no importance to me. Announcing specific teams you'd be interested in does, however, imply that you wouldn't be interested in other teams. And when you haven't even shown you're medically capable to play, a beggar trying to be a chooser just isn't good cricket.
    Basketball.

This is just me having a problem with how Bosh handled it. It's completely an opinion thing. It's not even like an actual game of basketball where you can have stuff to back up your opinion like performance and stats.

Why it needed to somehow turn political or "American" is beyond me. I take my blame for responding to the stuff but at this point I think everyone's position has been made clear so I'm out of the conversation.

Chris Bosh is 2 years younger than Emeka. I am glad Emeka is here, but if he weren't being blackballed I would love to kick the tires on Chris Bosh, and I am sure everyone else would as well.

He has also never shown himself to be this primadonna that you are painting him as.

Here is the transcript of his first take segment
    Max Kellerman: “What would your dream scenario be?”

Chris Bosh: “A winning situation.”

Stephen A. Smith: “Any of the top six teams in the NBA, basically?”

Bosh: “Yeah! I mean, top three.”

** Laughter **

Smith: “Well, what’s your top three?”

Bosh: “Man, I would say Houston, Golden State, uh- man, Toronto’s playing well right now; you’ve gotta put them in the top three.”

Smith: “You would go to Toronto? You would go back to Toronto?”

Bosh: “I didn’t say that. You asked me who my top three was.”

Smith: “Well, you said top three; I said top six, you said top three, which means you’d consider them one of your top three.”

Bosh: “We’re talking about the top three. I’m a free agent. I’m a free agent.”

Kellerman: “If you could go to either Cleveland or Toronto, what would you pick?”

Bosh: “Whoever makes me the best deal. One thing I’ve learned is if you have a good deal-”

Molly Qerim: “Give him an offer he can’t refuse, right?”

Bosh: “Yeah, you have to make a good offer -- that’s what it’s about.”
    So he would like to play for the Warriors, Rockets, or perhaps the Raptors, or the Cavs, or whoever would offer him the best deal. Who wouldn't want to play for those teams? I am sure if you asked each player on the Pels, and told them that their answer was in confidence and wouldn't be revealed, each player would want to go to one of those teams because those teams are near locks to win it all. Money being equal, players want to play for winners (look at ring chasers for what theyreally are, good players looking to win a ring in the most sure fire way possible). Bosh is a ring chaser like DX, Kevin Durant, Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, Gary Payton, Lebron, Shaq, and Ray Allen.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Chris Bosh is 2 years younger than Emeka. I am glad Emeka is here, but if he weren't being blackballed I would love to kick the tires on Chris Bosh, and I am sure everyone else would as well.
    I am curious about this. Exactly how is Bosh being blackballed?

The way that injuries are determined to be career ending is he doesn't play for a year, then after an entire year the NBA and the Players union TOGETHER get a 3rd party doctor to evaluate the player. That independent 3rd party doctor is the one that gives the final ruling about whether it is career ending or not.

Here's an article around the time of the ruling that clearly outlines it.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/6/...still-possible

So exactly who is black balling Bosh? He's already off of Miami books with no danger of ever being added again. The doctor who determined it was career ending was 3rd and agrees upon BY THE PLAYERS UNION. So is Chris Paul the one black balling Bosh? Is the entire NBA and Players union jointly black balling him?

Please explain how.Bosh has been black balled and how players like Okafor who took years to recover from being ruled unable to play weren't being.

Several team executives contacted by B/R on Friday said they would need to review all the medical and legal facts before forming an opinion on whether offering Bosh a contract would be a viable option.

"That's for doctors and lawyers," one Eastern Conference general manager said, "not basketball guys."

Bosh indicated he's been in the gym training and would be able to help a contending team as soon as this season. For a free agent to be playoff-eligible, he must be on the roster and under contract by March 1—less than two weeks away. Given the delicate medical and legal issues involved, it's almost impossible to imagine that timeline being met.

Furthermore, even if a team were willing to take the risk and medically clear Bosh, several team execs speculated that getting a contract through the league office would be next to impossible.

"My guess is, the league would sit on it for a long time," an Eastern Conference exec told B/R.

The league's new protocols state that once a player has been deemed to have a career-ending medical condition or injury, he may be referred to the medical panel again, but only with proof in writing from a physician that there are "materially changed circumstances," such as treatment advances or a change in the player's condition. It is not known what provisions were agreed to in Bosh's situation, if any, that would allow him to be re-evaluated.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2759994
    He could be healthy to the point to play, but the league doesn't want to run the risk of another Reggie Lewis. The attorney's wont expose the league to the potential damage, so they wont bring Bosh back in.

He could be healthy to the point to play, but the league doesn't want to run the risk of another Reggie Lewis. The attorney's wont expose the league to the potential damage, so they wont bring Bosh back in.
    So how exactly is that specific to Bosh being black balled? Those are the rules that ALL players have to follow and were agreed upon by the Player's Union.

How was Okafor cleared to play after years? No one is out to get Bosh. It's the protocol everyone has to go through. If it were black balling the players would have never agreed to it during CBA negotiations.

What we know is Bosh was ruled to be medically unable to play by a 3rd party doctor selected in part by the Player's Union. Being in the gym and playing around does not indicate at all that he is ready to return. No 2nd evaluation has been performed that has medically cleared Bosh to return. The doctor who would perform this 2nd evaluation would be determined jointly between the NBA and the Player's Association.

So again. Unless the players association is specifically out to get Bosh, everyone is just following protocol that was agreed upon. Black balling implies specific agenda against a particular individual without reason. None of that is the case with Bosh’s situation.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 02-19-2018 at 12:18 PM.

Does it help the NBA or the NBAPA if a player dies on the court?

I know right. I don’t want him to play at all not just for the Pelicans. He has a serious heart problem that can kill him. He needs to think about his family before this. Just become an announcer or go back to TNT and go home to your family safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    I know right. I don’t want him to play at all not just for the Pelicans. He has a serious heart problem that can kill him. He needs to think about his family before this. Just become an announcer or go back to TNT and go home to your family safe.
    Or go back to being a Jurassic Park exhibit.

So he's not being black balled. They are following protocol. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    So he's not being black balled. They are following protocol. Got it.
    To avoid further argument, sure. They are following "protocol".

To avoid further argument, sure. They are following "protocol".
    It's not black balling to be extremely cautious with allowing players to return after being ruled medically unable to play. Especially players who still have not been medically cleared. It's called common sense. So yes, they are following protocol. Agreed.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 02-19-2018 at 04:39 PM.

This dude seriously should just let it go but his blood sucking leech of a wife is in his ear pumping him up to keep playing. This guy has some terrible decision making skills and the people around him don't hell.
    I'm a grinder

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    This dude seriously should just let it go but his blood sucking leech of a wife is in his ear pumping him up to keep playing. This guy has some terrible decision making skills and the people around him don't hell.
    What in the hell are you talking about? I know that it doesn’t say everything about the guy, but someone who has a diversified investment portfolio, has taught himself how to code, and has his own eSports team, it’s not about the money, it’s aboit the passion for the sport. He is still 33, which puts him right at the tail end of his prime. He wants to play, and is working his way back.

What in the hell are you talking about? I know that it doesn’t say everything about the guy, but someone who has a diversified investment portfolio, has taught himself how to code, and has his own eSports team, it’s not about the money, it’s aboit the passion for the sport. He is still 33, which puts him right at the tail end of his prime. He wants to play, and is working his way back.
    A caring spouse would enforcement what you said about the finances and leave the game alone. You have children. Once its at that point the hell with the game but you have a spouse who is only in it for the money, those conversations wont exist. That's what the hell I'm talking about. Didnt think something so simple to convey would be so difficult for some.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Link?

A caring spouse would enforcement what you said about the finances and leave the game alone. You have children. Once its at that point the hell with the game but you have a spouse who is only in it for the money, those conversations wont exist. That's what the hell I'm talking about. Didnt think something so simple to convey would be so difficult for some.
    Do you have proof that his wife is a blood sucking leach, or is that just coming out of your ******? I have read multiple stories on Bosh (since this thread was started) and not one says that they have a financial issue, or that his wife is pushing him to play. Every last one says that this is something that he wants to do, and he is working to get back into playing shape. There has been no mention of his family or wife pushing him to do this for the money. As I said, many articles mention how well diversified he is, and how he is set financially, this isn't a money thing, its a desire thing.

Do you have proof that his wife is a blood sucking leach, or is that just coming out of your ******? I have read multiple stories on Bosh (since this thread was started) and not one says that they have a financial issue, or that his wife is pushing him to play. Every last one says that this is something that he wants to do, and he is working to get back into playing shape. There has been no mention of his family or wife pushing him to do this for the money. As I said, many articles mention how well diversified he is, and how he is set financially, this isn't a money thing, its a desire thing.
    ok

Ok, so it is coming out of your ******.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!

Are these sites you normally go to for your news? So you're into Bossip, TMZ and slut shaming a player's wife because he wants to pick which team he plays for. Got it.

Thread Information