Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Da 8f Seed in Da West, who you got?

starting the day with playoff odds at 90%

root for:

pacers vs. jazz (pacers 1.5 point underdogs) --- L
    pelicans @ kings (pelicans 5.5 point favorites) --- nice W but AD injury could be impactful going forward
    cavs @ nuggets (cavs 3.5 point underdogs) --- thanks for the W LeBron

3 important games tonight that all could go either way. obviously pels taking care of business is priority #1, but getting help from pacers and/or cavs would also be a big help

it was a really nice night, but that AD injury has me worried. really cannot afford him to miss any games. hopefully the ankle is somehow ready to go for friday night.

ending the night with playoff odds up to 95% but can't afford to lose AD
    Last edited by jprdbulldog20; 03-07-2018 at 11:58 PM.

Would anyone rest some players during this stretch of games if possible? That is a ton of games in a 7 day stretch. I would rest either both Houston games or Celtic game (3/18) and Houston game (3/24) . This all depends on where we are in the standings if we can rest. We have to go 3-3 at least during this stretch and maybe with a little rest I think we have a better chance of beating the Celtics and going 4-2.

3/17 Houston(Home)
    3/18 Celtics(Home)
    3/20 Mavs(Home)
    3/21 Pacers(Home)
    3/22 Lakers(Home)
    3/24 Houston(Away)

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    Would anyone rest some players during this stretch of games if possible? That is a ton of games in a 7 day stretch. I would rest either both Houston games or Celtic game (3/18) and Houston game (3/24) . This all depends on where we are in the standings if we can rest. We have to go 3-3 at least during this stretch and maybe with a little rest I think we have a better chance of beating the Celtics and going 4-2.

3/17 Houston(Home)
    3/18 Celtics(Home)
    3/20 Mavs(Home)
    3/21 Pacers(Home)
    3/22 Lakers(Home)
    3/24 Houston(Away)
    No resting players. I understand your perspective on this but I think all of those games are possible wins. Our team knows how to win. Period. I think Jrue and Niko and Rondo will do damage. Hopefully AD is healthy and even Hill could be back and get limited minutes.

Maybe play all out vs rockets and Boston. Rest, significantly limit minutes for MAVS but be full blast for PACERS. Only rest players against Houston if we are getting blown out. I agree we need to go at least 3-3. But, I think we’re going to go 5-1. We have incredible chemistry and we won’t be stopped. Our defense is so much better and Niko is catching on. We are really going to prove that we are better than the league currently thinks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post

3/17 Houston(Home)
    3/18 Celtics(Home)
    3/20 Mavs(Home)
    3/21 Pacers(Home)
    3/22 Lakers(Home)
    3/24 Houston(Away)
    No way. In this playoff race, if you rest, you fall behind. Need to win as many games as possible. Would be HUGE to pull out at least one win against Houston.

I noticed them getting tired at the end of the Kings game, so 3/22 is gonna be a struggle for them.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    No resting players. I understand your perspective on this but I think all of those games are possible wins. Our team knows how to win. Period. I think Jrue and Niko and Rondo will do damage. Hopefully AD is healthy and even Hill could be back and get limited minutes.

Maybe play all out vs rockets and Boston. Rest, significantly limit minutes for MAVS but be full blast for PACERS. Only rest players against Houston if we are getting blown out. I agree we need to go at least 3-3. But, I think we’re going to go 5-1. We have incredible chemistry and we won’t be stopped. Our defense is so much better and Niko is catching on. We are really going to prove that we are better than the league currently thinks!!!

Mavs game is the game where you CERTAINLY DONT want to rest anybody. If we LOSE that game, its like giving up 1 1/2 games to the rest of the field.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    No way. In this playoff race, if you rest, you fall behind. Need to win as many games as possible. Would be HUGE to pull out at least one win against Houston.

I noticed them getting tired at the end of the Kings game, so 3/22 is gonna be a struggle for them.
    NOTE: They were getting tired, yes, but they have been on the road for eons. Big Difference between playing B2B at home instead of Flying from town to town.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    AD could miss time with ankle injury. That will be plenty of rest for him headed into this stretch. This would also be a good time to get Hill back.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    AD could miss time with ankle injury. That will be plenty of rest for him headed into this stretch. This would also be a good time to get Hill back.
    I would sit him out until Tuesday unless the swelling gets significantly better. I rather we play the long game and get him as healthy as possible for the upcoming stretch of games.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 03-08-2018 at 03:58 PM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

entering the night with playoff odds at 94%

root for:

celtics @ wolves (celtics 2.5 point favorites) --- very helpful W
    suns @ thunder (suns 10 point underdogs...) --- L
    warriors vs. spurs (warriors 11 point favorites) --- barely a W

a couple lopsided spreads here. not expecting any help from the tanking suns. warriors should be fine at home vs. the struggling spurs. the celtics @ wolves game is a tossup and easily the most important game of the night. hopefully celtics can come through in minny

celtics with a nice W in minny. suns are horrendous. warriors scared me but the snake KD came through. sucks curry got hurt tho...he is already OUT for their game @ portland tomorrow which sucksssssss for us...

ending the night with playoff odds still at 94%. gonna be a tough game tomorrow assuming AD is out
    Last edited by jprdbulldog20; 03-09-2018 at 12:18 AM.

entering the night with playoff odds at 94%

root for:

pelicans vs. wizards (pelicans 3 point underdogs without AD; porter GTD) --- embarrassing L
    grizzlies vs. jazz (grizzlies 9 point underdogs...) --- L
    lakers @ nuggets (lakers 7 point underdogs) --- L
    warriors @ blazers (warriors 1 point favorites without Curry) --- L
    cavs @ clippers (cavs 1 point underdogs) --- L

really important night tonight. pels/wiz game is gonna be tough without AD. not expecting any help from grizz. lakers probably won't win either but denver has been struggling a bit lately and lakers have been playing pretty well. warriors without curry and on 2nd night of B2B in portland will be real tough. same with cavs @ clips. pels are obviously the most important game, but if we can somehow win without AD AND get a win from warriors or cavs, it would be a reallllly nice night

0/5... the night could not have gone any worse....

playoff odds dropped from 94% to 87%
    Last edited by jprdbulldog20; 03-09-2018 at 11:56 PM.

Trust our luck.
    No Curry against Portland and Minnesota.

entering the night with playoff odds at 87%

root for:

thunder vs. spurs (could argue both ways here probably but spurs playoff odds are 63% while OKC is at 82%, so i think i'd rather spurs lose to hurt them even more; thunder 4.5 point favorites) --- W
    magic @ clippers (magic 11.5 point underdogs...) --- L

not a very important day. can't imagine us getting any help from the tanking Orlando Tragic, and the other game hurts/helps either way. biggest news of the day is that AD has been upgraded from doubtful to questionable for tomorrow. i'd guess he plays, but Gobert usually gives him fits. gonna be a real tough game

thunder won. good i guess. magic suck. thanks for nothing.

ending night with playoff odds at 87%
    Last edited by jprdbulldog20; 03-10-2018 at 11:58 PM.

Yay...
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Yay...
    LOL

The plot thickens *facepalm*
    RIP FlyGirl

That would be a nice day to get Solo back....

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    That would be a nice day to get Solo back....
    Exactly, we get our star SF returning the same time, so that position will be an even wash.

Who is our star sf?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Who is our star sf?
    The inestimable Solomon Hill

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    we gonna take care of business against the Jazz. I’m psychic and I predicted the 10 game winning streak.

We are winners. The Jazz will get a nice beat down. We are not missing the playoffs. We had one crappy game. 10 wins in a row isn’t luck.

This is my prediction for March:
    SAC: W
    Dallas: W
    Clippers: W
    Wizards: L
    Utah: W
    Charlotte: W
    San Antonio: L
    Houston: L
    Boston: W
    Dallas: W
    Indiana: W
    Los Angeles: W
    Houston: L
    Portland: L
    Cleveland: L

10-5 for March

April.... prediction

OKC: W
    Memphis: W
    PHX: W
    GSW: L
    Clippers: W
    San Antonio: L

4-2.... not too bad?

We have 17 games left.

Final record 48-34.
    7th seed. Facing Rockets who will drop to 2nd seed. We will lose in 6 games. First round exit.

Boogie signs with us. We keep Miller and Rondo. We make a smart move in offseason involving Diallo, Ajinca, Moore to land another SF. We are going to be top 5-10 team and go deeper into the playoffs. Championship won’t happen until 2019-2020 season. Benson will die immediately after we win the championship.

We have 17 games left.

I expect us to go 8-9 and get to 44 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    We have 17 games left.

I expect us to go 8-9 and get to 44 wins.
    Uh, I don't think 8 wins adds up to 44? I'm not sure, but I don't think so!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Uh, I don't think 8 wins adds up to 44? I'm not sure, but I don't think so!
    It doesn't, it gives us 46, but I see his point.

For some reason when I checked what our record was I thought it said 36 wins instead of 38. It was just me misreading. I knew when I typed 44 that that number seemed low because I thought we'd finish with 46 a week or so ago, but I decided to believe my eyes which lied to me.

I still think we go 8-9(give or take a game) to finish the season. So we would end up with 46 wins.

This game tonight might be the most important one of the season. If we beat Utah I can't imagine them being able to catch us in the standings. Which pushes someone else out instead of us.

entering the night with playoff odds at 87%

root for:

warriors @ wolves (warriors 4 point favorites; Curry out again) --- L
    pelicans vs. jazz (pelicans 2 point underdogs; extremely important game, I think AD will play on his birthday today) --- L
    kings @ nuggets (kings 12 point underdogs...) --- L

very important day, especially our game. a warriors win would also be nice, but i'm not expecting any help from the tanking kings. we just have to get a win though, and it would be a very successful day

like friday, everything went wrong.

ending day with playoff odds at 76%
    Last edited by jprdbulldog20; 03-11-2018 at 06:32 PM.

Thread Information