How about this 10 day schedule:

3/15 - @Spurs
    3/17 - Rockets
    3/18 - Celtics
    3/20 - Mavs
    3/21 - Pacers
    3/22 - Lakers
    3/24 - @ Rockets
    That's an absolute killer. Three games in three nights, 7 in 10. Wow.
    Basketball.

Id bench starters for the Celtics game - the three in a row are all beatable teams, but back to back like that? We will be lucky to win 2 games that week.

Pacers have the night off before and after. NBA hates us - Proof.

That can't be real lol 3 games in 3 nights seriously??

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Holy cow

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    That can't be real lol 3 games in 3 nights seriously??

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    3 in 3 nights and 5 in 6 nights, crazy!

I'd just rest starters against the Pacers.. That's brutal, they should have had it right after the all star break

Just a terrible idea
    RIP FlyGirl

#pelslife
    I'm a grinder

That's 5 home games in 6 nights. What a terrible decision by the NBA. That makeup game should have been added before the Miami game post-All-Star Break.
    "Davis is gonna be the best Basketball Player Ever. ......Please quote me." -Silverfoxx

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    My understanding is that union negotiated a certain number of off days for All Star Break. That or arena availability might have been why we’re obviously getting screwed.

On the flip side, the court was fine and the players could have played that game. This could also be a message to players about intentionally skipping a game that could have been played when scheduled. The players didn’t want to play is very different from the players would have been at risk if they played. These guys just didn’t want to play.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Pels are going to have to sit starters for Pacers game or put them on real minutes restriction.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    My understanding is that union negotiated a certain number of off days for All Star Break. That or arena availability might have been why we’re obviously getting screwed.

On the flip side, the court was fine and the players could have played that game. This could also be a message to players about intentionally skipping a game that could have been played when scheduled. The players didn’t want to play is very different from the players would have been at risk if they played. These guys just didn’t want to play.
    I wouldn't say the court was fine, they had reports that some of the floor was coming up where the water was falling

We are going to have our work cut out for us to make the playoffs.

ESPN made note the other day that the Jazz have the second easiest post ALL Star Game schedule, the Clippers not far behind them.

With the Nuggets and Blazers playing well, no real faith in the losses in SA continuing, or the Wolves/Thunder magically collapsing, playoffs are going to be a rough fight for the Pels. This is why losing winnable games earlier this season is so difficult to stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by Andynola View Post
    Id bench starters for the Celtics game - the three in a row are all beatable teams, but back to back like that? We will be lucky to win 2 games that week.

Pacers have the night off before and after. NBA hates us - Proof.

To be fair it was our ratchet stadium that caused the problem. If there was no better date, you kinda have to screw the pels if you are going to be stuck screwing one or the other.

suck it up, adapt, overcome, triumph

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post

ESPN made note the other day that the Jazz have the second easiest post ALL Star Game schedule, the Clippers not far behind them.

With the Nuggets and Blazers playing well, no real faith in the losses in SA continuing, or the Wolves/Thunder magically collapsing, playoffs are going to be a rough fight for the Pels. This is why losing winnable games earlier this season is so difficult to stomach.
    all of dis

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post

I came to the realisation that we weren't going to make the playoffs after Boogie went down. The only bright spot out of all of this was getting Mirotic and dumping Asik.

Don't think we get Mirotic if we still had Boogie as I think Chicago probably could of got more. With Boogie this is definitely a late first. Without him its likely to be a lottery pick.

These 3 games haven't shown me anything other than beating teams we should have.

Unless AD plays like this after the ASB, Rondo plays like he did in the po and Hill returns to atleast 80% I don't see us any higher than 7th. That's an early exit in my eyes.
    Last edited by AUSSIE_PELICAN; 02-15-2018 at 04:48 PM.

With how competitive the West is this year, and all the injuries we've had to overcome just making the playoffs would be a huge victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    With how competitive the West is this year, and all the injuries we've had to overcome just making the playoffs would be a huge victory.
    It's the same ******** every season.
    The close enough is good enough attitude needs to stop.
    Next season there are no excuses.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Put the starters on a minute restriction and try to win what you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope we get Solo back by then

I think Gentry has done a solid job this season.. I think everyone would agree with Cousins never going down along with Solo staying healthy we have atleast 3 more wins? Just 3 more wins puts this team in 3rd place in both the Western and Easterm conference. Sure we have had some rough games but anybody that watches basketball would know we are not the only ones. We just notice more for our team because of the investment we have in the team. Even with those injuries we easily should have won 3 games that yes the players blew. With a few things going our way we are sitting at the 3rd seed with a little cushion being s couple of games ahead. Let's see what Gentry does with this team post all star break before the #FireGentry bull happens after every loss.

I thought 3 games in 3 nights was illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    It's the same ******** every season.
    The close enough is good enough attitude needs to stop.
    Next season there are no excuses.
    The close enough is good enough? Wtf are you talking about?

We are down TWO starters. We have lost 1 of our superstars for the season, we at different points in the season have had as many as 3 starters out, we have had as many as 7 players or nearly 50% of our entire roster inactive for games due to injuries, we have had stretches where we have not had one single healthy backup center, and we have had to constantly change lineups and rotations due to these injuries.

Spare me the close enough is good enough nonsense. If we make the playoffs this season with how fierce the competition is and with all the injuries we have suffer this would be a huge victory.

People really need to gain some freaking perspective of what is realistic.

Thread Information