.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 47

Thread: chris bosh

  1. #1

    chris bosh

    he says that he isnt done yet... would it be smart to buy out ajinca and try to sign bosh? he fills a need for us and should still have that sweet stroke from three....

  2. #2
    RIP BDJ AUSSIE_PELICAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    5,925
    We ain't going into the tax to include Bosh.
    Maybe next season if he is still looking for a run.

  3. #3
    Basketball Guru GuardianAngel25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NOLA
    Posts
    6,553
    I read that he isn't done with basketball and by that he means something in the front office.. pretty sure I saw an interview where he said he wouldn't play again but would like to get involved somehow helping young players. Even if he wanted to play I wouldn't sign him. Not that he wouldn't be an upgrade but it wouldn't make much sense for us or him. If he signs anywhere it's gonna be somewhere like Houston, Toronto, or Miami..

  4. #4
    He named the Warriors, Rockets, and Raptors as the teams he wants to go to.

    Good luck with that. Coming off being ruled unable to ever play again and still wants to act like the queen bee.

    Good riddance in retirement. Give me. Okafor and his hustle and drive to return every day of the week over that prima madonna crap.

  5. #5
    RIP BDJ AUSSIE_PELICAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    5,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    He named the Warriors, Rockets, and Raptors as the teams he wants to go to.

    Good luck with that. Coming off being ruled unable to ever play again and still wants to act like the queen bee.

    Good riddance in retirement. Give me. Okafor and his hustle and drive to return every day of the week over that prima madonna crap.
    And he wants to jack up 3's and play no defence lol.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I read that he isn't done with basketball and by that he means something in the front office.. pretty sure I saw an interview where he said he wouldn't play again but would like to get involved somehow helping young players. Even if he wanted to play I wouldn't sign him. Not that he wouldn't be an upgrade but it wouldn't make much sense for us or him. If he signs anywhere it's gonna be somewhere like Houston, Toronto, or Miami..
    This. Tbh it's seems kinda messed up to even consider him as an option at this point. Blood clots is a very serious matter and I truly wants what's best for him health wise right now.
    CAW CAW!!!

    -Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

  7. #7
    The Franchise
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    public housing
    Posts
    2,455
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    He named the Warriors, Rockets, and Raptors as the teams he wants to go to.

    Good luck with that. Coming off being ruled unable to ever play again and still wants to act like the queen bee.

    Good riddance in retirement. Give me. Okafor and his hustle and drive to return every day of the week over that prima madonna crap.
    Why would you have a problem with a dude picking which team he wants to play for, calling him “the queen bee”, when he’s a free agent and would be potentially risking HIS LIFE by playing for anyone!!??

    Some people are ridiculous!
    Last edited by NMThreeMVP; 02-15-2018 at 07:35 PM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Why would you have a problem with a dude picking which team he wants to play for, calling him “the queen bee”, when he’s a free agent and would be potentially risking HIS LIFE by playing for anyone!!??

    Some people are ridiculous!
    Because he should be happy with ANY team willing to take the extremely huge risk of allowing him to attempt to come back.

    He can choose wherever he wants if he gets multiple offers but to come out publicly and name the teams he is willing to play for is a pretty disrespectful way to handle it. Especially when it would be a huge gamble for any team.

    He can have a private list and not need to spit in the face of every other NBA team.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 02-15-2018 at 10:12 PM.

  9. #9
    The Franchise tthier2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Opelousas
    Posts
    1,360
    Doesn't surprise me one bit that he named those teams. These new school athletes make this game hard to watch with all of this buddy buddy riding the coat tail bs
    I'm a grinder

  10. #10
    Exhibit C Nola3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    852
    Why the hell would he want to come back to some middling team? He was incredible when he was available and he should want to compete for a title. Anyone who is questioning Bosh's defense also clearly never watched a second of those Heat teams because he was literally everywhere on D.

    And FOH with that new school athlete BS. Pete Maravich signed with Bird's Celtics at the end of his career. Same with Bill Walton. Karl Malone signed on with Kobe and Shaq to chase a ring. Same with Gary Payton. This has always happened. And will always happen. Bosh (if healthy, obviously) deserves to sign wherever he wants because (if healthy, obviously) almost any team would be lucky to have him, and not the other way around.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    Doesn't surprise me one bit that he named those teams. These new school athletes make this game hard to watch with all of this buddy buddy riding the coat tail bs
    Not to spiral off into an endless debate, but I think it is a bit more complex than that.

    For instance take KD or Lebron.

    Better yet lets stick with Lebron.

    Had Lebron not left for Miami that team likely never gets Kyrie, never has the assets to get a guy like Love. For all intents and purposes Lebron becomes an Elgin Baylor or Karl Malone. A great player that doesnt have the hardware to claim himself amongst the truly all time greats. Who knows if they ever win a championship. While i think what you say is true, I think it is also true that players rightfully recognize that their legacy is always tied to whether they won a ring, and how many. Would anyone even consider Lebron in the conversation with Michael Jordan without the rings? Absolutely not. But with the rings in Miami and the one in Cleveland, that is what now gives him the better case.

    His skillset and output hasn't changed, just the team around him. But players recognize how much is put into those rings, so they know that they need to get them to be considered Tim Duncan and not Charles Barkley. Not that Barkley isnt great, but he forever has the stigma as the guy that didn't get a ring, and his legacy has suffered accordingly.

  12. #12
    The Franchise tthier2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Opelousas
    Posts
    1,360
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Not to spiral off into an endless debate, but I think it is a bit more complex than that.

    For instance take KD or Lebron.

    Better yet lets stick with Lebron.

    Had Lebron not left for Miami that team likely never gets Kyrie, never has the assets to get a guy like Love. For all intents and purposes Lebron becomes an Elgin Baylor or Karl Malone. A great player that doesnt have the hardware to claim himself amongst the truly all time greats. Who knows if they ever win a championship. While i think what you say is true, I think it is also true that players rightfully recognize that their legacy is always tied to whether they won a ring, and how many. Would anyone even consider Lebron in the conversation with Michael Jordan without the rings? Absolutely not. But with the rings in Miami and the one in Cleveland, that is what now gives him the better case.

    His skillset and output hasn't changed, just the team around him. But players recognize how much is put into those rings, so they know that they need to get them to be considered Tim Duncan and not Charles Barkley. Not that Barkley isnt great, but he forever has the stigma as the guy that didn't get a ring, and his legacy has suffered accordingly.

    I understand what you are saying but look at how many people still won't give lebron credit because he went to Miami and honestly I didn't fault him for that move because trying to get people to go to Cleveland was virtually impossible so he had to do something. KD will never get proper credit for going to golden state. He is forever tarnished. I guess since bosh is pretty much finished it doesn't really matter. His new ring(if he gets one) will be similar to the likes of David west at this point. So who cares

  13. #13
    The Franchise pawel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland
    Posts
    2,198
    I have some financial doubts.

    His $50 millions went from the Miami salary cap because of the retirement in July 2017.
    Maybe I am wrong but I read in the past that if he will return in the future two years this salary will return to Miami books (minus new contract)
    it will send Miami deep into the tax.

    Dell wont do it to Miami, he has good relations with riley.

    Maybe I am wrong with it, but I will try to check it.

  14. #14
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! AusPel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,885
    Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    I have some financial doubts.

    His $50 millions went from the Miami salary cap because of the retirement in July 2017.
    Maybe I am wrong but I read in the past that if he will return in the future two years this salary will return to Miami books (minus new contract)
    it will send Miami deep into the tax.

    Dell wont do it to Miami, he has good relations with riley.

    Maybe I am wrong with it, but I will try to check it.
    What if Dell just signs him for what was remaining on Miami's books?

    Then Dell isn't being a jerk to Riley

  15. #15
    The Franchise
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    public housing
    Posts
    2,455
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Because he should be happy with ANY team willing to take the extremely huge risk of allowing him to attempt to come back.

    He can choose wherever he wants if he gets multiple offers but to come out publicly and name the teams he is willing to play for is a pretty disrespectful way to handle it. Especially when it would be a huge gamble for any team.

    He can have a private list and not need to spit in the face of every other NBA team.
    Dude is financially secure. An NBA champion. And a free agent. He ain't a slave! He can say he only wants to play handful of teams, because (to paraphrase Cleo McDowell) "This is America Jack!"

    It's a risk for an NBA team, but it's a greater risk to him. Disrespectful?!? Man...

  16. #16
    Its disrespectful to call him a drama queen, and say that you would take Emeka over him.

    Bosh deciding where he wants to play isn't a jerk move, its American. If I have the option to work at a small bank with zero to no assets or a bank like JP Morgan or Citi, then damn strait I am going to work for JP Morgan or Citi rather than the smaller bank.

    Emeka was never on Bosh's level. Might as well go and say, I would take Desmond Mason over MJ. Sure Desmond had his moments, but he was never confused with MJ.

    Let him play again. Don't go the NFL route and blackball him.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

  17. #17
    One is medically cleared. The other isn't.

    I would take Okafor every day of the week over Bosh because one can actually play. Just like I would take Okafor over Shaq right now. What was done in the past is irrelevant to now.

  18. #18
    The Franchise
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    public housing
    Posts
    2,455
    I have no issues with the take that you'd take Emeka over Bosh. That's much better (and different) than calling Bosh an entitled, disrespectful, queen. You and Laura Ingraham crack me up. Rich people usually get afforded some privilege and entitlement in this country, but not these athletes for some reason. These athletes should be "respectful" to the owners.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I have no issues with the take that you'd take Emeka over Bosh. That's much better (and different) than calling Bosh an entitled, disrespectful, queen. You and Laura Ingraham crack me up. Rich people usually get afforded some privilege and entitlement in this country, but not these athletes for some reason. These athletes should be "respectful" to the owners.
    Why is anything political or wealth related even coming into this? I'm talking about from the perspective of a fan.

    My problem isn't with Bosh having a list of preferred places, it's that he would publicly announce them.

    Okafor has struggled for years to come back from career ending injuries, and played his way through G League to earn a spot. But Bosh named 3 teams.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 02-16-2018 at 09:10 PM.

  20. #20
    The Franchise
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    public housing
    Posts
    2,455
    When did Bosh say anything about “lowering himself” or teams “not being worthy”? You’ve got a certain spin you’re putting on Bosh’s comments that wasn’t there in his First Take interview. Whatever your bias is, you should stick to straight basketball!

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    When did Bosh say anything about “lowering himself” or teams “not being worthy”? You’ve got a certain spin you’re putting on Bosh’s comments that wasn’t there in his First Take interview. Whatever your bias is, you should stick to straight basketball!
    Yes, my spin is that I prefer a player with a good attitude and a willing spirit than someone who isn't even medically cleared announcing to the public he only wants to play for a top team and naming those teams.

  22. #22
    The Franchise
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    public housing
    Posts
    2,455
    You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts. Bosh was engaged in a very light interview on First Take, and only said (when asked), that he’d play for any of the top 3 teams if they asked him and he was cleared to play. It was a far cry from a player having an attitude of entitlement and announcing every team other than the top 3 is unworthy. And he didn’t eliminate the possibility of signing with any team next season.

    Have you actually watched the interview?!

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    You are entitled to your own opinion
    Exactly. The rest is just your opinion vs mine. I prefer a humble guy who was willing to grind his way through the G League over someone who wants to go straight to a contender and publicly names those teams.

  24. #24
    What Bosh is saying isn’t offensive, and it’s not the talk of a prima donna, it’s American. If him stating where he desires to work is the move of a prima donna then I can’t help ya. When you got into the profession of your choosing you certainly wanted to work for the best, or you wanted to surround yourself with the best. You ain’t trying to go to a company like the Nets where you don’t know who’s coming or going.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 02-18-2018 at 10:53 PM.

  25. #25
    Okafor > Bosh. Seriously, we can’t say Bosh is better. He’s been out of the league and he’s old and has serious medical problems.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •